ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Compendium of Geno Hope (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271542)

Direckshun 03-28-2013 11:00 AM

The Compendium of Geno Hope

Looking at everything as a whole, it doesn't seem very likely that Geno is the Chiefs pick.

Looking at specific things, however, we see a glimmer of hope.

1. Alex Smith has not been extended.

2. Alex Smith was brought in to "stabilize" the QB position, not to ostensibly win a Super Bowl.

3. Geno is a natural fit in the WCO.

4. The Jaguars are hunting for Matt Flynn, which suggests that they will not be in the Geno market, making a trade down from 1.1 unlikely.

5. Outside of tackle, there are no particularly obvious 1.1 picks.

6. The Chiefs have said they want to make Branden Albert the left tackle of the future.

7. Geno threw extremely well at the Combine with a Chiefs WR coach standing right next to him.

KCDC 03-28-2013 03:11 PM

8?. Reid and Roberts read CP and realize the risks they run in perpetuating decades of failure to draft a franchise QB.

9?. Robert's wife, an attorney at a KC law firm, hears from a flood of colleagues that without Geno, there is no hope, and questioning the sanity of her husband after the AS trade. So, she comes around to try and defend her husband and works on him to come to his senses.

Dante84 03-28-2013 04:49 PM

Wtf is Roberts?

Saccopoo 03-28-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9536272)
Wtf is Roberts?

He's the guy that replaced Dorsey after Dorsey told Clark Hunt that he wasn't drafting Geno.

He's also got a wife at a KC law firm.

Weird set of coincidences, no?

Dante84 03-29-2013 09:47 AM

lol.

I love how it wasn't even close, either. I have no idea where he would have confused Dorsey with "Roberts".

AussieChiefsFan 03-29-2013 08:20 PM

Where's our daily mock?!?!?!

patteeu 03-29-2013 09:45 PM

What makes Geno a natural fit for the WCO? It seems like Alex Smith is more of a natural fit, doesn't it?

aturnis 03-29-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9540329)
What makes Geno a natural fit for the WCO?

Really?

BossChief 03-29-2013 09:53 PM

Another reason for genuine hope...that every other team that was interested in Geno has moved on to vets like Palmer and Flynn almost immediately after we announced that we are bringing him to KC for a 2 day workout/visit.

That might be because they see a 2 day visit in KC as a sign we are gonna draft Geno at 1 and he is no longer a possibility.

patteeu 03-29-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9540343)
Really?

Yeah, really. If West Virginia's airraid offense is anything like the offense Mike Leach ran at Texas Tech, I don't see a lot of similarity with the WCO.

Hammock Parties 03-29-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9540352)
That might be because they see a 2 day visit in KC as a sign we are gonna draft Geno at 1 and he is no longer a possibility.

You're getting me all hot for Geno lovin

BossChief 03-29-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9540392)
You're getting me all hot for Geno lovin

Real talk

Jacksonville was supposedly blown away during their private workout...Arizona really liked him...Phillis owner and everyone else loved him...Oakland loves him.

Then, we leak info that we are gonna have a 2 day workout/visit with Geno IN KC (coincidentally scheduled for the day that Chiefs players will be there for other workouts) ...

Hours later, EVERYBODY starts looking elsewhere for qbs.

IMO one of two things happened...

1) We already traded down with someone who will take Geno at one and we just haven't announced it.

2) they all think Geno is gone and are moving on to other options.

Hammock Parties 03-29-2013 11:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/pQcg60Q.jpg

AussieChiefsFan 03-29-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9540545)

I really do.

Chiefshrink 03-30-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9540413)
Real talk

Jacksonville was supposedly blown away during their private workout...Arizona really liked him...Phillis owner and everyone else loved him...Oakland loves him.

Then, we leak info that we are gonna have a 2 day workout/visit with Geno IN KC (coincidentally scheduled for the day that Chiefs players will be there for other workouts) ...

Hours later, EVERYBODY starts looking elsewhere for qbs.

IMO one of two things happened...

1) We already traded down with someone who will take Geno at one and we just haven't announced it.

2) they all think Geno is gone and are moving on to other options.

:hmmm: As Billy Joel once said, "You may be right" !!