ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Palmer: McCluster excited about the happenings in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271405)

Tribal Warfare 03-22-2013 09:30 PM

Palmer: McCluster excited about the happenings in KC

McCluster excited about the happenings in KC
By TOD PALMER
The Kansas City Star
Chiefs wide receiver Dexter McCluster was among the revelers as Mississippi upset Wisconsin during NCAA Tournament regional action Friday at the Sprint Center.

McCluster, a former Rebels running back and 2010 second-round pick, even commissioned special gear for the occasion after learning that his alma mater was coming to Kansas City.

“I went and had four shirts made up that say ‘Ole Miss Rebels’ in red and blue,” McCluster said. “I was so excited to see everybody — some friends and some people I really looked up to at Ole Miss. I’m having a good time here today. It’s great. It feels like I’m back home. Hotty Toddy — I’ll bleed red and blue until the day I die.”

McCluster originally is from Tampa, Fla., but he spent four years in Oxford, Miss., and now lives in Kansas City year-round.

He’s almost as eager for the Chiefs — who brought in a new general manager, John Dorsey, and coach, Andy Reid, during the offseason — to get going again, too.

“I’m happy about the fresh start,” McCluster said. “The guys that were here before, I love them with all my heart because they gave me the chance to go out there and showcase my talents. But I’m excited for the new year and the changes to come.”

McCluster is energized by the fresh start and the sense that the Chiefs’ fan base feels the same way.

“The whole town can feel that we’re about to do some big things, but we still have to put in the work,” McCluster said. “But if we all stick together, we can make something special happen. I was very excited about the Alex Smith trade. He’s a guy who’s established. He’s been in the league — been there, done that — so hopefully he can come here and do the same thing.”

And, yes, McCluster is well aware that Reid has big plans for him in the Chiefs’ new offense.

“I’m a humble guy, but he’s expecting a lot of things of me,” McCluster said. “I know I have to go in there and put the work in and, hopefully, make it come true. I sat down with (Reid) briefly, and he just told me that when he first saw me he thought I was a guy who can be a playmaker. He really believed in me on and off the field. I want to show him that he was correct about that.”

Hammock Parties 03-22-2013 09:34 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...carusofyou.gif

Bambi 03-22-2013 09:34 PM

McCluster still on the team?

keg in kc 03-22-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9522525)
I’ll bleed red and blue until the day I die.”

Sweet! Let's send him to buffalo.

MOhillbilly 03-22-2013 09:47 PM

He's the only one excited.

Ming the Merciless 03-22-2013 10:19 PM

he sees alot of check downs in his future

ones that wont injure him or miss him by 7 yards

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-22-2013 10:37 PM

When you go in the huddle, tell Alex to think of you as a tight end. I mean BOOM

FloridaMan88 03-22-2013 10:55 PM

The picture is the best part of the article (at the Sprint Center today):

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...Ahy.St.81.jpeg

Hammock Parties 03-22-2013 11:00 PM

hope ole miss gets their ass kicked

Phobia 03-22-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9522833)

Looks like an ugly chick with tatts.

Mav 03-22-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9522781)
When you go in the huddle, tell Alex to think of you as a tight end. I mean BOOM

or running back. he was great finding frank gore for years.....

Cannibal 03-22-2013 11:29 PM

He's kind of strange little dude.

Mr. Laz 03-22-2013 11:34 PM

our offense coaching has been a mess for years, i image all the players on offense are excited.

Mav 03-22-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9522943)
our offense coaching has been a mess for years, i image all the players on offense are excited.

I NEVER understood the todd haley signing. I DEFINTELY didnt understand bringing in charlie weis WITH todd haley. Todd haley is an asshole to the fullest. He treats these grown men like shit....

Simply Red 03-22-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

McCluster excited about the happenings in KC
By TOD PALMER
The Kansas City Star
Chiefs wide receiver Dexter McCluster was among the revelers as Mississippi upset Wisconsin during NCAA Tournament regional action Friday at the Sprint Center.

McCluster, a former Rebels running back and 2010 second-round pick, even commissioned special gear for the occasion after learning that his alma mater was coming to Kansas City.

“I went and had four shirts made up that say ‘Ole Miss Rebels’ in red and blue,” McCluster said. “I was so excited to see everybody — some friends and some people I really looked up to at Ole Miss. I’m having a good time here today. It’s great. It feels like I’m back home. Hotty Toddy — I’ll bleed red and blue until the day I die.”

