ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Best All Time AFC West RB's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275968)

BlackHelicopters 09-07-2013 05:23 PM

In

ThaVirus 09-07-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9947948)
Luckily for you guys, you have the best current RB by far, and the only current player in the AFC West who has a chance to top LT by the end of it all.

JC doesn't score nearly enough TDs. He'd literally have to score 20+ TDs for the next 4 seasons to even be considered one of the best ever.

Rain Man 09-07-2013 05:29 PM

Here's an article about James Brooks and illiteracy. I'm not sure how you can go your whole life in modern America and not be able to read, but I guess it can happen. http://diverseeducation.com/article/10/#

vailpass 09-07-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9947982)
Here's an article about James Brooks and illiteracy. I'm not sure how you can go your whole life in modern America and not be able to read, but I guess it can happen. http://diverseeducation.com/article/10/#

Had Brooks seen this article?

Consistent1 09-07-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 9947813)
Agreed but he was a beast while he played

How can you guys live in this bullshit Bo world and completely dismiss LJ? Dude had two monster years in a row. He had two years in a row that were crazy. Bo Jackson is some mythical character to some of you.

vailpass 09-07-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9948015)
How can you guys live in this bullshit Bo world and completely dismiss LJ? Dude had two monster years in a row. He had two years in a row that were crazy. Bo Jackson is some mythical character to some of you.

Bo was a multi sport stud and a good guy. LJ can't hold Bo's jock on or off the field.

DenverChief 09-07-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9948015)

:spock: not discounting LJ at all - LJ didn't play for the Raiders tho

Rain Man 09-07-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9947988)
Had Brooks seen this article?

It's hard to tell.

vailpass 09-07-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9948060)
It's hard to tell.

:D

Consistent1 09-07-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9948025)
Bo was a multi sport stud and a good guy. LJ can't hold Bo's jock on or off the field.

LJ lasted longer than the Godsend in the NFL. Jackson had crazy talent, and was most likelt juiced as hell on top of that. Fine. I liked Bosworth, but when Bo cracked him it was funny.

Some of these idiots would take Bo over Emmitt or Marshall Faulk.

vailpass 09-07-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9948074)
LJ lasted longer than the Godsend in the NFL. Jackson had crazy talent, and was most likelt juiced as hell on top of that. Fine. I liked Bosworth, but when Bo cracked him it was funny.

Some of these idiots would take Bo over Emmitt or Marshall Faulk.

Don't know that Bo was juiced, dude was just a freak. Like Herschel.Guy could hit a major league fast ball. Hard saying what he could have done.

Consistent1 09-07-2013 06:00 PM

Ricky Williams was a better football player than Bo when he had his head on straight. I was just pointing out that in two years LJ did more than Bo's whole career.

He should be on the list.

I take nothing away from Jackson. Wonderful athlete, but he turned out to be a "what coulda been".

listopencil 09-07-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9947858)
Denver - Terrell Davis easy, despite the short career.

KC - I started to pick Priest, but all homer aside, it's hard to ignore 5.9 career yards per career. That's beyond amazing. I went with Charles.

Oakland - Marcus Allen. There is no second place.

SD - Everyone will vote for Tomlinson, and I can understand that, but the best running back suiting up for San Diego is James Brooks. That guy was amazing and never got the credit he deserved. He had a 4.7 ypc career average, though the majority of his career with with Cincinnati. He was a dangerous running back.

DEN: Floyd Little/TD

KC: Priest Holmes/Christian Okoye

OAK: Marcus Allen/Bo Jackson

SD: LdT/Natrone Means

Rain Man 09-07-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9948090)
Ricky Williams was a better football player than Bo when he had his head on straight. I was just pointing out that in two years LJ did more than Bo's whole career.

I take nothing away from Jackson. Wonderful athlete, but he turned out to be a "what coulda been".

Yeah, Jackson is way overrated. There have been lots of running backs who had a very good year or two. Jackson is just one of that bunch.

vailpass 09-07-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9948090)

Hear you.