ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News "Obesity is a disease not a decision" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274334)

lewdog 07-07-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797513)
If you guys would just eat an all protein diet and work out two hours every day, obesity would be eradicated.

You keep making the mistake of lumping overweight in with obesity, two very different monsters. It doesn't take a ton of work to decrease your weight if you are obese so stop being obtuse.

And for the record, I workout a grand total of 5 hours a week.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-07-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9797516)
I have three weeks off from September 13th to October 6th.

Let's make it happen. Set a date in that timeframe, and I'll be sure to set aside the company tickets.

Easy. That's a deal, my friend. Never been there, and super excited. I'll check dates at work, and set up a time with you within the week! Thanks, brother! I've driven through the Lou, but never really been able to check it out.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-07-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797513)
If you guys would just eat an all protein diet and work out two hours every day, obesity would be eradicated.

That's pretty much exactly how I did it. Only I added some delicious ass rabbit food to the protein.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-07-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9797518)
I got faith in ya! Just a matter of replacing one habit for another.

For instance meth instead of alcohol will kill 2 birds with one stone. ;)

How in the **** have I never thought of this? I live in the meth capital of the world! People in California call our meth 417. ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts 07-07-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9797519)
I went for 7 years and was sober for that long.

I enjoyed it. Met some nice people and made some nice industry contacts too.

You wouldn't believe who is in AA. Hell Ringo was in town one week and kept coming to our club.

But in the end it's up to you.

I started feeling like I wanted a drink again and went out and did more "research" as they call it.

Life is definitely much better sober and cheaper too.

****ing drinking is expensive.

****in' A it is! I won't drink complete dog shit, so I spend at least $50 a week as Jim Beam is the lowest shelf I'll drink.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-07-2013 07:36 PM

P.S - Sober tonight. No booze in the house, and actually looking forward to work in the morning. So, it's a start!

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9797527)
Easy. That's a deal, my friend. Never been there, and super excited. I'll check dates at work, and set up a time with you within the week! Thanks, brother! I've driven through the Lou, but never really been able to check it out.

Check September 12-14. Mariners are in town, and I know I have tickets to at least one of the games in the series, probably the Friday night game. We split seats with another company, and I don't have the schedule in front of me. We can buy tickets to any other games we'd want to go to.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9797523)
Is that what you gays do?

:facepalm:

You, sir, a ****ing piece of shit.

Thanks for proving it with each and every post.

chiefzilla1501 07-07-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9797428)
It may not be the best way to lose weight, but it's certainly better than sitting on your ass watching TV.

My generation didn't spend all day playing video games. We were outside doing something active, sunrise to sunset. Stickball, street hockey, touch football, tennis - hell, we made up games to play.

Sadly, it's my generation that is allowing obesity to become an epidemic among children. Buying the PS3 because everyone else has one, then allowing thier kid to sit on it for hours on end.

Going through the drive thru and feeding your kids garbage because you're in a hurry or because you can't say boo to your kid.

Instead of blaming "big food", people can take personal responsibility for their predicament and do something to change their habits. It's not going to happen overnight. Small steps can lead to big change.

It's a mix between personal responsibility but also irresponsible practices by society including "Big Food." You may be oversimplifying the problem. There are people who try and despite their efforts, fail. Because they are doing the right things but working off really, really bad information.

I've always kept myself pretty healthy. I gave up fast food about 7 years ago and eat it rarely. I don't really eat junk food. I wish I was more motivated to work out, but I work out enough. But even when I was at my most active, I didn't get nearly the benefit of exercise until I started doing more total body cardio. I improved my diet a millionfold when instead of just watching what I ate, I actually followed a diet plan telling me how much dairy, protein, etc... I could eat in a day.

Now that I know this stuff, I can maintain and have for over 5 years. It took me about 30 years to figure that out, and it wasn't for lack of trying. It shouldn't have to be that hard. I hate that we took home ec and phys ed out of a lot of schools. And I hate that our food is so misleading that we don't know what we are putting into our bodies even when we're watching out for it.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9797524)
You keep making the mistake of lumping overweight in with obesity, two very different monsters. It doesn't take a ton of work to decrease your weight if you are obese so stop being obtuse.

And for the record, I workout a grand total of 5 hours a week.

:shake:

It was a joke.

Hoover 07-07-2013 07:45 PM

If alcoholism is a disease and sexual attraction to the same sex is not a choice, then obesity has to be a disease right?

lewdog 07-07-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797552)
:shake:

It was a joke.

Well based on your previous posts, you made it seem like someone who was busy with life didn't have the time commitment to put towards working out.

My mistake.
Carry on then.

lewdog 07-07-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9797535)
P.S - Sober tonight. No booze in the house, and actually looking forward to work in the morning. So, it's a start!

I'm a big believer in not going cold turkey. Just start with small steps and in all honestly, you don't have to just quit the booze right away.

Start replacing the high from alcohol with exercise (endorphin high) and positive reinforcement from your physical changes. Reward yourself with alcohol/food from time to time. Shit, even I do that every weekend!

Any questions, please ask.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9797579)
Well based on your previous posts, you made it seem like someone who was busy with life didn't have the time commitment to put towards working out.

My mistake.
Carry on then.

Lately, I haven't had time. But I'm far, far, far from obese.

I was just making fun of the Omaha/GoChiefs narrative.

Mr. Flopnuts 07-07-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9797544)
Check September 12-14. Mariners are in town, and I know I have tickets to at least one of the games in the series, probably the Friday night game. We split seats with another company, and I don't have the schedule in front of me. We can buy tickets to any other games we'd want to go to.

That's the one! I had no clue they would be in town. I definitely want that if we can get it. Happy to pay for the tickets. I couldn't ask for a better game! Holy shit! I wouldn't mind going to a couple of games in that series as I'm going to come for the weekend. I'll put in for the time off tomorrow. Book it!