ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Insider: Scott Pioli wanted Peyton Manning (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264482)

Simply Red 10-01-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8965993)
I can't help it that you're not a real fan.

Get a clue.

:LOL:

pr_capone 10-01-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8965985)
The Chiefs absolutely made it clear they wanted Manning. He just didn't want them, at all.

Money talks and bullshit... well. There is no convincing me that Manning would not have come to KC had the FO untied the purse strings and had a sit down with him to ask what it would take to slap an arrowhead on the side of his helmet.

Papi 10-01-2012 12:18 AM

Lol at no point in that entire article does it state what the OP put in the title. WTF dude?

The Bad Guy 10-01-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8965998)
Money talks and bullshit... well. There is no convincing me that Manning would not have come to KC had the FO untied the purse strings and asked him what it would take to slap an arrowhead on the side of his helmet.

If you think money is the reason he didn't pick KC, then I don't know what to tell you. Every suitor Manning had was going to pay him.

It was about him being comfortable and he never even allowed KC a spot at the head table.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8966001)
If you think money is the reason he didn't pick KC, then I don't know what to tell you. Every suitor Manning had was going to pay him.

It was about him being comfortable and he never even allowed KC a spot at the head table.

I'm sure it was more than money. Manning not giving KC the time of day speaks volumes to the state of the organization.

The Bad Guy 10-01-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8966006)
I'm sure it was more than money. Manning not giving KC the time of day speaks volumes to the state of the organization.

Absolutely. Clark should have taken a long look at Pioli at that moment. When one of the greatest players to ever play won't give your organization the time of day, something is really wrong.

Papi 10-01-2012 12:29 AM

Clark probably drank the "right 53" koolaid and was cool with it.

cdcox 10-01-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8965931)
Revisionist history

absolutely 100%

saphojunkie 10-01-2012 12:37 AM

Did Pioli know that Matt was a "really nice backup - not a starter" when he signed him to a 63 million dollar contract?

Is this level of play "what was expected" when Pioli passed on drafting Russell Wilson in favor of a backup tackle?

Did Pioli think that KC needed a better backup than Quinn when he neglected to re-sign Orton? Or sign any of the available free agents? Or draft Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, or Brock Osweiler?

This is such propaganda bullshit.

rico 10-01-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8965935)
I HATE hearing about how Cassel is a good backup.

No he's not. He ****ing SUCKS ASS at football. Mother ****ing TJ Yates is a better player than Matt Cassel. He went out and won a playoff game.

He's not a good starter. Not a good back up. Not a good 3rd stringer.

He might be an ok player in the CFL.

Omg, this. I cringe every time I see someone write that he would be a good back-up. I would fear injury so much if he were the back up....haha God and he's our starter. He was probably a relatively decent high school QB....that's it.

CoMoChief 10-01-2012 12:40 AM

There comes a point that when the players have lost complete and total confidence in their QB, then a change has to be made. If they're not confident they can win w/ Cassel, then by nature they're not going to play as well.

Everything starts and ends w/ the QB on offense. If you can't make plays in the passing game and stretch the game vertically, then defenses are going to load up in the box and then your running game will go to shit.

People wanna talk about Cassel's 2010 "Pro Bowl" season. The 27-7 stat tells only one part of the story. All it means is that Cassel did a good job not turning the ball over that season. I'll give him credit for that, but we also led the NFL in rushing that season and almost had 2 backs run for over 1,000 yards. We also played an extremely soft schedule. That's not Cassel's fault but it's a fact. The NFCW that season was a horrible division. I believe that season we played only one team that had a winning record and we lost to them. Cassel's completion% and yds per completion weren't anything to gloat about.

He's just a serviceable backup. His ceiling is average, which is what we saw in 2010. He doesn't need to be starting in the NFL. He lacks the poise, confidence, swagger, that is required to be successful at the position. He also lacks the mechanics and physical tools it takes to be successful at the position. He's not accurate on just normal everyday passes that an NFL QB should make in their sleep, he can't even throw an average deep ball and he's even less accurate when he tries.

And if more than anything else, he's a momentum killer. You can't sit here and tell me his teammates believe in the guy. This is the NFL...you lead by example...you're playing against the best football players in the world and if you continuously **** up and play like shit, your teammates aren't going to believe or have confidence in you. Some have said that he's a good leader...sorry I don't buy that. He might be a good teammate, but that's not being a good leader...there's a difference. You can't be a good leader if you lack confidence in the position.

cdcox 10-01-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8966017)
Did Pioli know that Matt was a "really nice backup - not a starter" when he signed him to a 63 million dollar contract?

Is this level of play "what was expected" when Pioli passed on drafting Russell Wilson in favor of a backup tackle?

Did Pioli think that KC needed a better backup than Quinn when he neglected to re-sign Orton? Or sign any of the available free agents? Or draft Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, or Brock Osweiler?

This is such propaganda bullshit.

It's an insult to propaganda bullshit and to the entire fan base.

Chiefspants 10-01-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

In fact, if the team had a better alternative than Brady Quinn as the top backup, Cassel might have already found his way to the bench.
This man disagrees.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/ortonlol.gif

#1 Bronco's Fan 10-01-2012 01:30 AM

I just saw Tony Romo and the Cowboys have broken off contract negotiations. What would you guys think of him? He is a really legitimate QB with Pro bowls and is still in his prime.

BigMeatballDave 10-01-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobet selur (Post 8966037)
I just saw Tony Romo and the Cowboys have broken off contract negotiations. What would you guys think of him? He is a really legitimate QB with Pro bowls and is still in his prime.

Yes, but they STILL have to draft a QB.

I'd rather draft Smith, though.