ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We will BEAT the Ravens (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264600)

tredadda 10-03-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8972695)
Sure I'll sign up on this too. It's just crazy enough to come true. I also called the GB game last year. Of course...we had Orton...so yeah...

Considering the fact that Orton is only marginally better than Cassel, that would have been a bold prediction at the time.

InChiefsHeaven 10-03-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8972684)
The Chiefs are a terrible home team. Terrible.

If you've watched this garbage product this year, you know that there's no chance at beating a team with a legit defense.

None.

If you have tickets to the game, do something else. Better to cut your loses now before you spend 27 on parking and another 30 on concessions.

I make an annual pilgrimage to Arrowhead regardless. It's for the tailgating and the experience. This weekend is my trip for the season. I'm looking forward to getting great seats by halftime. I'll be grilling steak and eggs and drinking rum and orange juice before hand. It's gonna be fun. The Chiefs will lose, but I'll have a great time.

Art Vader 10-03-2012 08:09 AM

no way in hell lol

only way we win is if that banner plane crashes on them

Micjones 10-03-2012 08:10 AM

We win 2-3 games every year we have no business winning.
That said, we always struggle against hard-nosed teams.
Tough to see them beating Baltimore, but who knows?

Nzoner 10-03-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8972714)
I make an annual pilgrimage to Arrowhead regardless. It's for the tailgating and the experience. This weekend is my trip for the season. I'm looking forward to getting great seats by halftime. I'll be grilling steak and eggs and drinking rum and orange juice before hand. It's gonna be fun. The Chiefs will lose, but I'll have a great time.

As always if you need a place to stay Saturday to make that trip much shorter on Sunday,let me know.

Bearcat 10-03-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8972490)
We see this story every year don't we?

No. We saw it once, and Cassel wasn't on the field. Sure, there are surprises every week around the league, but the Chiefs have beaten 3 playoff teams in the past 3 seasons and Cassel was QB in only one of those games (the 7-9 Seahawks).

Meh... I hope it's competitive, and weird stuff happens each week, but the inconsistency that would come with winning this week is almost more frustrating than simply sucking every week.

boogblaster 10-03-2012 08:37 AM

blackbirds shit their pants we win on fluke double-fumble into the endzone .....

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-03-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

We see this story every year don't we? Fans screaming for the heads of the triple-headed monster - GM, Head Coach, QB. The season hanging by a thread. One more loss and they're mathematically eliminated.

And in comes the #1 seed. Smiles already on their faces, knowing they get to pummel the lowly Chefs.

But then! Out of nowhere! Comes a force within Arrowhead that is so strong, even Matt Cassel becomes average. And the rest of the team - above average.

The ball will bounce funny. We'll have our day of breaks falling our way. And just as I predicted last year vs. the Packers, we will rise above the noise and...

BEAT THE RAVENS!!!!

(thereby screwing our chances of the next hot QB next draft. But that's not the point here).

Who's with me?

Pass the dutchie... on the left hand side.

pimpchief 10-03-2012 08:50 AM

I don't the the ravens have a chance. We match up to well against them.

Easy 6 10-03-2012 08:56 AM

I had a very strong feeling we'd pull the upset at nawlins, this time not so much... this team is in a confidence nosedive & there is absolutely nothing to suggest they can pull out of it against such a well rounded team.

30-13 ravens.

BoneKrusher 10-03-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8972802)
I don't the the ravens have a chance. We match up to well against them.

oh yeah i forgot, we kicked their asses in the wildcard game a couple years ago.

Spott 10-03-2012 08:59 AM

I give the Chiefs a slightly better chance of winning than Ed Reed's brother would have of winning an Olympic medal in swimming.

dmahurin 10-03-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

We see this story every year don't we? Fans screaming for the heads of the triple-headed monster - GM, Head Coach, QB. The season hanging by a thread. One more loss and they're mathematically eliminated.

And in comes the #1 seed. Smiles already on their faces, knowing they get to pummel the lowly Chefs.

But then! Out of nowhere! Comes a force within Arrowhead that is so strong, even Matt Cassel becomes average. And the rest of the team - above average.

The ball will bounce funny. We'll have our day of breaks falling our way. And just as I predicted last year vs. the Packers, we will rise above the noise and...

BEAT THE RAVENS!!!!

(thereby screwing our chances of the next hot QB next draft. But that's not the point here).

Who's with me?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vI6LGR352y...w-to-troll.jpg

BIG_DADDY 10-03-2012 09:05 AM

The Chiefs have not chance

Micjones 10-03-2012 09:09 AM

If the Chiefs could just stop turning the ball over they'd be in much better shape.