ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Above Ground Pools (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274074)

Bugeater 06-24-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9772923)
Why would anyone own a pool in the first place? Just go down the street to the neighborhood pool, or better yet go to the lake. No maintainence or liability to worry about ever. Plus there will be far more girls there than at your white trash pool

I grew up with a pool. Fun some of the itme. Most of the time, my dad made me clean it out. Or repaint it, etc. Sucked.

Go take a pool certification class. You'll never get in a public pool again.

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9773167)
Go take a pool certification class. You'll never get in a public pool again.

LMAO

QFT

Google Cryptosporidiosis

Chief Roundup 06-24-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9772836)
The first thing that popped in my head when i saw this title was: "White trash"

What is it if a black person has one?

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9773206)
What is it if a black person has one?

There are so many directions I can go with this....

Pretty sure all of them would land me a vacation.

Chief Roundup 06-24-2013 05:46 PM

Public pools are disgusting. Private ones are a lot of work. I will just go to the lake or the river.

Chief Roundup 06-24-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9773218)
There are so many directions I can go with this....

Pretty sure all of them would land me a vacation.

Didn't really expect an answer because there really isn't one. It is just a saying that people use. I was being a smartass.....imagine that.

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9773224)
Public pools are disgusting. Private ones are a lot of work. I will just go to the lake or the river.

Poorly constructed pools are a lot of work. Good pools usually are not if you just pay attention to it and check the chemicals once a week.

Bugeater 06-24-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9773237)
Poorly constructed pools are a lot of work. Good pools usually are not if you just pay attention to it and check the chemicals once a week.

God I wish we only had to check our chems once a week. State of NE requires us to do it every 4 hrs.

Chief Roundup 06-24-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9773111)
:mad: Last time I was at Tablerock (years and years ago) they had parts of the lake that were off-limits due to bacteria in the water from the ridiculous amounts of goose shit from Canadian Geese.

I really hate those birds.

Yeah that happens down here as well. But Bull Shoals and Norfork and 2 pretty big lakes. There are a lot of sandy beaches that are nice and clean. It isn't like one area of the lake will affect the rest. The Corp keeps everyone informed with all the testing. Most of the time you can see 10+ feet deep in the lakes.
Then when the lake water starts getting warm there is the Buffalo and the White Rivers to go get into and just float along.

Chief Roundup 06-24-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9773237)

Maybe if you have one of those nice decks or if you do not have kids. We had to vacuum ours all the time. While the cover was off bugs and grass...it was a daily job to keep it clean and the chems adjusted right as with kids you will have to be adding water.

Cannibal 06-24-2013 06:01 PM

For someone who enjoys actually swimming, an above ground pool is too shallow. But some of those deck set ups do look nice.

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9773244)
Maybe if you have one of those nice decks or if you do not have kids. We had to vacuum ours all the time. While the cover was off bugs and grass...it was a daily job to keep it clean and the chems adjusted right as with kids you will have to be adding water.

Are you talking about an above ground pool?

Cos I'm not. Above ground pools are way more work than in-ground pools.

Bugeater 06-24-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9773250)
Are you talking about an above ground pool?

Cos I'm not. Above ground pools are way more work than in-ground pools.

How is that? You end up with the same stuff in the water either way.

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9773240)
God I wish we only had to check our chems once a week. State of NE requires us to do it every 4 hrs.

For public pools, I imagine so.

There is no sane reason to check a 15,000+ gallon body of water every 4 hours unless it is being heavily used.

WhiteWhale 06-24-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9773255)
How is that? You end up with the same stuff in the water either way.

Automatic cleaners that clean the bottom for one.

Larger pumps, filters, and pipes that give better circulation along with larger skimmers that would eliminate surface stuff.

Larger bodies of water don't vary as quickly in terms of chemical composition. Chemicals in spas are the hardest to take care of. Large pools are actually much easier (but more expensive because you do use more chemicals).

They're far more expensive, but a modern pool can be operated from your cell phone with the right stuff on it.