ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I don't normally root for Nebraska (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=7481)

ChiefsAlltheWay 09-08-2000 05:20 PM

but I hope they send the Notre Dame fans home crying in their beers. I hate Notre Dame. Go Huskers!!

chiefsnathan 09-08-2000 06:36 PM

Normally, it is unacceptable to root for Nebraska, but in this case, since it is a non-conference game against the fish-eaters, we can scream, "Go Huskers!".

BTW, Texas will kick the crap out of Mizzou in October.

That's really gonna sting, isn't it?

TheBigChief 09-08-2000 06:53 PM

Hey I got ND +13.5... love Nebraska (Raiola is an explayer of mine) but ND and the points is my call...

Dog day...

I hope Mack Brown and Texas chokes their season away...
He backed out of the opening scheduled game against Hawaii last week... a game that I had primo seats for!! ... Texas scheduled the game when we sucked.. now that we got a good coach and are coming off a Bowl win... it's just too risky for them to play ... so Portland friggen State fills their spot....la de da... and I thought Texans had no fear!!

------------------

[i] Momma said knock you out!!</I>

DIEHARDCHIEF 09-08-2000 09:05 PM

Got to stand up for ND.

I'm a HUGE Fighting Irish football fan after my beloved Mizzou Tigers.

I don't expect to win the game tomorrow in South Bend but stranger things have happened in college football.

John M.

chiefsnathan 09-08-2000 09:37 PM

hawaiianboy,

Lay off the crack!

You guys should be (and are) greatful to Mack because now you can talk your smack about Texas being scared, when in reality, you know that Texas would serve you a four-course a** -whoopin.

[This message has been edited by Dog Day (edited 09-08-2000).]

Shootr 09-09-2000 12:19 AM

Well I normally root for Nebraska, Since I was born here http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif But I also have loads of Tiger family. We've alway's respected Mizzou. Dog Day who said it was unacceptable to root for Nebraska? Notre Dame is road kill this weekend. Nebraska has a offensive machine that can't be stopped. And the D will only get better. Huskers roll 55-21

[This message has been edited by alanm (edited 09-09-2000).]

TheBigChief 09-09-2000 11:59 AM

Dog Day....

I am not under the misguided impression that we would beat Texas... though I believe we would be competitive... I just feel its BS to cancel a game like that.... now I get to see Portland St for the same price as Texas...wheee.... and there were a bunch of unhappy Texans who bought nonrefundable airline packages to follow their team...... I have lost all respect for Mack Brown (who obviously did not want to face a June Jones complicated offense in game 1) and I hope that "powerhouse" Louisiana Laffeyette gives em a game.

------------------

[i] Momma said knock you out!!</I>

gh4chiefs 09-09-2000 03:46 PM

Well, this one's going to OT. Who'd have thunk it.

IMO, Notre Dame is college's answer to the Cowboys, and Nebraska is college's answer to the Broncos. Therefore I hate them both, but I REALLY HATE Nebraska. Hope ND pulls it out. They've probably already cost the Huskers their No. 1 ranking. Cool.

gh4chiefs 09-09-2000 03:59 PM

shit! Huskers win. Oh well....

DIEHARDCHIEF 09-09-2000 04:08 PM

ND deserves props. They couldn't have played Nebraska any harder.

Go Irish. Bring on Purdue next week.

JM

redbrian 09-09-2000 04:59 PM

When it comes to the conference games...of course I always want KS and KU to win{like KU ever stands a chance!}But otherwise I enjoy watching Nebraska play...I always root for a Big Twelve team when their playing outside of their conference....more wins for the Big Twelve makes a stronger conference for them to compete in and stay at the top...we are lucky to have such a great conference.

Snapper 09-09-2000 05:16 PM

ND played too conservative down the stretch in regulation and it cost them in OT. At ANY level of football, when you have the ball LAST with over 1 minute to play and you're up near the 35 yard line you go for BROKE. You certainly don't play it safe. If you do, you often LOSE. ND palyed a great game except fo rthe last 1:29 of regulation.

DIEHARDCHIEF 09-09-2000 07:06 PM

Tex,

I won't argue with you on that point. I've would've thrown a few passes down the field too.

Davie and his poor clock management cost the Irish a few games last year. But having said all that, you can't fault the kids for the effort they gave against the No. 1 ranked team in the nation. No way were the Irish "losers" on this day.

JM

ChiefsAlltheWay 09-09-2000 08:47 PM

It wasn't the rout I was expecting but at least ND lost. I only wish MU would have played half as hard as ND's defense did today. MU football is regressing back to the Woody Woodenhofer days.

DIEHARDCHIEF 09-09-2000 10:29 PM

A "rout" was the Mizzou game. The Tigers got taken to the woodshed and THEN some.

Check out the latest Jason Whitlock column at the KC Star online.
www.kcstar.com/sports

JM