ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9042201)
Who you gonna take then?

I hope I'm taking one of the three. I hope one of them will be there. I wouldn't trade up for any of them. I like Wilson the best right now. All I know is that there are alot of excuses for Geno right now and there were alot of excuses over the years for Cassel too. Everyone has a bad game or two but, I am tired of excuses. Nobody is making excuses for Wilson or Barkley. Geno has some ledgit flaws and he is no where near Andrew Luck or RGIII. I like the guy and think he has potential but, you gotta be crazy if you think he will be our savior or something after watching the tape.

notorious 10-23-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9042210)
My Geno boner is at half mast. It needs cheering up.......

It will get cheered up against TCU and OSU.

Chiefnj2 10-23-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9042201)
Who you gonna take then?

IMO, it'll be a 3 man race - Wilson, Barkley and Smith. The networks will love it because there won't be a consensus.

The big question I have right now is what can Smith do under pressure? Over the next few weeks can he show that he can move around the pocket and still find open receivers? Can he go through reads? Can he make chicken salad out of chicken shit?

notorious 10-23-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9042235)
how their line would hold up against Big 12 .

Man, they are really bad.

We are talking Chiefs 2007-2008 bad.

Brock 10-23-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9042250)
The big question I have right now is what can Smith do under pressure? Over the next few weeks can he show that he can move around the pocket and still find open receivers? Can he go through reads? Can he make chicken salad out of chicken shit?

It doesn't seem like it.

RealSNR 10-23-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9042156)
He did not look poised the last two weeks.

I'd like to see Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning or ANY QB make plays when your OL sucks and the defense has the PERFECT solution to your wide-open offensive playbook.

Those QBs surely wouldn't challenge the deep safeties- that would result in lots of bad throws and INTs. If they throw underneath, the offense is designed to get the underneath guys room to run. TT nor KSU gave them that, so Geno was stuck doing this dink and dunk shit for ineffective gains.

The only way to solve that is to beast out in the running game. And their OL was incapable of creating holes. Buie isn't terrible, but he's not an elite back.

RGIII could have rolled with this team because he has the ability to scramble and force teams to always account for his running ability. Geno doesn't have that. He's got good mobility in the pocket and can/will scramble effectively when he has to, but he's a pocket QB.

He was pretty ****ing poised considering the shit sandwich he had served to him by his shitty coach.

htismaqe 10-23-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

IMO, it'll be a 3 man race - Wilson, Barkley and Smith. The networks will love it because there won't be a consensus.

I don't want any part of Barkley. At all.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 09:42 AM

People laugh but, I am telling you guys, we need the best leader of the three. Talent wise, none of them are all that imo. In a good year for QBs, I think all of them go at the end of the first to the early second.

We need the guy that comes back and wins games, carries the team for short periods, converts third downs, makes the plays that have to be made, and is a clear cut field general who is in absolute command of the offense.

That's what we need to be looking for because the rest of their traits aren't that different.

BossChief 10-23-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Phobia made a nice observation after the KSt game.

Geno looked like Stanzi did under pressure.

htismaqe 10-23-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9042275)
People laugh but, I am telling you guys, we need the best leader of the three. Talent wise, none of them are all that imo. In a good year for QBs, I think all of them go at the end of the first to the early second.

We need the guy that comes back and wins games, carries the team for short periods, converts third downs, makes the plays that have to be made, and is a clear cut field general who is in absolute command of the offense.

That's what we need to be looking for because the rest of their traits aren't that different.

What if NONE OF THEM are that?

Barkley looks a lot like Leinart with a slightly better deep ball.

Wilson looks almost like an anti-leader at this point.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9042291)
Phobia made a nice observation after the KSt game.

Geno looked like Stanzi did under pressure.

Texas Tech pressure. What would it look like under Denver Broncos pressure?

Chiefnj2 10-23-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9042292)

Why do you say that?

htismaqe 10-23-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9042296)
Texas Tech pressure. What would it look like under Denver Broncos pressure?

It's most certainly not that simple.

suds79 10-23-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9042274)
I don't want any part of Barkley. At all.

Yeah I'm with ya. I just think his tools are so average.

Right now I'm

1 - Geno
2 - Wilson

I wouldn't be upset with Wilson at all. I just don't want Barkley.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9042292)

I would say you read some crap from ESPN about the comments he made after the Bama game and didn't watch the interview. Wilson is the only leader on that team. They don't even have a coach. Those players love him.

Wilson reminds me of Jay Cutler. I think he is misunderstood. I definately think he is the most pro ready of the three with Barkley a close second. When I see Geno, I see a guy that could crack if you started him the first year. He has happy feet right now. He would need to sit a while.