ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9043250)
DT is the weakest position in this draft? There are like TEN potential first round defensive tackles, of which about five are juniors. I think you are a bronco-fan-mult trolling this community.

There are three first rounders and the rest are not looking good. I am including the underclassmen. The weird thing is that all three could be 3-4 NTs. Pretty ironic after we spent several years trying to find a NT. These are the three.

Hankins, Ohio State

Lotulelei, Utah

Jenkins, UGA

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9043268)
Like Flacco used to do at Delaware? Are we suggesting that Smith isn't a finished product yet?

I don't know what Joe did at Delaware and I doubt you do either. We all watch alot of Smith and no, he's not a finished product. However, every week I am looking for the same things and not seeing them in Geno. There are still games to be played.

Nightfyre 10-23-2012 02:21 PM

Kawann Short?
Louis Nix?
Sharrif Floyd?
Bennie Logan?

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9043281)
I don't know what Joe did at Delaware.

And that's the point. He was considered by many to be a second-round prospect coming out. There were legit flaws and concerns with him, as there are with all prospects.

Point is, the good outweighs the bad, and teams have to take a shot. It looks like the Chiefs are finally getting in the game.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9043286)
Kawann Short?
Louis Nix?
Sharrif Floyd?
Bennie Logan?

Second rounders imo.

Nightfyre 10-23-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9043291)
Second rounders imo.

Well, at least we can establish that your opinion is worth less than shit.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9043287)
And that's the point. He was considered by many to be a second-round prospect coming out. There were legit flaws and concerns with him, as there are with all prospects.

Point is, the good outweighs the bad, and teams have to take a shot. It looks like the Chiefs are finally getting in the game.

I am for taking a shot. However, odds are he's going to bust and that's my point. Too many people are falling in love on the first date.

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9043298)
I am for taking a shot. However, odds are he's going to bust and that's my point. Too many people are falling in love on the first date.

He might. And? No big deal; take another shot. That's what legitimate franchises do.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9043302)
He might. And? No big deal; take another shot. That's what legitimate franchises do.

Yep, I agree.

All I am saying is let's not make the 2013 QBs something they are not.

ChiefsCountry 10-23-2012 02:37 PM

Why are you guys still arguing with the dipshit? He is clearly ****ing stupid, just ignore it.

Nightfyre 10-23-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9043302)

Seriously. It can't be worse than the last 20 year playoff drought. We may not even have to give up extra picks to pick Smith. Fantastic. If I am the Chiefs and wind up with the first or second overall I would draft Smith in the first and look at Logan Thomas in the third or fourth as well.

DeezNutz 10-23-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9043337)
Seriously. It can't be worse than the last 20 year playoff drought. We may not even have to give up extra picks to pick Smith. Fantastic. If I am the Chiefs and wind up with the first or second overall I would draft Smith in the first and look at Logan Thomas in the third or fourth as well.

Not a bad idea at all. I would love for Murray to drop into the third, and then I'd go get him in addition to a first-round QB.

Nightfyre 10-23-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9043345)
Not a bad idea at all. I would love for Murray to drop into the third, and then I'd go get him in addition to a first-round QB.

I am also pretty high on Murray.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9043337)

I am definately for drafting two QBs. Logan Thomas or the guy from Florida State would be good. I haven't decided if I would be willing to move up yet. I guess we'll see where we are when the dust settles. I definately do not think we should give anything close to what Washington gave for any of these guys. They aren't that different from each other in talent level. There was a huge difference between Tannehill and RGIII.

Woodchuck 10-23-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9043346)
I am also pretty high on Murray.

I am a huge UGA fan and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole right now. He chokes in big games and is not dependable. He's going to stay another year. I am almost 100% sure of it.