ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Best All Time AFC West RB's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275968)

vailpass 09-07-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 9947819)
Makes you wonder what kind of damage he could have done if he had stayed around longer

It took me a while to quit thinking about that. Elway had retired so the O was different but who knows? I'm glad for what I got.

DenverChief 09-07-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9947820)
That is the thing... In the Denver rushing system, great rushers became unworldly demi-gods. None of them were as good as their numbers made them look. They would be traded off and never see a fraction of their old performance. I know TD got hurt, but still. I think the Denver RBs benefited huge from that offensive line and having the threat of Elway's passing and scrambling.

Couldn't the same thing be said about Roger Craig and Montana/Rice/Taylor?

Rain Man 09-07-2013 04:43 PM

How many are we supposed to vote for? Is it one per team? Top three? I can't vote until I understand the instructions.

Buck 09-07-2013 04:44 PM

I'm pretty sure Marcus Allen and LT are the only two first ballot HOF'ers on here.

Kaepernick 09-07-2013 04:45 PM

It has to be Tomlinson going away. Others did as much for short periods. Okoye was bruising and I always loved watching Priest Holmes and Terrell Davis. But nobody sustained it like LaDanian Tomlinson. Allen is the only one who could have topped him if he hadn't been benched for 2 years.

Other than that, I PUKE on the jackass that first called LaDanian Tomlinson LT.

LT is was and always will be Lawrence Taylor, first and foremost. There is no other LT but Lawrence Taylor.

DenverChief 09-07-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9947830)
How many are we supposed to vote for? Is it one per team? Top three? I can't vote until I understand the instructions.

One per team - I am obviously not the poll god you are :)

Phobia 09-07-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9947808)
Its hard to decide where Bo Jackson should go..

Guess you've never played Techmo Bowl then. Get a clue. Your choice...

vailpass 09-07-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9947832)
It has to be Tomlinson going away. Others did as much for short periods. Okoye was bruising and I always loved watching Priest Holmes and Terrell Davis. But nobody sustained it like LaDanian Tomlinson. Allen is the only one who could have topped him if he hadn't been benched for 2 years.

LT is was and always will be Lawrence Taylor, first and foremost. There is no other LT but Lawrence Taylor.

Yes but when used in context it's a lot easier to abbreviate.

DenverChief 09-07-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9947831)
I'm pretty sure Marcus Allen and LT are the only two first ballot HOF'ers on here.

It is not just about HOF status or potential

Buck 09-07-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9947832)

YEAH PEOPLE CANT HAVE THE SAME NICKNAMES OR JUST USE THEIR INITIALS AS NICKNAMES. DOWN WITH LdT!

Rain Man 09-07-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 9947835)
One per team - I am obviously not the poll god you are :)

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks.

DenverChief 09-07-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9947820)
That is the thing... In the Denver rushing system, great rushers became unworldly demi-gods. None of them were as good as their numbers made them look. They would be traded off and never see a fraction of their old performance. I know TD got hurt, but still. I think the Denver RBs benefited huge from that offensive line and having the threat of Elway's passing and scrambling.

Or Young/Watters/Rathman/Rice/Taylor?

Rain Man 09-07-2013 04:54 PM

Denver - Terrell Davis easy, despite the short career.

KC - I started to pick Priest, but all homer aside, it's hard to ignore 5.9 career yards per career. That's beyond amazing. I went with Charles.

Oakland - Marcus Allen. There is no second place.

SD - Everyone will vote for Tomlinson, and I can understand that, but the best running back suiting up for San Diego is James Brooks. That guy was amazing and never got the credit he deserved. He had a 4.7 ypc career average, though the majority of his career with with Cincinnati. He was a dangerous running back.

Buck 09-07-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 9947840)
It is not just about HOF status or potential

HOF status pretty much directly correlates with how great you played on the field.

DenverChief 09-07-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9947858)
Denver - Terrell Davis easy, despite the short career.

KC - I started to pick Priest, but all homer aside, it's hard to ignore 5.9 career yards per career. That's beyond amazing. I went with Charles.

Oakland - Marcus Allen. There is no second place.

SD - Everyone will vote for Tomlinson, and I can understand that, but the best running back suiting up for San Diego is James Brooks. That guy was amazing and never got the credit he deserved. He had a 4.7 ypc career average, though the majority of his career with with Cincinnati. He was a dangerous running back.

Interesting - Never heard of him before