ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sorry, but right now our play-calling sucks. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128971)

Rick 11-14-2005 01:08 PM

Sorry, but right now our play-calling sucks.

Even before the onslaught of sacks, we never took a shot down-field. I know we can't pass protect, but many teams that can't pass protect still take their shots. My god, that's two games in a row I've searched the sidelines to find Joe Pendry and Paul Hackett. We have a buttload of people going in motion and crap so we can throw a 4 yard pass? Even with our problems we should still go deep to Kennison at least once! Put freakn Craphonso in for a play to go deep. Go deep with a tackle-eligible, I don't give a shite. All I know is I don't ever want to go back to watching Marty-ball. PLEASE GIVE UP ALL THE MOTION BULLSH.. AND EITHER GIVE IT TO LARRY OR THROW THE DAMN THING-(down field at least 1 or 2x per half)

We should take a page from the Denver Bronco playbook- and I hate their $#@%!.

KCFalcon59 11-14-2005 01:22 PM

Green took a shot down field but it was intercepted because he couldn't step into the throw due to the enormous pressure the DL was putting on him.

MIAdragon 11-14-2005 01:25 PM

So I wasn’t the only one screaming at the TV for something besides a WR screen or a 5 yard slant

Dartgod 11-14-2005 01:42 PM

Case in point...

Late in the game on 4th down, Trent throws a jump ball to Dante Hall. They might have expected something to Gonzales, Boerigter or Kennison, so lets fool them by throwing to the shortest receiver on the field. :shake:

jynni 11-14-2005 01:45 PM

Even Houston can put up 21 points...

KCFalcon59 11-14-2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Case in point...

Late in the game on 4th down, Trent throws a jump ball to Dante Hall. They might have expected something to Gonzales, Boerigter or Kennison, so lets fool them by throwing to the shortest receiver on the field. :shake:

That is the one I was referencing. He didn't get to step into that throw completely due to the pressure on him. Throwing downfield to Dante isn't smart unless he is outracing them on a fly pattern.

morphius 11-14-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Case in point...

Look how many times we have went to him on 3rd down lately. Its nuts!

That and the WR/TE screens. Do we have to call it 2-3 times a game, every week? That works when you fool teams, not as a staple of an offense.

Extra Point 11-14-2005 01:53 PM

Sorry, but right now our play-calling sucks

Don't apologize for being right.

Sniff-Sniff-Honk