ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chip Kelly is the Eagles new HC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268965)

DTLB58 01-16-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9324173)
Dude, trust me!! After a few years of "Times yours" and "I have to do a better job there" and losing big games.....You all are going to want AR gone.

Trust me, I don't have the blinders on with Andy Reid. I think he will be great to get this Franchise back on course and then in 3 years or so I'm hoping for a young gun to rise up and take us the rest of the way. I posted this the day we hired Reid.

Tell me where the Eagles were this Morning before Mr.Duck came calling? The laughing stock of the NFL, that's where. The Eagles lucked out. And if he only came in the NFL cause he panicked because of the sanctions, well then....

okoye35chiefs 01-16-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9324173)
Dude, trust me!! After a few years of "Times yours" and "I have to do a better job there" and losing big games.....You all are going to want AR gone.

go listen to a bill bellycheat presser...same thing being said.. maybe they are the smart ones...

Robert D. Ephius 01-16-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9324209)
oh go eat a bag of dicks.

Ok. Word around here is that you're the guy to get a bag of dicks from. Hook me up, Twink.

Mr. Laz 01-16-2013 11:42 AM

on a side note, what is wrong with the thread title?

it doesn't sound right

'Chip Kelly is the Eagles new HC'

one you grammar,writer type guys need to fix my title.

Robert D. Ephius 01-16-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9324232)
Trust me, I don't have the blinders on with Andy Reid. I think he will be great to get this Franchise back on course and then in 3 years or so I'm hoping for a young gun to rise up and take us the rest of the way. I posted this the day we hired Reid.

Tell me where the Eagles were this Morning before Mr.Duck came calling? The laughing stock of the NFL, that's where.

Don't be gay. I'm not here to talk smack. There's no history or rivalry b/t our teams. But since you brought it up, I think we were 3rd from the bottom as laughing stock of the NFL. You all were dead last.

GoChargers 01-16-2013 11:45 AM

Can't wait for arguably the most overrated program in college football history to get hit with the inevitable NCAA hammer.

saphojunkie 01-16-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9324244)
on a side note, what is wrong with the thread title?

it doesn't sound right

'Chip Kelly is the Eagles new HC'

one you grammar,writer type guys need to fix my title.

You're missing the apostrophe on "Eagles."

You can have it:

CHIP KELLY IS THE EAGLES' NEW HC

or

CHIP KELLY IS THE NEW EAGLES HC

or

CHIP KELLY IS THE NEW HC OF THE EAGLES

ChiefSuspect 01-16-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9324121)
They have tons of cap room. That shouldn't matter. They'll restructure him, get him to take a lower salary, and he'll play for a year in a system that he's best suited for.

Vick has as much of a chance staying with the Eagles as Cassel does with the Chiefs.

I would say Eagles fans (including myself) are by and large elated. I can't know for sure because our board has crashed.

IAmABabySeal 01-16-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9324232)

Tell me where the Eagles were this Morning before Mr.Duck came calling? The laughing stock of the NFL, that's where. The Eagles lucked out. And if he only came in the NFL cause he panicked because of the sanctions, well then....

Interviewing Gus Bradley...chances are Chip called over the past few days or we got wind of the sanctions.

IAmABabySeal 01-16-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9324262)
Vick has as much of a chance staying with the Eagles as Cassel does with the Chiefs.

I would say Eagles fans (including myself) are by and large elated. I can't know for sure because our board has crashed.

ANARCHY!!!!!!!!

Vick is gone...Kelly will draft someone and keep Foles. He loved Foles in college.

Ace Gunner 01-16-2013 11:47 AM

I expect this is NOT going to go well for Kelly.

Mr. Laz 01-16-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9324261)
You're missing the apostrophe on "Eagles."

You can have it:

CHIP KELLY IS THE EAGLES' NEW HC

or

CHIP KELLY IS THE NEW EAGLES HC

or

CHIP KELLY IS THE NEW HC OF THE EAGLES

I like the 3rd one better.

just sounds right

:thumb:

bevischief 01-16-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9324236)
Ok. Word around here is that you're the guy to get a bag of dicks from. Hook me up, Twink.

ROFL

ChiefSuspect 01-16-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9324199)
****ing Eagles fans crack me up. Four straight NFC title games, a super bowl appearance, and your big complaint is that he says the same thing in press conferences and doesn't call time outs when you want.

Just accept that his time in Philly had run its course and it was time for a break. It doesn't make him a bad coach or Philly a bad franchise.

This was just like all the people who clamored that Marty couldn't win the big one, because it was somehow his fault The Kicker who Shall Not Be Named missed gimmes or Joe Montana got his brain scrambled.

No, that's not the big complaint, it's just the most visibly infuriating one because it comes after all of his soul-crushing losses. Go find my post in the n00b thread for a litany of Reid complaints. It's a pretty long list.

The long and short of it is that he amazingly left the franchise in worse shape than he got it in.

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 11:48 AM

Does he like cheese steaks?