ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Have you ever been shot? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267162)

Rain Man 11-28-2012 12:36 PM

Have you ever been shot?

The thread about the Minnesota guy makes me curious.

In the movies, we see guys take multiple shots and they're still limping around returning fire, and in the next scene they're fine again.

In real life, I know one guy who shot himself in the foot while climbing a fence, and he said that it really, really hurt and he expressed skepticism about the movie people limping around returning fire. However, he wasn't in a fight for his life, so it's possible that his adrenaline wasn't running on overdrive.

So has anyone here been shot? And how did you feel in the first five minutes? First five hours? Next day? I recognize that the outcome may be different if you're shot in different parts of the body, so please note the location of the gunshot if you have a story to tell. Caliber too, if known.

I made the poll multiple choice for those of you who have been shot multiple times.

For the record, I got shot by an arrow once, but it just grazed me. Other than a scrape, I had no problem and could have easily mounted a counterattack had I chosen to do so.

NewChief 11-28-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod's Fridge
I have!

Bugeater 11-28-2012 12:45 PM

Yep, my brother shot me in the back with an air rifle in 1981. Spent the first three days of summer vacation in the hospital, and I still have the BB embedded in my lung.

As far as how it felt, it was like an extremely bad stomach cramp.

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 12:45 PM

Where's the option for Yes, but if I tell anyone I'll be screwing up my witness protection deal?

seclark 11-28-2012 12:46 PM

knew a guy in school that shot himself in the back of his leg trying to quick-draw w/a .22 pistol.

few months after that, he ruptured a nut trying to hurdle over a chair. he said the nut hurt worse than the bullet.

sec

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9159363)
knew a guy in school that shot himself in the back of his leg trying to quick-draw w/a .22 pistol.

Was his name Cheddar Bob?

Bowser 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

few months after that, he ruptured a nut trying to hurdle over a chair. he said the nut hurt worse than the bullet.

sec

No way did that guy not win a Darwin award at some point.

The Franchise 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

I almost got shot in the head. It was ****ing close. I'm going to assume that it would have hurt.

Rain Man 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9159361)
Yep, my brother shot me in the back with an air rifle in 1981. Spent the first three days of summer vacation in the hospital, and I still have the BB embedded in my lung.

As far as how it felt, it was like an extremely bad stomach cramp.

Whoa. You're still carrying the bullet? Cool.

KurtCobain 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9159367)
I almost got shot in the head. It was ****ing close. I'm going to assume that it would have hurt.

Story?

seclark 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9159364)
Was his name Cheddar Bob?

nope...jim. we all call him "one-nut" now.
sec

Johnny Vegas 11-28-2012 12:48 PM

if the option of shooting yourself in the head stays at 0 then I'd say that is the winner

Cheater5 11-28-2012 12:49 PM

Yes, right above the hip bone/lower right abdomen; clean through and through. Red-hot-zinger that didn't hurt right away and I kept shooting for a couple seconds before looking down to see why it hurt. I felt a thwack first, then a few seconds later the burning. It wasn't a bad wound to be honest, and I was lucky.

Rain Man 11-28-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

sec

Now that I think about it, two of my high school classmate shot themselves. One guy shot himself in the arm accidentally, but I never asked him about it because he was the type who might randomly shoot you. The other guy shot himself in the head, and I didn't ask him because...well...you know.

Rain Man 11-28-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9159379)
Yes, right above the hip bone/lower right abdomen; clean through and through. Red-hot-zinger that didn't hurt right away and I kept shooting for a couple seconds before looking down to see why it hurt. I felt a thwack first, then a few seconds later the burning. It wasn't a bad wound to be honest, and I was lucky.

So could you have mounted a counterattack? And were you out of commission for a while, or was just a 'bandage and move on' deal? I presume it didn't hit any internal organs?