ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Stargate Atlantis ends tonight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200020)

keg in kc 01-09-2009 03:43 PM

Stargate Atlantis ends tonight

...in true scifi channel style, with virtually zero fanfare. Poor guys don't even get two hours.

BSG starts friday and ends in a few months, and at the point the tentpoles of scifi friday are gone completely, and who knows what we'll have to look forward to on fridays this summer.

Stargate Universe was reported to have its movie premeire in February and the series premeire during the summer, but I haven't heard anything official about it. Caprica doesn't show up until 2010.

Fish 01-09-2009 04:22 PM

This is sad.... Atlantis did much better than I ever thought they would when it came out.

Sanctuary hasn't been too bad though....

Hopefully we'll have some new creative ideas for replacements. Why is it so damn hard to make a decent cheesy scifi series?

Adept Havelock 01-09-2009 04:41 PM

Hopefully Jewel Staite can find work as a mechanic or something.

Fish 01-09-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock (Post 5373663)

Hell ****ing yes.

keg in kc 01-09-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

She's dayum hawt.

Adept Havelock 01-09-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5373742)
She's dayum hawt.

Yeah, she's got that "Mary-Ann" look in spades, to Firefly/Serenity's "Ginger"...Inara Serra.

"Grav boot ain't your trouble. I seen the trouble plain as day when I was down there on my back before. Your reg couple's bad."

:drool:

I got no problem with Little Kaylee not killin' folk.

pr_capone 01-09-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Loved her in firefly

HATED HER CHARACTER WITH THE BURNING INTENSITY OF 3 SUNS on Atlantis.

<--- needs a few new seasons of Firefly.

Taco John 01-10-2009 03:11 AM

They butchered Atlantis when they dumped Weir. The story line has spiraled aimlessly out of control ever since. For as great as the first few seasons were, the last two were terrible (especially once they started introducing the romance aspect - blech). It's a damn shame.

Looking forward to Stargate Universe. I'm hoping that they've learned something from their bungling of Atlantis.

Rausch 01-10-2009 03:15 AM

I missed it, sure they'll replay it over the next week.

I thought the ep last week was great. Vegas, I think it was called.

I can't emagine shutting down Atlantis and keeping these dog$#it CGI drvien made by Sci-Fi movies...

Taco John 01-10-2009 05:11 AM

Anyone enjoying the new Amanda Tapping joint? I haven't seen an episode yet. Waiting for them to build up steam and catch them on DVD. I prefer a marathon.

unlurking 01-10-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 5374927)
Anyone enjoying the new Amanda Tapping joint? I haven't seen an episode yet. Waiting for them to build up steam and catch them on DVD. I prefer a marathon.

It's just a time killer in my book. Worst of the sci-fi shows on right now if you ask me. I TIVO it, but mainly due to the fact that there really isn't much sci-fi on. If you like the low budget, low tech movies the SF channel makes, you'll love the show.

The story line is interesting, but the acting is pretty weak, and it just screams cheap.

keg in kc 01-10-2009 10:18 PM

How disappointing. Talk about ending a series with a whimper instead of a bang.

Oh well, hopefully Stargate: Voyager doesn't suck as bad as I think it will.

(Get it, Stargate: Voyager?)

As for Sanctuary, I think it's an interesting idea, but I don't know how long SciFi will let it run. But I guess I'll watch anything they put on. I liked the Dresden Files even though it didn't resemble the books all that much, and I even watched the full run of their craptacular Flash Gordon.

At least they'll still have Eureka.

Taco John 01-11-2009 03:17 AM

There's still a Stargate Atlantis Movie coming out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=48156

keg in kc 01-11-2009 04:08 AM

Yeah, it's supposed to come out in July.

Still doesn't excuse how they ended the series.

Braincase 01-11-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 5374927)

Amanda Tappable? Sanctuary has some interesting characters - where else can you have Sherlock Holmes debating intellectual pursuits with Jack the Ripper while waiting for the arrival of a vampire named Nikola Tesla? (And Tapping is better as a blonde).

Now - the new girl that can turn invisible? Yowza!