ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Asus Laptop Computers opinions needed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208868)

aturnis 06-10-2009 07:32 PM

Asus Laptop Computer opinions needed

I know for a fact that some of you are ultra tech nerds. So I will assume, that even some of you without direct experience w/ the Asus laptops, may have an informed opinion of them. So, if you could, please let me know what you think. My laptop is out of commission and I need to replace it.

I HATE sitting at a computer desk. So it's between a new laptop, and building a tower to use on a t.v. w/ a wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

Any info will be appreciated.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-10-2009 08:27 PM

My dad just bought a netbook from Asus. It's super nice, durable, and runs well. They seem like solid computers from my chair.

Pants 06-10-2009 09:11 PM

Not sure about laptops, but Asus components are usually considered to be pretty much the best.

chasedude 06-10-2009 09:15 PM

When I worked retail we sold quite a few for a tractor supply company. They worked really well in the field (plugged in the equipment). Only had one come back with severe dust problems, other than that they all worked like a top.

aturnis 06-10-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 5831740)
When I worked retail we sold quite a few for a tractor supply company. They worked really well in the field (plugged in the equipment). Only had one come back with severe dust problems, other than that they all worked like a top.

Great. My house isn't all that dusty! Thanks for the info!

Simply Red 06-11-2009 06:02 PM

badass lil' machines, for sure. I can give you info on a dealer, I'll tell him to give you kick-ass pricing. Let me know, bud ...

AustinChief 06-11-2009 06:25 PM

In one of my incarnations as an IT Director, I bought 20 or so of them and only had one hardware issue. AND I think there really wasn't an issue, it occured after that company had spun off and the new tech guy was not on the brighter side of things... I think he blamed hardware when he couldn't figure out a problem.

I wouldn't say they are elite machines by any stretch... but they were great for the price.

Simply Red 06-11-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 5833673)
In one of my incarnations as an IT Director, I bought 20 or so of them and only had one hardware issue. AND I think there really wasn't an issue, it occured after that company had spun off and the new tech guy was not on the brighter side of things... I think he blamed hardware when he couldn't figure out a problem.

I wouldn't say they are elite machines by any stretch... but they were great for the price.

pretty accurate, for sure, that last part, anyhow. But yeah, they aren't the baddest boys on the block. But very compact, which I find initself 'attractive.' I like the 7" notebk.