ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271388)

KCJay 03-22-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9520697)
I'm not really the Geno crowd. I think most fans around here can see that we're replacing a player that doesn't need replaced and pissing away a 1st round pick in the process. This draft represents so much hope and these guys are pissing it away. We're going to swap LTs and we've we brought in a marginal upgrade at QB and we'll have given up the 1.1 and the 2.2. That's pissing away the best draft picks you can have.

I am thinking they really like Ryan Nassib out of Syracuse..

We would basically trading Albert (while replacing him with a better prospect coming out of college in Joeckel) and getting Alex Smith and Ryan Nassib...

That is how am looking at it, anyway..

Tribal Warfare 03-22-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9520699)
Plan and simple Albert is gone because he will cost to much going forth. He is going to cost us $9 million+ this year and will be $11 million + if we tagged him again. Only to see him walk after that following year. We just aren't going to pay him the money he wants long term. So why not get something for him while he is at his highest market price?

Who is to say Joeckel won't be a better LT than Albert... there is a strong possibility for that. Then you add on top of that you have a younger player that doesn't have injury concerns and he costs less money. This allows more cap space for KC going forth looking at things long term (not just the present like fans look at it).

Again it is very apparent KC is moving Albert... you don't become this vocal about it unless your planning to do something. This regime isn't married to Albert as they didn't draft him. They made the decision that Bowe was worth more to KC than Albert.

Not really, with the scheme he was playing in and the QB that he was protecting has really helped his draft stock and to disguise his weaknesses.

ModSocks 03-22-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9520701)
Reminds me of desperate 40 year old women who have never been married.

They want to announce to the world that they got their Husband (in their case QB) because it's what's right to do, but yet they are just going by title without knowing that it's the right guy for them.

It all ends in divorce no matter what way you look at it.

You couldn't be more wrong. Once again, YOU guys brought Geno into this discussion. No one else. We're talking about the Chiefs using the 1.1 to make a lateral move.

siberian khatru 03-22-2013 10:25 AM

Using the No. 1 pick to fill a hole of your own creation. Awesome.

ModSocks 03-22-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJay (Post 9520707)
I am thinking they really like Ryan Nassib out of Syracuse..

And why would you think that?

CoMoChief 03-22-2013 10:25 AM

hes worth a 1st

The Franchise 03-22-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9520708)
Not really, with the scheme he was playing in and the QB that he was protecting has really helped his draft stock and to disguise his weaknesses.

This. It's pretty easy to block pass rushers who have to worry about containment and can't pin their ears back and straight rush the QB.

O.city 03-22-2013 10:26 AM

@OmarKelly: I'm sensing Branden Albert was more of a smoke screen than reality for the Dolphins. That's not Ireland's style. Just isn't.

Hammock Parties 03-22-2013 10:26 AM

Like I said yesterday...

Goodbye, Branden.

**** you, Reid & Dorsey.

DaneMcCloud 03-22-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9520700)
22 guys off the street part 2.

What?

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-22-2013 10:26 AM

If Scott ***** drafted Joeckel and traded for Alex Smith, what would you say?

You need to divorce the individual making the decisions from the decisions themselves.

suds79 03-22-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9520713)
hes worth a 1st

Not for a LT. When was the last time a LT was traded for a 1st?

Think the Alex Smith trade (keep in mind asking price for QBs is high) has skewed what we think other positions are worth.

... Not even trying to say Albert isn't a good player. Just saying if he was worth a 1st, they'd be able to get a first. Won't happen.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-22-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9520716)
@OmarKelly: I'm sensing Branden Albert was more of a smoke screen than reality for the Dolphins. That's not Ireland's style. Just isn't.

Meh...he is just a radio guy.

He also was next to certain that Manning was going end up as a fish last year...

RunKC 03-22-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9520694)
Fine

That still leaves you with a rookie LT and a first time RT in front of Alex smith who already gets sacked a lot.

Elite LT prospect + OU RT got the Vikings to the playoffs last year and they have a way shittier QB than we do.

Hammock Parties 03-22-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9520553)
I'm going to assume Joeckel would be an upgrade to Albert if it happens

Homer on!

He'll probably give up 10 sacks this year.