ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What Would you Do....If you walked into a murder in progress? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270831)

Deberg_1990 03-06-2013 11:02 PM

What Would you Do....If you walked into a murder in progress?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qo6Jzh7SHRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Phobia 03-06-2013 11:05 PM

Fly some banners and get the murderer fired.

The Franchise 03-06-2013 11:07 PM

Post about it on FB and then bitch about it on CP.

Iowanian 03-06-2013 11:07 PM

I'd say what I often do in an elevator.

"smells like someone died in here"

Rasputin 03-06-2013 11:09 PM

Ride another elevator.

-King- 03-06-2013 11:10 PM

Lol why would the last guy even sign the release waiver?

HoneyBadger 03-06-2013 11:14 PM

Shoot them.

Chief_For_Life58 03-06-2013 11:19 PM

so many pussies in this world

pr_capone 03-06-2013 11:21 PM

Those guys are begging to get shot.

I see that I immediately pull my firearm and order the "aggressor" to stop.

Hammock Parties 03-06-2013 11:22 PM

Amazing video.

Really stupid of them to do this. Any right-wing idiot with a gun could pull it out oops.

pr_capone 03-06-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9472759)
Amazing video.

Really stupid of them to do this. Any right-wing idiot with a gun could pull it out oops.

LMAO

I'll cop to the idiot but certainly not being right-wing.

Rasputin 03-06-2013 11:29 PM

Help the murderer the guy probably deserves to die anyways?

Johnny Vegas 03-06-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9472759)
Amazing video.

unless you're in Canada. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

DJ's left nut 03-06-2013 11:40 PM

Holy shit - that's a really good way to get someone killed.

Depending on the day, there's a decent chance I'd at least draw down on the guy. I don't always carry, but sometimes I do and that's just asking for a serious problem.

Rasputin 03-06-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9472793)
Holy shit - that's a really good way to get someone killed.

Depending on the day, there's a decent chance I'd at least draw down on the guy. I don't always carry, but sometimes I do and that's just asking for a serious problem.

It would be bad enough to have an old lady give you a beat down with her purse. No too doing this experiment.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2013 12:08 AM

What are the legal ramifications of stopping a murder in progress?

Probably depends on the state you're in, no?

What if it was revealed that it was just mock murder?

RunKC 03-07-2013 12:11 AM

It's a ****ing shame that some people do nothing and run away.

Take your foot and kick it up his ****ing face people.

RedDread 03-07-2013 12:13 AM

Cops probably showed up and told them to **** off after the 10th 911 call.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9472883)

**** that.

I'm not risking my life for a stranger.

Shit, for all you know that could be self defense.

Best to get the **** out of there.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9472883)

Eh, yes and no.

If you're just standing there and you see an 'opponent' that you know is a cold-blooded killer, well that's a pretty damn important piece of information - that this person is capable of and willing to kill.

Now let's say you have children at home. A wife. You're going to have a moment where you ask yourself if you're willing to risk leaving them on their own to try to save a stranger.

It's a pretty damn tough question at that point, is it not?

If I get stabbed and die, my wife makes good money and is good looking. Oh, and I'm insured for quite a damn bit, so she'll take her massive heap of cash and probably do a hell of a lot better than me within 9 months. So yeah, I'd risk it.

But if I had kids...man, that's a tough question. My obligation to them as a father is a hell of a lot greater than my obligation to this poor schlub on the elevator.

This stuff is deeper than we make it.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2013 12:31 AM

For all anyone knows you're saving the life of someone who might be the next Hitler so...yeah.

RedDread 03-07-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9472922)
Eh, yes and no.

If you're just standing there and you see an 'opponent' that you know is a cold-blooded killer, well that's a pretty damn important piece of information - that this person is capable of and willing to kill.

Now let's say you have children at home. A wife. You're going to have a moment where you ask yourself if you're willing to risk leaving them on their own to try to save a stranger.

It's a pretty damn tough question at that point, is it not?

If I get stabbed and die, my wife makes good money and is good looking. Oh, and I'm insured for quite a damn bit, so she'll take her massive heap of cash and probably do a hell of a lot better than me within 9 months. So yeah, I'd risk it.

