ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If not #1, where? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268954)

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9323671)
I hate you because that is entirely possible. Arizona has the #7 pick. I could very easily see Reid trading the #1 pick for Arizona's first this year and next + Kolb.

(According to the draft value charts, the trade up value from AZ's #7 position to our #1 is their first this year and next + their second round pick. Basically, we would trade the second round pick we would otherwise pick up for Kolb. That is just way too much like how our last regime started.)

If Reid truly liked Kolb, why did he allow him to leave Philly?

If Reid really has a mancrush on Vick, as you say, then why did he bench Vick?

Vick was a turnover machine. Just like Cassel.

None of your speculation makes any sense.

I'll happily admit I was wrong if any of this happens.

I'm fairly confident none of it will.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9323680)
that is not a bad trade.......Kolb may not be the QB everyone wants, but I think it is fair to say he is far ahead of Cassel

:facepalm:

keg in kc 01-16-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9323680)
that is not a bad trade.......Kolb may not be the QB everyone wants, but I think it is fair to say he is far ahead of Cassel

We need to raise that bar quite a bit. And we need to get as far away as we can from the the mentality of the 90s Chiefs on QBs.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9323679)
Kiper just said that there will be ZERO QB's taken in the First round this year. ROFL.

Wow LMAO

crazycoffey 01-16-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Kiper just said that there will be ZERO QB's taken in the First round this year. ROFL.

kiper knows jack

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 09:00 AM

hey gang, let's start our new regime with Matt Kolb!

excited yet!?!

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

jesus, such a moron

it's like all the scouts were replaced with Chiefs fans

Rasputin 01-16-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323515)
might be a package deal that includes players, etc.

if you really think Geno at #1 then so be it but i'd then call you a dope, otherwise the best option is to trade out of #1 and aim for more picks

e.g. how about trading with the 49ers for Alex Smith and a bunch of their picks? you then ride Alex for a year or two while you find and groom "the guy", probably even get a QB with the Niners pick

not saying that's the one but something creative like that, a "Reid like move", check his draft record and you will see many trades like this although to be fair they didn't involve the top pick

I came accross this and negrep your ass. Anyone to suggest Alex Smith gets neg hit over the head.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:08 AM

i see some other opinions popping up here, hehe

the move for Kolb makes sense on so many angles IF you are thinking like Andy (remember that Andy is the one who drafted Kolb from the beginning and he really likes him), doubt that trade would work out cause i don't really see Kolb being the answer but as a stop gap, who knows...

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9323707)
I came accross this and negrep your ass. Anyone to suggest Alex Smith gets neg hit over the head.

i think that is very fair, i deserved that for not being more diligent in my example

i actually don't mean that we should get Smith, just pointing out a scenario, probably short have used Kolb as the example, don't like him either but...

feel free to negrep some more

Imon Yourside 01-16-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323709)
i see some other opinions popping up here, hehe

the move for Kolb makes sense on so many angles IF you are thinking like Andy (remember that Andy is the one who drafted Kolb from the beginning and he really likes him), doubt that trade would work out cause i don't really see Kolb being the answer but as a stop gap, who knows...

LMAO Your trolling efforts are not even remotely effective, run along to school you're late.

Rasputin 01-16-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323713)
i think that is very fair, i deserved that for not being more diligent in my example

i actually don't mean that we should get Smith, just pointing out a scenario, probably short have used Kolb as the example, don't like him either but...

feel free to negrep some more

Anything to suggest a retread QB is just stupid. Stupid man. I was trying to be nice I just can't take it especially an Alex Smith for this team.

We need to draft our own QB to groom and take us over the top with. Who knows if Geno Smith will work out but I'd like us to try with him as it's something we havn't done in over 30 years. I like what I have seen and the kid is coachable & is ready to learn how to be great. Change our past we change our future with picking a QB like Geno Smith with our number one pick. It is that simple.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9323721)
LMAO Your trolling efforts are not even remotely effective, run along to school you're late.

if i wanted to troll i wouldn't be posting honest opinions on here

maybe you don't like it but Kolb is a very real possibility as the starter next year, Andy loves him, loves to trade down and stock picks, etc.

again, do some homework and look at Reid's draft record, he does something like that nearly every single year

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

There have obviously been some bad QB drafts before.....but when was the last time that happened, if ever?

Molitoth 01-16-2013 09:21 AM

I just don't see how these draft guru's do not think Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson are easy top ten picks in a QB driven league.... especially when there are no other position mega-stars in the draft this year.

and Mike Glennon? FFS