ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's say the Chiefs land 2 2nds. How would you grade these moves back into the 1st? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271686)

Pasta Little Brioni 04-02-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9548731)
Really?

Should we have more threads where CP members are calling each other out? More threads about the Cardinals?

Any thread that is a good topic regarding the Chiefs on a Chiefs board sounds good to me. Call me crazy.

Back to the topic...

I know given his size and Dex he's not necessarily a need for us but if we trade back into the first to get WRs (some others on this list), I'd rather it just be Tavon Austin. I don't care that he's short. He's a special talent.

He's a Beaker. He just can't stand reading about football.

chiefscafan 04-02-2013 09:48 AM

Hmm I'll chime in finally on this whole debate

I don't know which Alex smith will be showing up to KC from SF

I do know he will have a gigantic chip on his shoulder!

Reminds me a lot of Gannon with us. Not an elite qb does what he needed to do wins games replaced by the elite qb (lol no) Grbac. Goes to raiders with a supposed genious with qbs. Over achieves or was it there all along leads that team to conference championship and eventually super bowl game.

How do we know which Alex smith is coming here shouldn't we at least give him a chance before we pass judgement? For that matter how do we know chase can't be elite maybe he hasn't gotten an opportunity yet.? Payton and Reid are friends maybe Payton said pick up chase he's ready for an opportunity he won't ever get that here with breese.

We just don't know guys now should we still draft a qb I say yes sorry stanzi unless u blew the chiefs away at your interview or evaluation you unfortunately are expendable.

Who is that qb I'm not sure I'm currious bout Tyler Wilson would have been a top first round pick last year. Maybe with some work he can be that eventual franchise qb who knows. I also like the kid from duke late. he will go late cause he went to duke but a lot of similarities to Peyton manning there.

Or Reid and Dorsey could be playing possum all along and draft geno. I don't think this will happen but these guys did draft successors when they still had starting caliber qbs on the roster.

Who knows guys we need to patient before we pass judgement patience is a virtue.

Dave Lane 04-02-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9548783)
Alex Smith is a huge upgrade over Cassel, thats the bottom line.

F

NY CHIEF 04-02-2013 10:04 AM

:hmmm: what if gaz starts to fall

Setsuna 04-02-2013 10:07 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL So damn delusional. Good lord.

Direckshun 04-02-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548914)
I define a franchise QB as someone who is going to be THE keystone to your franchise's success for the foreseeable future... A guy that's capable of putting the team on his back and willing his way to victories.

That's not Alex Smith. He's a "franchise QB" in the sense that he's mediocre but good enough for your team to remain "respectable" at 8-8 but you have yet to hit on a Colin Kaepernick.

It's probably not Geno Smith, either, honestly.

jd1020 04-02-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9549102)
It's probably not Geno Smith, either, honestly.

Maybe, maybe not.

That's not the point.

Playing it safe, like the Chiefs have, gets you 19 years of playoff win free football.

Direckshun 04-02-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9549105)
Maybe, maybe not.

Ah, so a franchise QB only needs potential in order to quality to be a franchise QB in your eyes.

This is what I'm having trouble figuring out.

You go from "he needs to be the franchise's guy" to "he needs to be the franchise's guy for the foreseeable future and also will his team to victories" to "he needs to be the franchise's guy for the foreseeable future and also have the potential will his team to victories."

We could go on and on here, but you're carving a description of franchise QBs so thin in order to somehow discern one Smith from the other, you're starting to pretzel.

Mr. Laz 04-02-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548735)
There's no other way to interpret it.

Franchise QB for S? F.
Franchise QB for WR? F.
Franchise QB for OLB? F.
Franchise QB for DE? F.
Franchise QB for TE? F.

etc...

translation: There is nothing that can happen except Geno that will stop the bitching.

jd1020 04-02-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9549301)
Ah, so a franchise QB only needs potential in order to quality to be a franchise QB in your eyes.

This is what I'm having trouble figuring out.

You go from "he needs to be the franchise's guy" to "he needs to be the franchise's guy for the foreseeable future and also will his team to victories" to "he needs to be the franchise's guy for the foreseeable future and also have the potential will his team to victories."

We could go on and on here, but you're carving a description of franchise QBs so thin in order to somehow discern one Smith from the other, you're starting to pretzel.

You are thinking way too much about this.

We KNOW Alex Smith is NOT what everyone on the ****ing planet would consider a "franchise QB."

We do NOT know that about Geno Smith. He is an unknown. If he flops then move on and look for the next possible franchise QB. Don't ****ing trade for a known POS.

RealSNR 04-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9548772)
Not trying to be smart here because I'm just curious. Honest question. How long you going to be bitter over this?

I was mad too at first so don't take this as me celebrating the move. Certainly that wasn't the case. But I've gotten over it by now. What else can I do? Don't feel like quitting on the team.

Two years ago I think we'd all say Joe Flacco was around the 12th or so best QB in the league. Some might say lower. Look at him now. That's clearly not the case. What's the point? The point is that QBs roles and positions are constantly in flux and being evaluated. The top 5 QBs in the game today won't be the same list 3 years from now.

I'm not predicting Alex Smith will ever be in that league. But certainly he's middle of the pack. 15th or so. mediocre. Agreed. Lets see if he progresses from his last two years or if he slides.

While I want the Chiefs to win a SB, right now I just want to see if they can get in the playoffs and win a game first. I don't have much if any memories of the Chiefs the last time that happened.

Okay. So if Alex Smith unprecedentedly becomes this awesome franchise QB and the Chiefs win a Super Bowl, all the "I don't care, it's not my money, Clark's is the only opinion that matters, just sick back and enjoy the ride" people will I'm sure expect nothing less than the Nuremberg Trials for those who were adamant about drafting a QB this year.

That's not fair or admirable behavior either, but it's going to ****ing happen if that hypothetical scenario comes true.

That's how this forum works. Get used to it.

RealSNR 04-02-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9549354)
translation: There is nothing that can happen except Geno that will stop the bitching.

No.

jd1020 04-02-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9549354)

The bitching will stop no matter what happens with the Chiefs #1 pick.

There are 3 scenarios:

1) They draft Geno.
2) They draft someone else like Joekel.
3) They trade down and pick up someone like Fisher.

If scenario 1 happens the bitching will stop because I'll feel like this franchise actually cares about winning a SB by ATTEMPTING to fill the QB position with legitimate potential.

If scenario's 2 and 3 happen I'll be less inclined to give a **** about what happens with the Chiefs and be more invested in baseball.

ct 04-02-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548658)
1.1 to 1.4 only nets you 2.4?

And you end up losing Albert, no QBotF, and a replacement for Albert that won't upgrade the position after getting your first #1 pick in the draft.

Hmmmmmm.... F

I have to agree w/ Direckshun, at this point, we will only move down if we are willing to recoup the 2nd, and likely no more. Maybe...maybe we can get a mid round next year too. Market just sucks this year.

suds79 04-02-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9549599)
If scenario's 2 and 3 happen I'll be less inclined to give a **** about what happens with the Chiefs and be more invested in baseball.

You might as well get that process started now then.