ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Donks are NOT ALLOWED TO GO TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133851)

GT Orange 01-15-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
Haha! You're such a bitter little bitch. I didn't figure you'd give Plummer his due respect. He was nails out there.

My favorite Plummer moment from this game was on 3rd and seven, when he threw and incomplete pass to Rod Smith, only to have the play nullified by a holding call on Tatum Bell. So now it's 3rd and 17, and Plummer throws a 24 yard dart to Jeb Putzier to the New England 12. That was awesome.

One of the great things about that play is that the camera showed Bellichek pausing for a moment and then telling the ref to take the penalty and back them up. He was so sure that Plummer couldn't POSSIBLY convert a 3rd and 17... :LOL:

Taco John 01-15-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopeeking
What's interesting is that you were harping on Plummer last year in the playoffs for his pathetic performance on third down. 3 out of 12.

Last night it was 4 out of 14.

Yep...Plummer was NAILS!

No doubt. I was really down on Plummer when he was freelancing and playing outside of the game plan and making stupid mistakes because of it. Now that he's playing under the game plan and understands that he doesn't have to do everything, he's been a real treat to have. His mobility gives us some great options, especially against blitzing teams. I look forward to Rod Smith and Tatum Bell to have big games against the Steelers.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2006 11:54 PM

I didn't know Champ Bailey was that fast on that INT return. A couple Patriots had a chance at him at about the 15 yard line, IIRC, but he just turned on the jets. He almost ran too fast for his blockers.

|Zach| 01-15-2006 11:56 PM

Broncos fans spend so much time talking about the media I question if most of them even realize a game of football was played.

|Zach| 01-15-2006 11:57 PM

I am 22. I wonder if I see 2 1 yard drives for touchdowns in a game during the span of my life.

Taco John 01-16-2006 12:00 AM

It's the playoffs, baby...

I can't wait until the NFL Channel Game of the Week review of this one. I've said it before, I only hoped for a single playoff win this year. Everything from here on out is icing for me. Stuff like the NFL Channel Game of the Week review will keep me smiling all summer long. Stuff like winning the AFC Championship or even the Superbowl... That's the stuff that five year smiles are made of.

Nzoner 01-16-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder
I didn't know Champ Bailey was that fast on that INT return. A couple Patriots had a chance at him at about the 15 yard line, IIRC, but he just turned on the jets. He almost ran too fast for his blockers.

Maybe he had a flashback of running from the cops.

gcbroncos 01-16-2006 12:09 AM

i'm happy

tk13 01-16-2006 12:22 AM

Here, you want a sickening stat...

If the Broncos win Sunday... from Super Bowl 20 through 40, the Broncos, Bills, and Patriots will make up 15 of the 21 AFC representatives in the Super Bowl. Yeaaaah parity!

Taco John 01-16-2006 12:30 AM

Nice to be part of the elite. :)

Dunit35 01-16-2006 12:53 AM

Im rooting for the Steelers on this one. Sorry Taco.

listopencil 01-16-2006 01:39 AM

It shouldn't bother any of you. After all, so many of you like to point how long ago it was that we won it back-to-back. I guess we're due. BTW, gochiefs-please keep starting these karma-inducing threads. The Football Gods love karma.

listopencil 01-16-2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Here, you want a sickening stat...

If the Broncos win Sunday... from Super Bowl 20 through 40, the Broncos, Bills, and Patriots will make up 15 of the 21 AFC representatives in the Super Bowl. Yeaaaah parity!

That's nuts. I never really thought about it.

Taco John 01-16-2006 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Broncos fans spend so much time talking about the media I question if most of them even realize a game of football was played.

It's my observation that KC is very media oriented too, but in a more 'dysfunctional family' way. KC media battles eachother publically, not to mention their readers. In KC, the interest is certainly on what the team is doing, but also what "So and so" is saying about the team. And what "whatsisname" is saying about "So and so." And how "whats his nuts" doesn't have enough cred to talk about the team. And what do you think "So and so" will say next.

Denver doesn't have that.

SoCalBronco 01-16-2006 02:18 AM

All this talk is just rationalization based upon fear by GoChiefs. Its all fear talking. He absolutely cannot stand the idea that Denver is in a fairly good position to win it all if they take care of business. This is all fear talking, he cant take whats happening, so he is just being an attack dog on every point regardless of logic or truth or whatever.