ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

lcarus 02-22-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8390243)
yeah he doesn't have much to say does he? remember....he had what looked to be a possible life threatening injury to his arm....that cut was HUGE and SICK....and 10 minutes later with a little gauze wrapped around it....he's GREAT! (man I really thought he was gonna get zombie infected from that cut)

Oh yeah that's right. Forgot about that.

On a side note, do you think Daryl's brother will show up alive at some point? Didn't they find that he cut his hand off to escape the rooftop? I remember Daryl's hallucination with his brother, but is that supposed to indicate that he's dead?

frankotank 02-22-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8390247)
But then at a Victoria Secrets lingerie show, I doubt you would even notice if she was choking to death while sitting right next to you.

oh I'd notice! and I'd know why she was choking.... :D

Ceej 02-22-2012 11:48 AM

Also,


Does anyone think they'll ever end up meeting up with the black guy and his boy again?

frankotank 02-22-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8390270)
Oh yeah that's right. Forgot about that.

On a side note, do you think Daryl's brother will show up alive at some point? Didn't they find that he cut his hand off to escape the rooftop? I remember Daryl's hallucination with his brother, but is that supposed to indicate that he's dead?

I've wondered about him. that dude isn't exactly a nobody in the movie/TV world. I say no way the dream means he's dead. he'll probably show up at some point. maybe as a zombie?

do the zombies get any kind of intelligence in the comic? he'd be a good one to show up as a smart-ish zombie.

keg in kc 02-22-2012 01:13 PM

I'd be really shocked if Merle didn't show up again, and not as a zombie. And no, I haven't read any of the books.

Bambi 02-22-2012 01:15 PM

You guys are nuts. Dale's the hottest

http://img.filmous.com/static/people/53422/photo.jpg

NewChief 02-22-2012 01:49 PM

Assuming they're still going to play fast and loose with the comic plot I could see Merle showing up

Spoiler!

Otter 02-22-2012 02:30 PM

I watched the first one last night. One of the faults I find with this show is how it deals with the situation the survivors are in and how their shying away from dealing with other survivors in the same desperate situation. I thought it was cool the way they finally met others and wound up shooting them to preserves themselves. They finally touched on some of the nitty gritty of post-apocalypse outside of their own little group.

They need more of that.

Maybe get a random transmission on the radios they carry, see a plane or something of that nature. The same characters killing zombies gets kind of repetitive. Don't get me wrong, it's still entertaining seeing zombies get rocked for an hour a week but they've been milking the same circumstances a little too long.

NewChief 02-22-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8390720)
I watched the first one last night. One of the faults I find with this show is how it deals with the situation the survivors are in and how their shying away from dealing with other survivors in the same desperate situation. I thought it was cool the way they finally met others and wound up shooting them to preserves themselves. They finally touched on some of the nitty gritty of post-apocalypse outside of their own little group.

They need more of that.

Maybe get a random transmission on the radios they carry, see a plane or something of that nature. The same characters killing zombies gets kind of repetitive. Don't get me wrong, it's still entertaining seeing zombies get rocked for an hour a week but they've been milking the same circumstances a little too long.

You'll really like where the series goes from here if it follows the comics at all. The comics are really more about humans becoming the "beasts" with the zombies being just sort of a periphereal threat that serves to expose the animal nature of humanity (very Lord of the Flies).

Otter 02-22-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8390733)
You'll really like where the series goes from here if it follows the comics at all. The comics are really more about humans becoming the "beasts" with the zombies being just sort of a periphereal threat that serves to expose the animal nature of humanity (very Lord of the Flies).

Should have specified - first one of the new season.

That's awesome. Zombies can only off so much to the plot. They might as well have the farm swarmed by a hoard and have them all break out into a musical dance at this point.

Jawshco 02-22-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8390646)
Assuming they're still going to play fast and loose with the comic plot I could see Merle showing up

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

kaplin42 02-22-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8390733)
You'll really like where the series goes from here if it follows the comics at all. The comics are really more about humans becoming the "beasts" with the zombies being just sort of a periphereal threat that serves to expose the animal nature of humanity (very Lord of the Flies).

To quote a game I used to play

"The beast we are less the beast we become."

Rep for anyone who can tell me the game.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2012 10:20 PM

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but Shane is probably a goner soon. Hes been cast in Darbonts new series.



Milo Ventimiglia, who grew famous playing Peter Petrelli on "Heroes," is set and “Walking Dead” star Jon Bernthal is in negotiations to star in Frank Darabont’s TNT period cops-and-gangsters pilot “L.A. Noir,” according to Deadline Hollywood.

The casting of Bernthal suggests the character of Shane Walsh, played by Bernthal, will be shot to death and/or fed to zombies at some point in the next four episodes of “The Walking Dead.”

Darabont, writer-director of period prison dramas “The Shawshank Redemption” and “The Green Mile” as well as “The Mist,” masterminded AMC’s “Walking Dead” series until he was fired last summer.

Ventimiglia and Bernthal would play men who served together during World War II before finding their ways to 1940s Los Angeles. The Bernthal character would be a mob lawyer.

Still to be cast is L.A. gang boss Mickey Cohen (memorably played by Harvey Keitel in “Bugsy”).

The proposed series is based on John Buntin’s “L.A. Noir: The Struggle For The Soul Of America’s Most Seductive City.”


http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53733

aturnis 02-22-2012 10:44 PM

I would think he could take that roll, and do both until he learns whether or not L.A. Noire will succeed or not. That's what I'd try and do anyway, if they were both filmed in the same area anyway...

KC_Connection 02-22-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8391898)
I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but Shane is probably a goner soon. Hes been cast in Darbonts new series.

A Rick/Shane confrontation is certainly what they're working towards at the end of the season, but I'm hoping that doesn't mean Shane dies. He could just get driven away from the group.

Shane's character is one of the reasons this show has kept my interest, so I hope they don't cut him loose. It seems they may, though.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.