ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs WILL Make A Strong Run At Post-Season Play! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147961)

petegz28 09-17-2006 07:45 PM

Chiefs WILL Make A Strong Run At Post-Season Play!

Look at it this way....

Only the Chiefs opened with their first 2 games agains Playoff teams.

Denver SHOULD be 0-2. We will get them back on Turkey Day

Oakland just , well...Oakland is Oakland

San Diego....Ah the biggest magic show in the NFL right now. Who have the Chargers played? Oakland and Tennesee.

Huard or Green if this D continues to improve and play as they have been we will challenge for the Division Title.

We still have Seattle, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

We also have the 49rs, Cardinals, Browns and Rams. As well as Oakland twice. That should be 6 wins right there. Split with Denver and SD and defend our home against Seattle and the Jags and we are all the sudden 10-6.

Keep the faith the season is young. Marty Ball is back. But then again Marty Ball got us in the playoffs a lot too.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-17-2006 07:53 PM

With Herm we will lose games to teams we should run out of the building because he is unwilling to step on their throat when it is time to take them out. Count on us going no better than .500 against the NFC teams and dropping one or both games against the Jags and Seahawks.

We're going 6-10.

petegz28 09-17-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
With Herm we will lose games to teams we should run out of the building because he is unwilling to step on their throat when it is time to take them out. Count on us going no better than .500 against the NFC teams and dropping one or both games against the Jags and Seahawks.

We're going 6-10.

Sorry I think if we continue to get better as the season goes on which teams tend to do we will win the division.

It's not how you start it's how you finish.

Hammock Parties 09-17-2006 08:26 PM

Denver is going to get DESTROYED in the next two games.

@New England
Baltimore

mississippichiefan 09-17-2006 08:35 PM

I agree , we can and will make a playoff run because we now have a defense !!! doesn't it feel great to say that !!! Go Chiefs !!

007 09-17-2006 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28
Look at it this way....

Only the Chiefs opened with their first 2 games agains Playoff teams.

Denver SHOULD be 0-2. We will get them back on Turkey Day

Oakland just , well...Oakland is Oakland

San Diego....Ah the biggest magic show in the NFL right now. Who have the Chargers played? Oakland and Tennesee.

Huard or Green if this D continues to improve and play as they have been we will challenge for the Division Title.

We still have Seattle, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

We also have the 49rs, Cardinals, Browns and Rams. As well as Oakland twice. That should be 6 wins right there. Split with Denver and SD and defend our home against Seattle and the Jags and we are all the sudden 10-6.

Keep the faith the season is young. Marty Ball is back. But then again Marty Ball got us in the playoffs a lot too.

Amen.

Sure-Oz 09-17-2006 08:38 PM

I don't think denver will be as good as last year, they barely beat us at home with our backup qb.

petegz28 09-17-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
I don't think denver will be as good as last year, they barely beat us at home with our backup qb.

Their recievers are old and slow. They made great catches today because that is what it took. They really were covered most of the day.

If we can ever get some push up the middle we are going to be a devistating defense cause Allen and Hali are fucking fast!

runnercyclist 09-17-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mississippichiefan
I agree , we can and will make a playoff run because we now have a defense !!! doesn't it feel great to say that !!! Go Chiefs !!

Herm EDwards > ick Vermeil

Go Defense!

Raiderhater 09-17-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins

We're going 6-10.

The same thing happened under Vermiel, though for entirely different reasons, but the out come was still the same.

1ChiefsDan 09-17-2006 09:04 PM

Rock on - you are right on track. Doncos should have lost that game and all the donco fans know it All the haters out there need to keep in mind that it is still early in the season. We will come win games. Take a deep breath next weekend - relax and get back on board for the 49ers. Too many posts on this site sound like donco bandwagon fans (the sky is falling, the sky is falling) - in there case I hope it is true - for the Chiefs - I think today showed we are willing to fight.

