ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games MMO Players and Games (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272051)

kaplin42 04-16-2013 09:09 AM

OP Updated

TrickyNicky 04-16-2013 09:57 AM

im willing to play anything that is f2p. i just really enjoyed Shards of Dalaya. With a group or two we could go for adept runs.

ModSocks 04-16-2013 10:05 AM

I play WoW Right now. I actually started playing WoW back in Beta testing, and quit playing it a few months before the 1st expansion was released. I quit playing it for about 6-7 years and recently came back to it about a year ago.

Yeah, the game has changed a lot. The introduction to Transmogrification has made old raids relevant again in addition to all of the new content. The addition to Arena Seasons etc was all new to me when i came back.

I play with my wife and brother in law every night. We've pretty much substituted it for T.V. If it wasn't for football, i'd probably cancel my DirecTV.

But, MMO's can envelope you. You can get lost all day in one.

That's why i treat it the same way i do marijuana. Don't do it until your day is over and you've done everything you need to do that day. Including working out.

keg in kc 04-16-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9591672)
Don't do it until your day is over and you've done everything you need to do that day. Including working out.

Yep.

Biggest mistake I (repeatedly) make is logging into SWTOR for a few minutes after I wake up to set up some crew skills and missions (aka crafting). Next thing I know it's bedtime and I'm wondering where the day has gone.

hometeam 04-16-2013 08:51 PM

If people wanted to do gw2 I already have the chiefsplanet guild founded and a modest amount of gold/equip, as well as basically every role level 80 character to support with. Unfortunately GW2 is not technically 'free' its buy to play. One time buying the game and free access after that. As for other MMOs I have an open mind to playing pretty much anything that isnt a massive grind. So no Korean MMO's , WoW, or EQ

listopencil 04-17-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9591672)
I play WoW Right now. I actually started playing WoW back in Beta testing, and quit playing it a few months before the 1st expansion was released. I quit playing it for about 6-7 years and recently came back to it about a year ago.

Yeah, the game has changed a lot. The introduction to Transmogrification has made old raids relevant again in addition to all of the new content. The addition to Arena Seasons etc was all new to me when i came back.

I play with my wife and brother in law every night. We've pretty much substituted it for T.V. If it wasn't for football, i'd probably cancel my DirecTV.

But, MMO's can envelope you. You can get lost all day in one.

That's why i treat it the same way i do marijuana. Don't do it until your day is over and you've done everything you need to do that day. Including working out.

I started playing at the release of BC. I go hot and cold with how much I play. Been cold for a few months. My guild gave up trying to get me to tank things for them finally. That's the nice thing about not logging on for days at a time.

listopencil 04-17-2013 01:19 AM

Oh, and if WoW does one more 5 level expac I'm done. **** diminishing returns.

Javabean 04-17-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9594148)
If people wanted to do gw2 I already have the chiefsplanet guild founded and a modest amount of gold/equip, as well as basically every role level 80 character to support with. Unfortunately GW2 is not technically 'free' its buy to play. One time buying the game and free access after that. As for other MMOs I have an open mind to playing pretty much anything that isnt a massive grind. So no Korean MMO's , WoW, or EQ

Sent a PM requesting an invite.

GW2 and Neverwinter are my first choices, but I could probably be talked into trying The Old Republic again. I had a level 47ish Jedi Guardian and a couple of other characters in the teens.

Also, if you guys aren't digging Neverwinter, another "MMO" releasing soon is Marvel Heroes. It's not a classic MMO, though -- it's basically an iteration of Diablo with Marvel characters. But it'll be F2P, and if you like Diablo and Marvel, you should like this a lot.

hometeam 04-17-2013 10:10 PM

Just a heads up folks, gw2 is having free trial weekend

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...d-april-19-21/

Now’s your chance to see what changes we’ve made to the most critically acclaimed MMO of 2012! From April 19-21, 2013 we’re hosting another huge Guild Wars 2 free trial weekend.
We’re partnering with the following websites to distribute serial codes for the upcoming free trial weekend:
Ten Ton Hammer
GameSpot
Twitch.TV
MMORPG
Curse
PC Gamer
ZAM
If you receive a free trial code from one of our partners, you’ll need to register it just as you would the regular Guild Wars 2 serial code at https://register.guildwars2.com/.
If you played in our previous free trial weekend in November 2012, you’re invited too!

Your former free trial account will be active for the April 19-21 event—to prepare, just update your game client by double-clicking the Guild Wars 2 icon on your desktop, or go to https://account.guildwars2.com/and sign in to download and install the game again!
The Guild Wars 2 free trial weekend begins at 12:01 AM PDT on Friday, April 19, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM PDT on Sunday, April 21, 2013
Got a question about the free trial? Check out our Free Trial FAQ.

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/ap...tail/a_id/9291

hometeam 04-17-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 9594744)
Sent a PM requesting an invite.

GW2 and Neverwinter are my first choices, but I could probably be talked into trying The Old Republic again. I had a level 47ish Jedi Guardian and a couple of other characters in the teens.

Also, if you guys aren't digging Neverwinter, another "MMO" releasing soon is Marvel Heroes. It's not a classic MMO, though -- it's basically an iteration of Diablo with Marvel characters. But it'll be F2P, and if you like Diablo and Marvel, you should like this a lot.

I cant get into Marvel Heroes at all, I was in one of the first wave of Beta invitations and have tried it during multiple beta sessions. Seems like a clunky crappy diablo 2 with licensing.

RedDread 04-17-2013 11:31 PM

If Bethesda does not totally screw it up, my next one will be Elder Scrolls Online.

Javabean 04-18-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9598089)
I cant get into Marvel Heroes at all, I was in one of the first wave of Beta invitations and have tried it during multiple beta sessions. Seems like a clunky crappy diablo 2 with licensing.

It is a Diablo 2 clone with licensing, although I'd say it's a well-done Diablo 2 clone -- much better than Diablo 3, at least. But if you don't like those kinds of games, you won't like Marvel Heroes.

hometeam 04-18-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 9598521)
It is a Diablo 2 clone with licensing, although I'd say it's a well-done Diablo 2 clone -- much better than Diablo 3, at least. But if you don't like those kinds of games, you won't like Marvel Heroes.

loved d2, and put in 350 hours or so and 3 80s on d3. Marvel heros just felt.. awkward, slow, not... fun.. I guess?

Doesn't give me the same enjoyment I get from firing up Torchlight2 thats for sure.

Jerm 04-19-2013 10:21 PM

Just to be clear, I'd be down to play EQ...never have but I'd def. would.

Lzen 04-20-2013 07:38 AM

Oh man I spent a lot of hours in EQ on the Sony PS 2 about 9-10 years ago. The last version wad EQ Frontiers. Had a level 55 (out of 60) elf ranger and a good group of friends I met in game that I played with regularly. Good times.