ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to ask for release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269401)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-28-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9358742)
Clayton just said on ESPN that had ***** not been fired, Bowe wouldn't have even been offered a contract.

Not surprising at all. Pioli is Blackbob.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-28-2013 05:21 PM

Even if he only got them a fourth rounder in a trade, they would be foregoing a free fourth rounder to acquiesce to his wishes. That's idiotic.

HotCarl 01-28-2013 05:25 PM

If Alex Smith becomes a free agent, we should absolutely sign him.

Trading picks for him... eh. We have way too many holes to trade picks unless it's bringing in more picks.

He would be a fine veteran starter. He played well for SF down the stretch last year and for a chunk of this year.

Someone compared him to Trent Green. Is that a bad thing? Green - who by the way had a powerful offensive line with a franchise left tackle - was the best QB this team's had since before most of you were born.

We sign Smith, then in the draft we take BPA at #1 and get two QBs later in the draft, preferably higher in the rest of the draft.

That's the highest tide we could bring in in terms of talent, IMO.

Sorter 01-28-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9359160)
If Alex Smith becomes a free agent, we should absolutely sign him.

Trading picks for him... eh. We have way too many holes to trade picks unless it's bringing in more picks.

He would be a fine veteran starter. He played well for SF down the stretch last year and for a chunk of this year.

Someone compared him to Trent Green. Is that a bad thing? Green - who by the way had a powerful offensive line with a franchise left tackle - was the best QB this team's had since before most of you were born.

We sign Smith, then in the draft we take BPA at #1 and get two QBs later in the draft, preferably higher in the rest of the draft.

That's the highest tide we could bring in in terms of talent, IMO.

What 2 Qbs are you wanting to take later?

Geno Smith> Alex Smith + Landry Jones + Sorenson.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 05:30 PM

"BPA at 1."

Great. We could have Nearly Headless Nick play for us. AND Alex Smith.

WHAT A DEAL

htismaqe 01-28-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

And they won all those games in the playoffs too...oh wait...

htismaqe 01-28-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9359168)

EJ Manuel and Zac Dysert.

You know, Cam Newton and Ben Roethlisberger.

HotCarl 01-28-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9359168)

I'm sure that is what Lions fans said about Joey Harrington.

We bring in one guy who we know already can play the position in the NFL, and then we work on our projects too. This is the steady improvement approach.

With the team the way it is, we won't be competing for the postseason the first year anyway.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 05:32 PM

I compared him to Trent Green because the Rams had him as the starter, then found somebody better. Then they let him rot until we came by and coughed up a 1st rounder to not win any playoff games.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-28-2013 05:33 PM

Worst QB play in league history and these dumb****s want to stay status quo....WOW, what is the definition of insanity again?

KCRED 01-28-2013 05:34 PM

Yeah, no draft picks, but good, WINNING qb to get us throught the next year or two while we groom his successor...Who else?

RealSNR 01-28-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9359180)

We bring in one guy who we know already can play the position in the NFL, and then we work on our projects too. This is the steady improvement approach.

With the team the way it is, we won't be competing for the postseason the first year anyway.

Joey Harrington wasn't responsible for that 0-16 season. He also wasn't responsible for the revolving door of brokedick veterans that kept the team from really competing after they got rid of Harrington. That's the fault of the Lions for getting too scared to draft another guy just because Harrington happened.

OH NOES GUYZ WUT IF QB IS JOEY HARRINGTON WUT WILL WE DO

Sorter 01-28-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9359180)

Uh, Brandon Albert and Donald Stephenson?

I'll sig bet you for a month (if you last that long) that Albert or Stephenson playing behind Geno have a better PFF pass-blocking rating that Joeckel with any team he gets drafted for.

DeezNutz 01-28-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Someone compared him to Trent Green. Is that a bad thing?

That someone is a ****ing idiot, and I hope that someone isn't offended by me using ****ing.

HotCarl 01-28-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9359183)
I compared him to Trent Green because the Rams had him as the starter, then found somebody better. Then they let him rot until we came by and coughed up a 1st rounder to not win any playoff games.

Look up Green's numbers, were they not good enough to win in the postseason?

Was Trent Green a great talent at QB, or did he just play the game the right way, and have the benefit of the best offensive line in football?