ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC signs Gaither (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248361)

royr17 08-14-2011 12:00 PM

The question is, is Gaither going to be the starting left tackle or the backup ? And if the starter, then where are they going to put Albert, on the right side ?

Sure-Oz 08-14-2011 12:03 PM

I'd assume for now backup albert and hopefully move him to RT and Gaither to LT

royr17 08-14-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7824627)
I'd assume for now backup albert and hopefully move him to RT and Gaither to LT

Thats kinda what I had in mind, he right now is not familiar with the offense, and needs to learn their blocking scheme first.

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-14-2011 12:17 PM

Gaither will get his first look at left tackle
The Chiefs won't practice until later this afternoon and coach Todd Haley said when they do, the recently signed Jared Gaither will be working as a left tackle.

Gaither can eventually be moved to right tackle if the Chiefs see the need. But at least to start, he'll be on the left side.

Interesting move but not unexpected. In his two seasons as Baltimore's starting left tackle, Gaither was better than Branden Albert has been during his time as the Chiefs' starter at that position.

If Gaither works out the way the Chiefs hope, Albert should probably prepare to make the move over to the other side of the line himself.

Meantime, the Chiefs need to get Gaither into playing shape.

''This is a guy that's been out, hasn't been part of an off-season program, like everybody else,'' Haley said. ''He also missed a couple of weeks so even thought I believe he’s been working on his own, the number one deal for him is going to be the strength and conditioning aspect. He got a couple of good workouts over the weekend and we’re going to continue that.''

''First and foremost is trying to get him into a baseline physical condition that we feel like gives him a chance to succeed.''

Smed1065 08-14-2011 12:21 PM

Nice and quiet as always.

ChiefsCountry 08-14-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 7822480)
As the way I see it, Albert just isnt a LT in the nfl period, he'd be better suited at RT or G, so here to hoping Gaither can step in and be the LT and the chiefs draft a RT in the draft next year.

Albert struggles with speed rushers, yes, but Richardson is worse, hell Richardson could probably be a Guard and be good there.

Awesome thanks for making Albert a Pro Bowler.

tonyetony 08-14-2011 12:27 PM

If Albert doesn't step it up I don't think he'll beat Richardson out of the starting RT position.

BossChief 08-14-2011 12:43 PM

Albert would have the same problems on the right side IMO.

If Gaither takes over as the teams LT (which it seems may only be a matter of time unless the light switch for Albert goes on), he should be moved to guard and Lilja should back up both guard positions.

I would be shocked if we didnt add another RT sometime before the start ofthe regular season.