ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   It was like I was back in 1995 again or something... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147391)

Chiefs Pantalones 09-10-2006 04:56 PM

It was like I was back in 1995 again or something...

Really. I thought I was watching Marty and his playing not-to-lose ball we all loved so much back in the day. Like ESPN classic without the classic.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think the offense was like a caged animal out there? I thought we could do much more, and be way more aggressive like last year, even without Roaf and Welbourn, but Herm or Solari, or both, had the offense in handcuffs. Way too conservative on offense, I thought.

The defense had a lot of upside, I thought. You don't get to say that often around here too much. The mistakes that were made were correctable.

Now if we just get Carl to inplace a clause to where he can't touch the offense, kind of like Dungy's in Indy, then we'll be fine. That, and get Green back healthy.

Bowser 09-10-2006 04:58 PM

What it looked like to me was that we had a great gameplan for the first quarter, but the Bungholes adjusted and we didn't.

Growing pains of a new offensive coordinator.

the Talking Can 09-10-2006 05:00 PM

we threw a swing pass to Tony for no gain...and ran it up the butt on 3rd and five...in the red zone

there were moments that made me ill...it didn't seem like we attacked down field at all... or hit Tony in the deep seam like Trent used to...did we even try parker deep?

but, basically, our OL sucked badly...

JimNasium 09-10-2006 05:00 PM

Did your grandparents get pissed?

Chiefs Pantalones 09-10-2006 05:01 PM

Herm's gameday management sucks, IMO.

Baby Lee 09-10-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder
Was it just me, or did anyone else think the offense was like a caged animal out there?

I can't remember, which caged animal is it that let's you run right by them and eat their children?

Chiefs Pantalones 09-10-2006 05:02 PM

That was the worst the Chiefs have played in a long time, IMO.

I knew the day was ruined when the Chiefs came out wearing all white at home. I was like, "Marty's back!"

Baby Lee 09-10-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder
That was the worst the Chiefs have played in a long time, IMO.

Not by a LOOOONG shot.

Deberg_1990 09-10-2006 05:04 PM

I really didnt think we were conservative. We probably passed more than we ran to be honest and LJ disappeared during the 2nd quarter. Solari had his hands tied somewhat by the miscues/turnover, bad weather and Greens injury.

Hammock Parties 09-10-2006 05:04 PM

Yeah. The Buffalo game was worse last year.

Jets_Fan7 09-10-2006 05:06 PM

Be prepared for it to be 1995 for as long as Herm is your HC

Bowser 09-10-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jets_Fan7

Why? Did Paul Hackett become our offensive coordinator, and nobody told us?

Deberg_1990 09-10-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Why? Did Paul Hackett become our offensive coordinator, and nobody told us?

Yea, i dont remember seeing any 2 yard swing passes to to the RB and recievers running 5 yard patterns on 3rd and 7??

58-4ever 09-10-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jets_Fan7

Ok, troll. Like I've said in numerous threads: Everything that could have gone against us did. Parker's second pass interference call was bogus. There should have been a personal foul on Green's slide.(if not for a late hit, then a shot to the QB's head...probably a fine upcoming) Those were two drive killers. Not to mention Huard's fumbles and Dante's fumble. Things that dont' happen to the Chiefs happened. It's a long season.

I'll reserve judgement for a few weeks.

Jets_Fan7 09-10-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Yea, i dont remember seeing any 2 yard swing passes to to the RB and recievers running 5 yard patterns on 3rd and 7??

Oh yeah nice one but if you didn't notice Pennington is leading NFL QB's in yards with 319. Sorry but no I just shut you up.