ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Best All Time AFC West RB's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275968)

Buck 09-07-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9947858)
Denver - Terrell Davis easy, despite the short career.

KC - I started to pick Priest, but all homer aside, it's hard to ignore 5.9 career yards per career. That's beyond amazing. I went with Charles.

Oakland - Marcus Allen. There is no second place.

SD - Everyone will vote for Tomlinson, and I can understand that, but the best running back suiting up for San Diego is James Brooks. That guy was amazing and never got the credit he deserved. He had a 4.7 ypc career average, though the majority of his career with with Cincinnati. He was a dangerous running back.

Sorry, but Brooks had 7 starts for San Diego in 3 years total, with about 1400 yards and 12 touchdowns. And he only played for SD during one of their glory years (1979-1981) (he was here 1981-1983).

He was really good with Cincinnati, but if you're saying he's better than Tomlinson you're high.

KCrockaholic 09-07-2013 04:57 PM

Priest was the man. But Jamaal Charles is a better player. And 3 years from now there will be no question.

DenverChief 09-07-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9947860)
HOF status pretty much directly correlates with how great you played on the field.

True but there were/are players that had short careers (Terrel Davis) were great individual performers ( Larry Johnson) or played on completely lousy teams (Steve Deberg) that will never sniff the HOF

Prison Bitch 09-07-2013 05:00 PM

Lt, then Terrell Davis priest and Allen in no order

Buck 09-07-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 9947876)
True but there were/are players that had short careers (Terrel Davis) were great individual performers ( Larry Johnson) or played on completely lousy teams (Steve Deberg) that will never sniff the HOF

Ok, I didn't see what this was based on in the OP, I am biased, but I am also right, nobody else except Allen touches LT on this list.

Priest, Bo, TD, shit probably everyone on this list had a season or two where they were killer, but LT was solid from 2001 - 2008 (8 years), and he was the best RB in the league from 2003 - 2007 (5 years).

Rain Man 09-07-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9947871)
Sorry, but Brooks had 7 starts for San Diego in 3 years total, with about 1400 yards and 12 touchdowns. And he only played for SD during one of their glory years (1979-1981) (he was here 1981-1983).

He was really good with Cincinnati, but if you're saying he's better than Tomlinson you're high.

Admittedly, he hit his stride in Cincy, but he was really good in San Diego as an RB and a KR. They ended up trading him to Cincinnati for Ponderous Pete Johnson, and I was amazed. Johnson was a big, slow running back who was no threat at all, and Brooks was scary with the ball in his hand. I acknowledge that Tomlinson has a much greater body of work with the Chargers, but Brooks scared me more when the ball was in his hands. For some reason Brooks never got the credit that he deserved in the NFL.

vailpass 09-07-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9947886)
Ok, I didn't see what this was based on in the OP, I am biased, but I am also right, nobody else except Allen touches LT on this list.

Priest, Bo, TD, shit probably everyone on this list had a season or two where they were killer, but LT was solid from 2001 - 2008 (8 years), and he was the best RB in the league from 2003 - 2007 (5 years).

He was also the best at catching the ball and yac.

DenverChief 09-07-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9947886)

Yeah I'm having a poll fail today - I need to rethink my question :LOL:

vailpass 09-07-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 9947897)
Yeah I'm having a poll fail today - I need to rethink my question :LOL:

There's a pill for that:D

Buck 09-07-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9947895)
Admittedly, he hit his stride in Cincy, but he was really good in San Diego as an RB and a KR. They ended up trading him to Cincinnati for Ponderous Pete Johnson, and I was amazed. Johnson was a big, slow running back who was no threat at all, and Brooks was scary with the ball in his hand. I acknowledge that Tomlinson has a much greater body of work with the Chargers, but Brooks scared me more when the ball was in his hands. For some reason Brooks never got the credit that he deserved in the NFL.

I wasn't around back then, but from the research I've done, a lot of our players were known drug addicts and the owners traded a lot of players they found out were on drugs. I'm not sure about Brooks, but that may have been the case.

Pablo 09-07-2013 05:12 PM

Buck is right. LT is the class of that group. Then I went with Priest, but if Charles has another productive year he'll overtake him in my mind. TD was an easy choice, and Marcus Allen gets the nod for the Faid.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-07-2013 05:17 PM

All Time leader in YPC

Buck 09-07-2013 05:19 PM

Luckily for you guys, you have the best current RB by far, and the only current player in the AFC West who has a chance to top LT by the end of it all.

Rain Man 09-07-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9947913)
I wasn't around back then, but from the research I've done, a lot of our players were known drug addicts and the owners traded a lot of players they found out were on drugs. I'm not sure about Brooks, but that may have been the case.

It's quite possible. I don't know if it was drugs or something else, but I know that Brooks has had life problems since retirement. I think it also came out that he was illiterate or something. Weird case. The trade seemed really dumb on San Diego's part at the time, and indeed it was a terrible trade for them.

Rausch 09-07-2013 05:22 PM

Odd that my favorites probably aren't the best (Bo, Okoye, Means...)