ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Exposed Drywall Paper (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263311)

DaneMcCloud 09-07-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 8887402)
yep,,,,,havent changed a bit have ya...stone cold sober by the way...How about you?

How about me? I've never had an issue with drugs or alcohol.

And how could I go back to Hollyweird when I never left?

Phobia 09-07-2012 10:50 PM

Obviously, you're the expert and I'll defer to your expert opinion, Jeff. That picture wasn't from the OP. The general advice I gave is fine for a DIY homeowner albeit not nearly as good as yours. I still don't understand the venom but you're a grown man and I'm not gonna try to win your heart. Glad to see you're alive and kicking.

Phobia 09-07-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8887387)
That's nice info, Dude. But wasn't your response a little harsh? Or am I missing something that happened between you two?

Glad you're doing well.

Heh. Yeah, it was. I missed it too. I found out on facebook he apparently disagreed with something I did or thought I lied about something and left the Planet forever. I don't understand it but that's okay, I guess.

Silock 09-07-2012 11:52 PM

Wow, this thread sure got weird.

Anyway, I was concerned about the paper not being sealed because I tried to use some joint compound on one area, and the paper just seemed like it absorbed all the moisture and it took forever for the mud to dry (5+ hours, when the rest of it set and sanded in 20 minutes).

I was under the impression that that was a bad thing. Am I wrong? I honestly have no clue. Obviously, just going on with quick set instead of taking an extra sealing step seems like it would be far less work, as I'm going to have to sand and mud it a couple of times at least, anyway.

I'm just as confused now as when I started the thread . . .

DaneMcCloud 09-07-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8887537)
I'm just as confused now as when I started the thread . . .

Although I'm not a professional, I've spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars remodeling my home.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure you're okay.

:D

Silock 09-07-2012 11:57 PM

Here's a couple of pics of what I'm concerned about.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...EC2F60ED10.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...EC25710EEC.jpg

Phobia 09-07-2012 11:58 PM

Dude - Overhead is a guy who has done this stuff professionally for decades. It's all he does. Yeah, he's going to have some techniques that work better for him. The average joe isn't going to want to play with speed mud. The technique I suggested for you is a novice-friendly method of dealing with your problem. As long as you have to shredded paper cleaned up to the best of your ability, it will work fine. I've done it.

Or you could just hire Jeff to fly down and fix it. He's incredibly talented with mud. Probably one of the best artisans in North America.

Silock 09-07-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8887540)
Although I'm not a professional, I've spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars remodeling my home.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure you're okay.

:D

!!

That's a lot of dollars. I've spent maybe 20 grand, and that's being generous and including a 3D projector lol

Phobia 09-08-2012 12:00 AM

Clean that paper up a little better with a utility knife blade before you seal it up.

DaneMcCloud 09-08-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8887552)
!!

That's a lot of dollars. I've spent maybe 20 grand, and that's being generous and including a 3D projector lol

If you're really concerned about it (which I wouldn't be), cut that piece out, replace it with new drywall and be done with it.

Good luck!

Silock 09-08-2012 12:05 AM

Yeah, I haven't worked too hard on that particular area yet. That's just what I'm looking at tackling tomorrow.

Groves 09-08-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8886945)
There's only one brand of brush I will buy, and I only use lamb's wool rollers. Anything else will make you tear your hair out.

Out with it, Bug.

Nice to see Over-head, too. You been working all night on custom jobs again? Cranky.

rad 09-08-2012 07:34 AM

I had this problem a while back and I hit it with a little anti-freeze.

If you don't have some handy, just siphon some blinker fluid out of your car, it's basically the same stuff.

(slackers) :shake:

Over-Head 09-09-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8887413)
Heh. Yeah, it was. I missed it too. I found out on facebook he apparently disagreed with something I did or thought I lied about something and left the Planet forever. I don't understand it but that's okay, I guess.

Again, playing spin doctor, last post I made over a year ago was to hogfarmer where I said ...."**** you, **** the chiefs, and **** the cesspool this place has become...I"m outa here.
....DAMN me and my autodiadict memory....I'll just sum it up with WHO has WHO blocked on FB Phil????

I Didin't leave ANY time limit as to when of IF I may return.
UNLIKE Dane McButt Hurt who when proven wrong and called on his shit over a year ago DID in fact post an "I'm gone forever thread....But low and behold here he is....

Over-Head 09-09-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8887400)
If you're going to be an asshole, take some of that 20 and shove it up your stupid ****ing Raider ass, you ****ing reeruned, drunk, drugged-out Canuck.

Still hittin' the pipe?

Damn didn't I perfect the "Goat boy stir em up, and watch em act predictable post".........

Too bad your such a class A fool to realise you were just played.