Tribal Warfare 09-17-2006 09:04 PM

Major ass :homer: thread

petegz28 09-17-2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Major ass :homer: thread

rochambeau

Sully 09-18-2006 06:14 AM

So under this assumption... we are the only team that has room to improve this season?

BWillie 09-18-2006 06:25 AM

Sickening..how on earth are people happy about this loss? 0-2. 0 and f***ing two. Do you realize we're averaging six points a game? I guess it's fine with you people to just not score huh? Well you have to score to win the damn game I don't know if you noticed that. Who is to say you can't try to score touchdowns and have a good defense?

petegz28 09-18-2006 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
Sickening..how on earth are people happy about this loss? 0-2. 0 and f***ing two. Do you realize we're averaging six points a game? I guess it's fine with you people to just not score huh? Well you have to score to win the damn game I don't know if you noticed that. Who is to say you can't try to score touchdowns and have a good defense?

Yeah how many pionts a Denver scored this year?

Get over it we had a back up QB in the game.

PastorMikH 09-18-2006 07:20 AM

You know, I think it is funny that everyone is throwing in the towel. We're down 0-2 sure. But I saw improvement yesterday over the week before (O-Line, D, Parker catchig the ball, etc). Maybe we don't have an O that can put up 48 points anymore. So what? How many playoff games did that get us? In the 90s we had the D and went to the playoffs regularly.

This D is coming together. A month from now the no huddles won't phaze them like it did with Cinnci Once Green gets back, this will be a tough team for anyone to beat on any field.

Dark Horse 09-18-2006 07:41 AM

With the way our defense is playing I believe we can still get it done this year. Our offense is suffering right now without Green and Roaf, but we will get Green back and Solari will fix the blocking, the run blocking was already improved. This team could look a lot like the Steelers last year.

NaptownChief 09-18-2006 07:42 AM

Let me help those out that can't do the math.....For this team to go to the playoffs at a minimum it will need to go 10-4 in it's final 14 games...If things were to by chance play out like last year where 10-6 wasn't good enough then that means we might need to go 11-3 in the final 14 games. You are punch drunk and silly from too many Carl Peterson drafts if you think this team is going to go 10-4 or better with or without Trent Green under center and Herm Average on the sidelines.

If Brody Croyle has a decent grasp on the offense it is about time to put him out there and see if we are in the Brady Quinn/Drew Stanton sweepstakes or the top OT sweepstakes....

|Zach| 09-18-2006 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heh

Robo-Chachi 09-18-2006 07:57 AM

I'm certaintly not down on the team. Well, I'm a little more down now that we're 0-2, but the above makes a lot of positive assumptions. We're headed for an 8-8 season, 9-7 AT BEST.

Hendrix68 09-18-2006 08:27 AM

sorry, charlie.

Don't let this crummy team sucker you in again.

No offensive line in the NFL= NO PRAYER.

NO wr's= NO prayer.

At least the defense is markedly better.

So we lose 9-6 instead of 41-38... I feel better .

ahem.

NJ Chief Fan 09-18-2006 08:36 AM

if there is one thing living in jersey about herm, is that his jets' teams always seemed to start off the season very sluggish and improving as the season went on

InChiefsHeaven 09-18-2006 08:36 AM

Quote:

Hey now, it's 8 points! Get it right! :shake:

Larry's fumble killed us. SHeot. On the 6 yard line on the opening drive in Dungver, you CAN'T fumble the ball...

...but I do feel better about this team's ability to compete. I don't feel like making any predictions yet, but it feels like we will have a winning record...maybe not playoffs, but at least a winning record.

oldandslow 09-18-2006 08:53 AM

The next 2 games will tell the tale of our season...

2-0...we maybe have a chance...

anything else...let Croyle play. He won't fumble the hand-offs any more than Huard will.

NaptownChief 09-18-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow
The next 2 games will tell the tale of our season...

2-0...we maybe have a chance...

anything else...let Croyle play. He won't fumble the hand-offs any more than Huard will.

