ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Above Ground Pools (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274074)

mr. tegu 06-24-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9773059)
No one from Florida will swim in a lake. We only do pools or the ocean.

You are all afraid of a little ole poisonous snake or a 12 ft alligator? Pfft.

LoneWolf 06-24-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9773006)
Pics of the neighbor's daughter? (preferably by the pool)

If I can pull it off without starting divorce proceedings, sure.

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 04:45 PM

As a project manager of an in ground pool company, I indeed do not have an above ground pool.

Thinking of starting up a crew for installing them though. People call us all the time and I hate turning away easy work.

Lzen 06-24-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9772988)
A lake? **** that!

Dude, it's okay. We don't have alligators on our lakes up here.

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9773011)
You must go to the wrong lakes. Tablerock and Stockton here in Missouri are extremely clear and beautifully framed by rock cliffs and islands. Very clean water, ie. no oil spills.

:mad: Last time I was at Tablerock (years and years ago) they had parts of the lake that were off-limits due to bacteria in the water from the ridiculous amounts of goose shit from Canadian Geese.

I really hate those birds.

NewChief 06-24-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9773108)
As a project manager of an in ground pool company, I indeed do not have an above ground pool.

Thinking of starting up a crew for installing them though. People call us all the time and I hate turning away easy work.

It is extremely easy work. The best way to do it (or the way my company did it) was to also have a deck building crew. That way you could offer the owner a total, polished package if that's what they wanted.

Omaha 06-24-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9773113)
It is extremely easy work. The best way to do it (or the way my company did it) was to also have a deck building crew. That way you could offer the owner a total, polished package if that's what they wanted.

I always offer a total, polished package.

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9773113)

Yup. Probably not this year, but the idea is to have two installation crews for replacement liners and covers on in ground pools who could also assemble these puppies.

I mean you really only need two guys on each crew. Good money for a day's work to supplement our real business.

NewChief 06-24-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9773115)
I always offer a total, polished package.

Overpolishing makes you blind.

CrazyPhuD 06-24-2013 04:58 PM

Remember the one key to maintaining a pool. If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9772860)
There is some truth to this. We currently have an inground pool and while it is great on days when it's extremely hot or when the neighbors 22 year old daughter comes over to cool off, the upkeep and maintenance can be a bitch. We've discussed getting rid of it several times, but that's easier said than done.

What company built the pool?

(It may have been us. We're based in Wichita)

ChiefsCountry 06-24-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9773108)

What is the starting price on an in ground pool?

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9773136)
What is the starting price on an in ground pool?

Meh... not really interested in giving our prices out on an internet forum. With the behavior many have shown it's doubtful I'd publicly mention the name of my company.

You're going to spend over 20K though, unless it's really small. If it's really small, I just don't see the point in getting an in-ground pool.

ChiefsCountry 06-24-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9773139)
Meh... not really interested in giving our prices out on an internet forum. With the behavior many have shown it's doubtful I'd publicly mention the name of my company.

You're going to spend over 20K though, unless it's really small. If it's really small, I just don't see the point in getting an in-ground pool.

Understand and the over 20k price is what I had figured.

Bugeater 06-24-2013 05:15 PM

This is a picture of a buddy of mine's set-up, there's a lot you can't see but we built deck around 2/3 of it, and continued the wood rail around the other 1/3 and connected it to the existing two level deck. It's badass and not white trash at all.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/9gd0rp.jpg