McCluster originally is from Tampa, Fla., but he spent four years in Oxford, Miss., and now lives in Kansas City year-round.

He’s almost as eager for the Chiefs — who brought in a new general manager, John Dorsey, and coach, Andy Reid, during the offseason — to get going again, too.

“I’m happy about the fresh start,” McCluster said. “The guys that were here before, I love them with all my heart because they gave me the chance to go out there and showcase my talents. But I’m excited for the new year and the changes to come.”

McCluster is energized by the fresh start and the sense that the Chiefs’ fan base feels the same way.

“The whole town can feel that we’re about to do some big things, but we still have to put in the work,” McCluster said. “But if we all stick together, we can make something special happen. I was very excited about the Alex Smith trade. He’s a guy who’s established. He’s been in the league — been there, done that — so hopefully he can come here and do the same thing.”

And, yes, McCluster is well aware that Reid has big plans for him in the Chiefs’ new offense.

“I’m a humble guy, but he’s expecting a lot of things of me,” McCluster said. “I know I have to go in there and put the work in and, hopefully, make it come true. I sat down with (Reid) briefly, and he just told me that when he first saw me he thought I was a guy who can be a playmaker. He really believed in me on and off the field. I want to show him that he was correct about that.”

http://i.imgur.com/X5mMWU5.jpg

CoMoChief 03-22-2013 11:39 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SqsPWWQEZcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 03-22-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9522944)
I NEVER understood the todd haley signing. I DEFINTELY didnt understand bringing in charlie weis WITH todd haley. Todd haley is an asshole to the fullest. He treats these grown men like shit....

Haley is a man - he'd right hook you and then finger-bang your waitress sister.

Frazod 03-23-2013 12:19 AM

Hey Matt, I think you pissed yourself after that last sack.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XDrVcQNJgy...Bad-Santa3.jpg

penbrook 03-23-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9522950)
Haley is a man - he'd right hook you and then finger-bang your waitress sister.

If it wasnt for Haley DJ would be a backup and Bowe would be a #3 reciever. He brought the best out in everybody.

RealSNR 03-23-2013 12:44 AM

Branden Albert needs to be traded away and replaced, but this ****stick midget gets a free pass.

I hope we draft Markus Wheaton and cut his worthless cockbag ass from the team

ChiefsCountry 03-23-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9523002)
If it wasnt for Haley DJ would be a backup and Bowe would be a #3 reciever. He brought the best out in everybody.

Bowe was a badass before Haley showed up in town.

RedDread 03-23-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Fuggin Nachos!!!

Sofa King 03-23-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9522948)

hahahaha

rabblerouser 03-23-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9522709)

:thumb:

that was funny.

And very true.

Reid runs LOTS of screens, too...

rabblerouser 03-23-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Truth.

Even Cassel resembled an NFL player for 3/4 of a season...

Consistent1 03-23-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

I thought Lil Wayne was dead....

rabblerouser 03-23-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9522944)

He treated the 2-14 team he inherited like shit because they WERE shit...

he whipped them into shape, and they turned right back into shit as soon as he was gone - right back to 2-14.

Duh.

rabblerouser 03-23-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9523089)
I thought Lil Wayne was dead....

Unfortunately, it was a hoax.

BlackHelicopters 03-23-2013 05:22 AM

No earrings today DMC?

threebag 03-23-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9522709)

Progress?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-23-2013 06:30 AM

I thought he played solid for Florida Gulf Coast last night.

Crush 03-23-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9523122)
I thought he played solid for Florida Gulf Coast last night.

That's waciss.

Rausch 03-23-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Wait.........whut?

Red Dawg 03-23-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9522596)
He's the only one excited.

We should all be excited with the moves they have. Mainly the coaching staff. Only a sinic would not be. You must be a douche.

-King- 03-23-2013 08:45 AM

I don't hate McCluster. He's an average to slightly above average role player.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9523225)
Posted via Mobile Device

Plays who are responsible for 7 turnovers in 60 touches don't deserve roster spots.

Deberg_1990 03-23-2013 08:51 AM

Looking forward to big things from him this season!

