ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs clear roster spot for Geno Smith - our starting QB is gone. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271939)

BigCatDaddy 04-10-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9575037)
LMAO Jackson was chosen 3rd overall only because ***** is a dipshit.

Pretty much. Nobody else was taking him in the top 20. There was no upside to TJ at all. None, zilch, natta.

ayleswbj 04-10-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9575038)
Ah, yes. The old exception to the rule arguments. There was once this guy drafted in the 6th round, it's possible! LMAO

Meanwhile teams like the Giants, Packers, Steelers, and Ravens are getting their guy in the 1st round and winning SB's.

7 of the last 8 teams that won the SB drafted a QB in round 1 and developed him. But yeah there was Drew Brees so if you want to go all in and put your money on the ball landing on green then that's your choice(philosophy). I'll choose red or black.

All had really good Left tackles and Olines as well, Rothlisberger was not developed started as a rookie, Flacco was not developed , started all 16 as a rookie. Eli played more than half of his as a rookie. All the guys you are talking about were head and shoulders above where Geno is. LMAO

BigCatDaddy 04-10-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9575093)
All had really good Left tackles and Olines as well, Rothlisberger was not developed started as a rookie, Flacco was not developed , started all 16 as a rookie. Eli played more than half of his as a rookie. All the guys you are talking about were head and shoulders above where Geno is. LMAO

No. Actually most of those guys were considered similar prospects to Geno or they wouldn't have lasted as long as they did in the draft(Eli excluded). You can be developed while playing on the field, dumbass.

Do yourself a favor and lurk some more then come back and talk football with the adults. You're in over your head and wasting my time.

Chief Roundup 04-10-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9574838)
whats less valuable to a football team than a right tackle? guard? why would a team take a player at 1.1 where you want an impact player who can change games. I dont see right tackles changing games.
Drafting Jake Long over Matt Ryan really panned out well for miami didnt it

Matt Ryan is not all that either. Both players are meh.

Chief Roundup 04-10-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9575102)
No. Actually most of those guys were considered similar prospects to Geno or they wouldn't have lasted as long as they did in the draft(Eli excluded). You can be developed while playing on the field, dumbass.

Do yourself a favor and lurk some more then come back and talk football with the adults. You're in over your head and wasting my time.

Dude you are out of your mind about Geno. Remember there are a lot of people in the NFL that didn't give Geno a first round grade. That cannot be said at all for Roethlisberger who was thought to be a top 5 to 10 pick and Flacco had a first round grade.
Your Geno mancrush is not doing you any justice.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-10-2013 01:57 PM

Ahhh, true fan dipshittery...
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy 04-10-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9575120)
Dude you are out of your mind about Geno. Remember there are a lot of people in the NFL that didn't give Geno a first round grade. That cannot be said at all for Roethlisberger who was thought to be a top 5 to 10 pick and Flacco had a first round grade.
Your Geno mancrush is not doing you any justice.

Were you the same guy that said NFL scouts said Tannehill was way ahead of Geno and never backed that up?

BigCatDaddy 04-10-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9575122)
Ahhh, true fan dipshittery...
Posted via Mobile Device

Regardless of what happens I'm glad it's over in a few weeks and they can see what we got in their boy Smiff.

BigCatDaddy 04-10-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9575114)

The Matt Ryan of throwing for 300 yards a game and 100 QB rating? That Matt Ryan?

You think Ryan is meh? But like you some Smiff?

Chief Roundup 04-10-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9575125)
Were you the same guy that said NFL scouts said Tannehill was way ahead of Geno and never backed that up?

I don't have to backup shit. If you are paying attention. Whether you like people on the networks and such or not they are the people that know a lot more than you or I do.
I have heard that stuff from Kiper, McShay, Mayock, Lombardi, Polian and others.

Frosty 04-10-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9575133)
The Matt Ryan of throwing for 300 yards a game and 100 QB rating? That Matt Ryan?

Yeah. There is a lot of WTF? in this thread today.

Chief_For_Life58 04-10-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9575114)

lol what?

BigCatDaddy 04-10-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9575138)
I don't have to backup shit. If you are paying attention. Whether you like people on the networks and such or not they are the people that know a lot more than you or I do.
I have heard that stuff from Kiper, McShay, Mayock, Lombardi, Polian and others.

Ahh, Kiper. The guy that said Teo was the best player in the draft.

Of course you don't. Because you are talking out your ass.

Chief Roundup 04-10-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9575133)

Where did I say I like or wanted Alex Smith?
You mean the Matt Ryan that has all pro players at all the skill positions all around him and still cannot win. It would be awfully easy to put up numbers with Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony G, Turner and others. Matt Ryan cannot put that team on his back and win. He cannot do it. Ryan is a good QB but he is not elite and cannot lead that team to a SB without having all world talent. Yeah that makes me not want him on my team.
You all talk about mediocrity that is exactly where a QB like Ryan will keep a team. He is good enough to keep giving hope, but not good enough to close the deal.

BigCatDaddy 04-10-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9575139)
Yeah. There is a lot of WTF? in this thread today.

Yeah, I'm about done. I feel like I'm just beating the reeruned kid in the 100 over and over again.