But if I had kids...man, that's a tough question. My obligation to them as a father is a hell of a lot greater than my obligation to this poor schlub on the elevator.

This stuff is deeper than we make it.

I don't know if you have time to process all of that shit in that short period of time. It's really fight or flight.

But apparently there's also "stand there like a deer in the headlights" or "take a ****ing video of it."

Though I really think that last one was a setup. They didn't show the lead-in to that guy pulling out his phone, so I'm calling BS on that one.

Tribal Warfare 03-07-2013 12:33 AM

Luckily no one pulled a gun on their ass which could've got real messy

Phobia 03-07-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9472892)
Best to get the **** out of there.

Completely shocking.

DJ's left nut 03-07-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9472928)
I don't know if you have time to process all of that shit in that short period of time. It's really fight or flight.

But apparently there's also "stand there like a deer in the headlights" or "take a ****ing video of it."

Though I really think that last one was a setup. They didn't show the lead-in to that guy pulling out his phone, so I'm calling BS on that one.

You're right, at least to a degree. But won't you concede that the moment most people have a kid they are fundamentally re-wired to a fairly large extent? And the same when they get married, though perhaps to a lesser degree?

I'm just saying that the 'fight or flight' calculus changes pretty substantially when you introduce actual adult responsibilities to it. When you're driving a car with your kid in it, you drive differently whether you realize it or not. Hell, I drive differently with my damn dogs in the car.

You're not going to just forget about that stuff in that fight or flight moment; your body and mind will absolutely remember it, even if your conscious self doesn't consider it.

Lumpy 03-07-2013 12:51 AM

If it was a situation, (like in the vid), where it was some guy strangling another guy on the ground like that...

I would think that anyone could just kick the guy in the head as hard as they could, pull the victim away, run outside of the elevator and find something that could do some damage, beat the douchebag over the head with it, take the rope (or whatever the hell that was that he was using to strangle the guy with) hog-tie his ass, then call 911.

(Why yes, I do enjoy watching action movies, thanks for asking)

If he had a gun or a knife though... Eh, nope, see ya. Run away, dial 911.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9472949)
Completely shocking.

We should let natural selection take it's course.

KCrockaholic 03-07-2013 01:15 AM

I wouldn't get involved in this particular case considering you wouldn't know if it was self defense or not. Just call 911. Although it does depend on the circumstance.

Demonpenz 03-07-2013 01:19 AM

I would probably try to do something. I love getting my ass kicked and kicking ass tho

Phobia 03-07-2013 01:29 AM

I always jump into the fray just in case it's just a setup with cameras. I'd rather get shot and go out a hero than be seen in a viral video running away with pee running down my leg.

rico 03-07-2013 01:31 AM

Didn't watch vid. Will do later though. Response to question though: Depends on who is being murdered, how they are being murdered, who is murdering, etc. Prior to having children, I'd be more inclined to "Billy Bad Ass" up in these sorts of situations. Now that I have children, I consider it priority #1 in my life to provide an opportunity for them to be as happy and content as possible. In order to ensure this priority is met, I need to stay alive. So if I walk in on a murder in progress, and the murderer is someone I don't know and they are murdering people I don't know....I'm skee-daddling and running home to hug my kids. If my close friends and/or family are being harmed though, I will intervene. Selfish? Depends on how you look at it....but to me, it's straight up prioritization.

rico 03-07-2013 01:38 AM

3 years ago, I was squabble-happy. I'd throw down without fear or really much provocation. Pretty stupidly at times. Looked to squabble when I drank hard-liquor. Led to shit like this:

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...7c4d470b/l.jpg

Now though, I value my own safety much, much more because I know my 2 daughters' future well-being depends on it. A lot of my old friends think I'm ultra-lame now.

Rasputin 03-07-2013 01:45 AM

If your doing the murdering and some passing bystander tries to thwart your efforts to killing someone and it's nonya buissness then kill them too. Am I riight?

kcxiv 03-07-2013 01:49 AM

like alot of others it depends. If it was some child or elderly, then ill call. If its gang related, i shut my mouth n say nothing like i never saw it. consequences will not be fun! not talking about the police consequences either. lol

my loved ones, family? imma kill a mother****er if i get the chance too.

