ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tid Bits From KFFL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118405)

dtrain 06-23-2005 12:12 PM

Chiefs Tid Bits From KFFL

Chiefs | Fox Playing Better Than Anyone
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:37:25 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham says LB Keyaron Fox has been the best defensive player on the field during the team's ongoing organized team activities. "Through the first half of the OTAs, Keyaron Fox was the best player on the field," said Cunningham. "It's been a long offseason with Kawika. We had a lot of talks. I called him at his home. I'm sure there were times when he wanted to kill me."

Chiefs | Bell Will be a Major Factor
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:36:48 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham says LB Kendrell Bell will be a big factor in the team's defensive scheme this season. "He's so intense, sometimes he scares me," Cunningham said. "He's going to be a major, major factor in what we do."

Chiefs | LBs Make Progress
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:36:04 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham says the Chiefs' linebacking corps will be much improved this season. "I've gone from thinking I didn't have any linebackers who could play, to the group we have now in one year," said Cunningham. "We've made a lot of progress."

Chiefs | Allen Crawling Out of Dog House
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:35:07 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs DE Jared Allen began the offseason in defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham's doghouse, but has helped his cause by playing well of late. "It's tough sometimes for you guys to understand that what they did last year isn't going to be good enough this year," Cunningham said. "We had a few heart to heart talks and he's come to understand that. He's really gotten better over the last half of the OTAs."

Chiefs | Siavii Pushing for Starting Job
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:34:22 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham said DT Junior Siavii has improved his play over the offseason. "He's coming, if he keeps working, I'm not sure who will be the starter at left (defensive) tackle, but he'll be a factor."

Chiefs | Big Season for Sims
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:33:19 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham said this season is going to be vital for DL Ryan Sims. "We've worked very hard with Ryan, very hard on his footwork," said Cunningham. "He has to get better."

Chiefs | Green Honored
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:15:33 -0700

KCChiefs.com reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green was honored by The Kansas City Sports Commission and Foundation during the 33rd Annual Sports Commission Awards Banquet Tuesday, June 21. Green was recognized with the Special Achievement Award for Professional Athletics and was presented his award by head coach Dick Vermeil.

Chiefs | Surtain Still Learning Scheme
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:45:37 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports by his own admission, Kansas City Chiefs CB Patrick Surtain is not yet comfortable with the team's defense. "I love what (defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham) wants to do, it's in your face defense and that's what every guy wants to play," Surtain said. "I'm still trying to learn it all, make the right decisions out there. I'll get there." Cunningham said he's not worried about Surtain learning the scheme.

Chiefs | Wesley Playing Better
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:46:35 -0700

Bob Gretz, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham believes the addition of SS Sammy Knight has made FS Greg Wesley a better player. "I told him the other day, 'Welcome back Greg'," Cunningham said. "He's really back to the guy I remember when we drafted him."

Lzen 06-23-2005 12:15 PM

Hmm, these are all just snippets from articles that we've already read in the past few weeks.

LiL stumppy 06-23-2005 12:21 PM

Exciting

dtrain 06-23-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Hmm, these are all just snippets from articles that we've already read in the past few weeks.

Excuse the brotha!