Chiefshrink 03-23-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9522588)
Sweet! Let's send him to buffalo.

and draft Austin with our 1st pick IF we don't draft Geno so that we AT LEAST
can draft a player in the 1st rd that will have an immediate high impact playmaker skill from the get go. This has been missing from many of our 1st rd picks for quite some time and it needs to stop:banghead:

-King- 03-23-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523226)
Plays who are responsible for 7 turnovers in 60 touches don't deserve roster spots.

Are those random numbers that you just came up with?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Meck 03-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9523222)
We should all be excited with the moves they have. Mainly the coaching staff. Only a sinic would not be. You must be a douche.

CYNIC. Come on, guys. This is what cutting education spending for three decades gets you.

Crush 03-23-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9523225)
Posted via Mobile Device

He's a complete waste of a 2nd round pick. He's slow and small. He's absolutely terrible. What's not to love?

Crush 03-23-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9523222)

Coaching is worthless if you do not have a QB.

PRIEST 03-23-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9522865)
Looks like an ugly chick with tatts.

:LOL:

Mr. Laz 03-23-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9523088)
Truth.

Even Cassel resembled an NFL player until Weis left...

fyp

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9523235)
Are those random numbers that you just came up with?
Posted via Mobile Device

No. Did you watch games last year?

-King- 03-23-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523314)
No. Did you watch games last year?

Yes and neither of those numbers you posted are right.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9523327)
Yes and neither of those numbers you posted are right.
Posted via Mobile Device

He was absolutely responsible for 7 turnovers.

The ball touched his hands 3 times on perfectly thrown balls that he turned into INTs.

Twice more he incorrectly ran a route, resulting in an INT.

He also lost two fumbles.

All of this occurred in 64 touches.

Tribal Warfare 03-23-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

If you saw McCluster on the street you'd never believe he's a professional football player.

-King- 03-23-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523328)

The ball touched his hands 3 times on perfectly thrown balls that he turned into INTs.

LMAO LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 10:15 AM

Why are you laughing you son of a bitch. All of that happened.

He's a train wreck.

Cannibal 03-23-2013 10:17 AM

McCluster needs to ditch the weave.

Rausch 03-23-2013 10:18 AM

IIRC the reason Pioli drafted him where he did was due to Phat Andy being so high on him and the idea he'd take him.

I'm sure Phatty still has a soft spot for him...

lcarus 03-23-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523342)

He's a train wreck.

The whole offense was a train wreck last year, and yeah McCluster made some mistakes. Apparently Andy Reid still likes him though? That's what I've heard anyway. I think/hope he can get better and I could see him playing a role in a good offense. I do remember his bad plays that led to turnovers, but I remember he made some good plays in there as well. I understand if people don't like him and think he was drafted too high (he was), but the hate for him here has kind of snowballed to a level that I feel is a little too high.

SAUTO 03-23-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523328)

Wait. What makes you think he miss ran a route?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9523356)
Posted via Mobile Device

Because the announcers talked about it, and if you know anything about football, it was ****ing obvious.

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9523352)
The whole offense was a train wreck last year, and yeah McCluster made some mistakes. Apparently Andy Reid still likes him though? That's what I've heard anyway. I think/hope he can get better and I could see him playing a role in a good offense. I do remember his bad plays that led to turnovers, but I remember he made some good plays in there as well. I understand if people don't like him and think he was drafted too high (he was), but the hate for him here has kind of snowballed to a level that I feel is a little too high.

No, incorrect. He doesn't do anything well.

He's good for a bunch of ****ing checkdowns that go nowhere. What kind of role is that?

Mr. Laz 03-23-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523342)

He's a train wreck.

i think he's laughing at your rather rapid descent into a raging insanity.

Cannibal 03-23-2013 10:28 AM

Still think McCluster is far too slow for his size.

SAUTO 03-23-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523358)
Because the announcers talked about it, and if you know anything about football, it was ****ing obvious.

Yeah the announcers are always right. If I were you I would wit using those two turnovers to try and prop up your argument.

It makes you look silly
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9523368)
Yeah the announcers are always right.

They were absolutely right.

**** off.

Ming the Merciless 03-23-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9523121)
Progress?

if you consider anthony fasano and dex mcluster as your main weapons being "progress" then **** yah its progress bruh

rabblerouser 03-23-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9523356)
Posted via Mobile Device

What makes you think he DIDN'T!!??

Cannibal 03-23-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523360)

He's good for a bunch of ****ing checkdowns that go nowhere. What kind of role is that?