KCWolfman 03-07-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9473002)
I always jump into the fray just in case it's just a setup with cameras. I'd rather get shot and go out a hero than be seen in a viral video running away with pee running down my leg.

Amen, brother Phil.

This nails it perfectly.

MagicHef 03-07-2013 08:28 AM

LMAO

The guy who stands watching for about 5 seconds, shrugs, then gets on the elevator.

loochy 03-07-2013 08:50 AM

tell the murder to give me a bunch of cash in exchange for my silence

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-07-2013 08:58 AM

Didn't seem real

RedDread 03-07-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9473280)
Didn't seem real

When I killed a guy, he put up waaaaay more fight.

tooge 03-07-2013 09:03 AM

Kill them both and take their wallets.

Gary 03-07-2013 09:10 AM

Really stupid idea to pull a stunt like this. These guys are really lucky the wrong type of person for their little experiment didn't show up and either stomp the killer's head in with a boot or pull a concealed carry weapon and blow him away.

tooge 03-07-2013 09:12 AM

yeah, the guy getting "murdered" got blasted in the face with a fire extinguisher. Nice.

Setsuna 03-08-2013 09:24 AM

Go full Superman

Rasputin 03-08-2013 09:27 AM

If it's still in progress tell the killer to "stop your doing it wrong". Then show him how to do it and get the job done right.

Brock 03-08-2013 09:29 AM

Lots of internet tough guys on the loose as usual.

Setsuna 03-08-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9472925)
For all anyone knows you're saving the life of someone who might be the next Hitler so...yeah.

EVERYONE deserves a chance to live and make decisions of their own free will. You can't just allow someone else to make that decision for them.

pr_capone 03-08-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9476509)
Lots of internet tough guys on the loose as usual.

I don't think it is about being an "internet tough guy". I think it is that more people on CP are willing to display basic human decency, or at least would like to think they would, and help someone in danger vs self preservation.

It doesn't take a super hero to risk their lives for others. Look at how many people were running INTO the towers to try and help people get out despite the risk to themselves.

crazycoffey 03-08-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9472731)

Was that Zach?

T-post Tom 03-08-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9472731)

This!!! LMAO That had to be an actor, right?

Lzen 03-08-2013 09:57 AM

Love that old black dude's response. "Need some help ovah here".

And that Asian woman's expression was priceless.

For those that question, I don't think it's a question. You help. Probably wise to call 911 first and then try to help any way you can.

Lzen 03-08-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9472925)

For all anyone knows you're saving the life of the next Albert Einstein.

BlackHelicopters 03-08-2013 12:05 PM

Have sex with the woman's corpse?

Rausch 03-08-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9477154)
Have sex with the woman's corpse?

Still warm?...

Bwana 03-08-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9472756)
Those guys are begging to get shot.

Heh, that was my first thought as well, or a few good curb stomps.

suds79 03-08-2013 01:06 PM

Not trying to be "internet tough guy" because sometimes you can't say how you would act unless you there but man come on... I would like to believe I would have done something.

Not like he was getting butchered with a machete where this guy had a deadly weapon. Guy is strangling him with a rope.

If a chick is willing it get in there and hit the bad guy with some flowers, I don't think a swift kick to the head is asking too much of the rest of us.

SMH at the guy at the end just taking pics with his iphone. He can't even say he was running for safety. No he was just taking pics for the cops after the guy will be dead.

The Franchise 03-08-2013 01:10 PM

The guys with fire extinguisher just let the elevator door close.

lcarus 03-08-2013 01:38 PM

I like to think I'd take action. I also like to think I'd run into a burning building to save someone. Thinking you'd be a hero and actually doing it in the moment are two different things. But I'm gonna sit here and tell you all that I'd act, because that's what I think I would do. Never been in a situation like that though.

lcarus 03-08-2013 01:39 PM

And by act, I mean my first instinct if I acted would be to kick the strangler directly in the face really really hard.

listopencil 03-08-2013 01:49 PM

Argh, that's an incredibly stupid experiment. I'm surprised that the pretend aggressor wasn't seriously injured.

lcarus 03-08-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9477378)
Argh, that's an incredibly stupid experiment. I'm surprised that the pretend aggressor wasn't seriously injured.

True, but I appreciate them taking the risk to make a pretty entertaining video.