ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Best All Time AFC West RB's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275968)

Molitoth 09-07-2013 06:01 PM

LT and Marcus Allen got my vote. Nobody else.

BryanBusby 09-07-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9947783)
Yeah, best Bolt back. He killed it for me in fantasy for years.

Best back ever in the division and it really isn't close.

vailpass 09-07-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9948097)
LT and Marcus Allen got my vote. Nobody else.

No Priest? No TD?

Consistent1 09-07-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9948085)
Don't know that Bo was juiced, dude was just a freak. Like Herschel.Guy could hit a major league fast ball. Hard saying what he could have done.

Have you ever really been around gyms?

And I didn't mean Williams should be in the poll, just screwed up typing. Davis and Holmes are my favorites for the poll. They were both crazy to watch.

DenverChief 09-07-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9948101)
No Priest? No TD?

I think they missed the point of the poll - pick one player per team lol

vailpass 09-07-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9948102)
Have you ever really been around gyms?

And I didn't mean Williams should be in the poll, just screwed up typing. Davis and Holmes are my favorites for the poll. They were both crazy to watch.

I just go to LA Fitness, can't speak to any steroid experience. If you know something I don't I'm certainly willing to learn.

vailpass 09-07-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 9948103)
I think they missed the point of the poll - pick one player per team lol

Seems pretty clear.

GordonGekko 09-07-2013 07:45 PM

Good poll.

The obvious choice here is LT. Priest would be in the discussion if it wasn't for his injury.

Terrel Davis had a season or two where he looked absolutely unstoppable, but then again that Denver offensive line's blocking was *ahem*, legally questionable.

If I had to take one back, in their prime, for one game, I'd take Priest. The dude was magic. Career ending injuries are a damn shame (I know he came back but he was not the same).

Another thing I noticed from this poll, the Chiefs have probably the best collection of running backs in their history out of the teams in the AFC West.

If it wasn't for LT, San Diego would have a piss poor selection of RB's.

DJJasonp 09-07-2013 07:49 PM

I love marcus and all.....but sorry, bo Jackson was a freak.

Is this poll talent, or numbers?

cause if it's talent, there's no flippin' contest.....it's Bo....and by a long shot.

Kaepernick 09-07-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 9947826)
Couldn't the same thing be said about Roger Craig and Montana/Rice/Taylor?

Craig, sure?

Rice. N f'ing way. Rice was Rice. He would have been the best in football if he caught from Marino or Fouts or Favre, whoever.

Rice was head and shoulders above any other WR in work ethic, study, and preparation. He was absolutely fanatical about his physical conditioning. If Randy Moss had 3/4 of Rice's fanaticism, he would have shattered every receiving record known to man.

Rice was a once in a lifetime outlier.

You could make a better point about Montana being a system QB. If he went to the Bills, would they have 4 Lombardis instead of the 49ers? I just don't know. I'm betting Montana alone wins 2 of those 4 super bowls for Buffalo though.

So even Joe was more than JUST a system QB. He had greatness in him. He was exceptional. Of course, he would not have gotten Bill Walsh's QB development in Buffalo, so there is genuine doubt if Montana would have attained his full potential under Levy.

I'm going to say "no", that Montana is neither a hall of famer or perennial All Pro if he was not developed and pushed by Bill Walsh. So you have a point there.

Nobody pushed Rice but Rice. It was all Poodle. He just kept going and going.

vailpass 09-07-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9948450)
Craig, sure?

Rice. N f'ing way. Rice was Rice. He would have been the best in football if he caught from Marino or Fouts or Favre, whoever.

Rice was head and shoulders above any other WR in work ethic, study, and preparation. He was absolutely fanatical about his physical conditioning. If Randy Moss had 3/4 of Rice's fanaticism, he would have shattered every receiving record known to man.

Rice was a once in a lifetime outlier.

Agreed but what if Cassell was his QB?

LowExpectations 09-07-2013 07:54 PM

C'mon chiefs fans....36 votes for that turd Davis? He wouldn't have done anything without that blocking scheme they had.

vailpass 09-07-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowExpectations (Post 9948459)
C'mon chiefs fans....36 votes for that turd Davis? He wouldn't have done anything without that blocking scheme they had.

It's the best rb from each team.

Kaepernick 09-07-2013 08:00 PM

Montana went to KC and almost took you to a super bowl. I would say he was not just a system QB. System guys fall off a cliff when they leave there team. Montana didn't. He was just fragile.

GordonGekko 09-07-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9948478)
Montana went to KC and almost took you to a super bowl. I would say he was not just a system QB. System guys fall off a cliff when they leave there team. Montana didn't. He was just fragile.

His stats were definitely nothing special while he was in KC. He was also the beneficiary of a very nasty defense.

But he was definitely a great post-season quarterback, and a sure fire winner.