He could be decent in a well coached, well executed screen game, but that's what we have Charles for I suppose.

I do agree that he is a bust. I don't think he's completely awful, but he wasn't worth a 2nd rounder.

lcarus 03-23-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Yeah his role the last couple of years was catching a bunch of "oh shit" checkdowns from Cassel that went nowhere, along with a few designed short passes that were either terrible in design or terrible in overall execution. I agree that that isn't a good role for anyone to have. But I'm willing to let Reid attempt to create a better role for him.

He's on thin ice with me though. If he stinks it up this year and continues to create turnovers for our offense, I too shall join you on the hate train.

Ace Gunner 03-23-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

shut up moron.

Cassel telegraphed every god damn pass he's every made and when those passes are underneath in traffic, the defense is right there in numbers to smother the play. Even when Bowe catches underneath shit he can't get YAC very often.

you have lost your friggin mind.

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9523386)
shut up moron.

Cassel telegraphed every god damn pass he's every made and when those passes are underneath in traffic, the defense is right there in numbers to smother the play. Even when Bowe catches underneath shit he can't get YAC very often.

you have lost your friggin mind.

When McCluster has another shitty year and doesn't make plays and turns the ball over some more, I'll accept your apology.

Cannibal 03-23-2013 10:40 AM

McCluster is better suited as a RB for maybe 10 plays (at most) per game.

He's a shitty WR, IMO.

Ming the Merciless 03-23-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9523386)
shut up moron.

Wait...isn't that what Dex's role is supposed to be? Making plays underneath and avoiding traffic.....?

Whats your suggestion? Go / post/ fly routes?

Ace Gunner 03-23-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9523391)

He's a shitty WR, IMO.

ya, except the guy runs better routes than any other wideout on this squad.

the parrots are home today I tell ya.

BlackHelicopters 03-23-2013 10:44 AM

DMC is best suited as a shoe salesperson at a Foot Locker in Oxford Mississippi.

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9523398)
ya, except the guy runs better routes than any other wideout on this squad.

Projected stats for his shitty bust ass this year?

Ace Gunner 03-23-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9523395)
Wait...isn't that what Dex's role is supposed to be? Making plays underneath and avoiding traffic.....?

Whats your suggestion? Go / post/ fly routes?

he's a slot guy or an outside - in guy in the WCO. but you can't expect your passing game to move the chains if your QB is telling the defense where the ball is going 2 seconds before the ball gets there.

JFC let's review the carnage of Matt ****ing Cassel -- He locks onto his guy, looks down his reciever, has a baseball wind up that gives even more time to defenders and throws the ball off target consistently.

Insert "I'd need a rocket up my ass to catch that , matt" gif.

Cannibal 03-23-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9523399)
DMC is best suited as a shoe salesperson at a Foot Locker in Oxford Mississippi.

:D

Ming the Merciless 03-23-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9523411)
he's a slot guy or an outside - in guy in the WCO.

I see him more as a gadget guy you line up in the backfield and then shift or motion

and yes cassel sucked, as already noted 65i759578587569876986 times

Rausch 03-23-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9523391)

He's a shitty WR, IMO.

This...

Ming the Merciless 03-23-2013 10:56 AM

but buzz,

if you think changing QB from Cassel to Smith is going to somehow unleash the beast that is within McCluster......youre really special...

You do realize that with like 175 ypg there isnt enough yards to go around........I mean since donnie avery is going to get like 80 YPG that barely leaves any yards for anyone else

LOL

Ace Gunner 03-23-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523403)
Projected stats for his shitty bust ass this year?

passing game needs blockers. after I see 2 pre season games, I'll give you projections. Imo the one stat that is most important for dex is 3rd down conversions. most of the time he's the last option in this offense -- he isn't going to have gawdy stats.

Rausch 03-23-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9523436)
passing game needs blockers. after I see 2 pre season games, I'll give you projections. Imo the one stat that is most important for dex is 3rd down conversions. most of the time he's the last option in this offense -- he isn't going to have gawdy stats.

Under Ca$$hole he was the 1st option...

Cannibal 03-23-2013 11:04 AM

In an ideal world, Dex would be an outstanding KR too. But unfortunately, he's not very good at that either.

Cannibal 03-23-2013 11:05 AM

We need a better KR somewhere, Arenas isn't getting it done. He's consistent, be he can't break anything open.