Agreed on both fronts.

Halfcan 09-18-2006 09:05 AM

ROFL

Chiefnj 09-18-2006 09:17 AM

What the Chiefs have going for them right now is the AFC West.

The Raiders look like one of the worst NFL teams in the history of the game.

The Broncos through two weeks look very questionable for whatever reason. (Plummer can't handle the stress of having Cutler looking over his shoulder?)

The Chargers are playing well, but they still have an inexperienced QB.

chiefqueen 09-18-2006 09:19 AM

San Diego WILL win the division easily. May even win it Thanksgiving weekend.

Denver is a 7-9 team.

KC is a 5-11 team.

Oakland will be lucky to get 2 wins.

SD is a 14-2 team and I think this is finally the year Marty goes to the SB IMO.

|Zach| 09-18-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen

Denver is a 7-9 team.

KC is a 5-11 team.

Oakland will be lucky to get 2 wins.

SD is a 14-2 team and I think this is finally the year Marty goes to the SB IMO.

ROFL

SD beats literally the two worst teams in the NFL and now they are going to the Superbowl!!!!!

NaptownChief 09-18-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Zach)
ROFL

SD beats literally the two worst teams in the NFL and now they are going to the Superbowl!!!!!

It isn't like they just squeaked by two bad teams...They crushed them like really good teams should really bad teams.

Calcountry 09-18-2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Zach)
ROFL

They are the best 2-0 team to play chitty teams in the NFL.

|Zach| 09-18-2006 10:52 AM

THE CHARGERS ARE WINNING THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!

HemiEd 09-18-2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Do you realize we're averaging six points a game?

It has been a long time since I took a math class but....

10+6=16 devided by 2 = 8

PastorMikH 09-18-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen

I'll buy into that once SD plays a good team or two and wins.

InChiefsHeaven 09-18-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
It has been a long time since I took a math class but....

10+6=16 devided by 2 = 8

But six points a game makes it sound much more dramatic...now be quiet...
:p

InChiefsHeaven 09-18-2006 12:10 PM

The Chargers have not played anyone scary yet, but let's face it, they are beating the living hell out of the teams they have played...right now, I'd say they are among the NFL's best, because they are dominating. When they play some really good teams, we'll see. But I don't see them suddenly not being competative against any team in this league.

GoodDaySir! 09-18-2006 12:46 PM

Unless you beat out the Chargers for the division, it will be tough to catch a wildcard in the AFC.

The AFC West has the good fortune of playing the AFC North this year with (1-0) Pittsburgh, (2-0) Cincinnati, and (2-0) Baltimore.

On top of that, with Jacksonville and Indy in the South, I think there will be another 10 win team staying home for the playoffs this year.

Chief Chief 09-18-2006 01:01 PM

Since one of our games went 5:10 into overtime, KC has actually scored 16 points in 125:10 (7,510 seconds) which equates to 0.12782952 points per minute or 7.6697712 points per 60 minutes of play.

HemiEd 09-18-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Chief
Since one of our games went 5:10 into overtime, KC has actually scored 16 points in 125:10 (7,510 seconds) which equates to 0.12782952 points per minute or 7.6697712 points per 60 minutes of play.

And when you round it up since you can not score part of a point it is still 8 ****ing points.

Chief Chief 09-18-2006 01:18 PM

But rounding up the number actually makes the Chiefs look better than they really are, and you're trying to statistically show how the Chiefs aren't scoring many points, and I'm trying to support your position with some valid statistics, and you're dissing my factual information by rounding up numbers, which makes the Chiefs appear to be really better than they truly are, yet you argued earlier that they're not really scoring alot of points at all, and I worked hard to figure up TO THE TEN MILLIONTH percentage placement how many points they're actually acquiring to solidly back your side of the debate, yet you lash out at me for doing that, and..(repeat ad infinitum, or at least ten million times, whichever comes first)...