ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (2/20/13) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270218)

Direckshun 02-20-2013 12:59 PM

Mock (2/20/13)

My original mock posting has been shredded. So instead of paragraphs, this one will come with just one- or two-sentence explanations.

Sorry.

Here are some assumptions, which I'm basing 100% on the rumors we've heard all offseason.

1. The Chiefs resign Bowe and Colquitt, and let Dorsey walk.

2. The Chiefs decide Albert is not a top five LT. He is not resigned.

3. Quinn and Hillis are out. Cassel and Jackson stay, but at reduced salary.

4. The team trades its 3rd to the Eagles for Nick Foles and declare him the man going forward. (UPDATE: It has been pointed out to me that I left the 3rd round pick in this mock anyway. So... the Eagles must have given us Foles for free. How realistic!)

5. The Chiefs land DE/DT Chris Canty.

6. They get two compensatory picks, an extra third (Carr) and a 6th (Richardson).

Here are the picks:

1. OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M

The gist: no other pick makes as much sense, and Joeckel is the best player in the draft.

2. WR Terrance Williams, Baylor

The gist: with Breaston gone and Baldwin stalling, Williams will beef up the WR position.

3. CB Darius Slay, Mississippi State

The gist: best CB with a pre-Combine 3rd round grade on my board, lots of experience in man to man, rangey guy, perfect for possession WRs.

3. OLB Brandon Jenkins, Florida State

The gist: trust your trainers, if Jenkins comes back at full power you've got three dynamic passrushers.

4. ILB Kevin Reddick, North Carolina

The gist: I think he's going to tumble a bit in the draft, if so he's a Day One starter next to DJ.

5. ILB A.J. Klein, Iowa State

The gist: infuse some much-needed depth into our linebacking corps. I think Klein has the ability to play both ILB positions.

6. RB Cierre Wood, Notre Dame

The gist: always bring in fresh meat for the stable, combine with Gray/Droughn behind Charles.

6. FS Shawn Williams, Georgia

The gist: he's going to need a huge Combine because he's an underwhelming presence on the field, but with great physical ability. Put his locker next to Berry's.

7. OG J.C. Tretter, Cornell

The gist: initially brought into Cornell as a 240 lbs. TE, is now a really athletic 300 lbs. guard, this is what you have late round picks for.

Direckshun 02-20-2013 01:04 PM

QB: Foles, Cassel, Stanzi
RB: Charles, Gray, Droughn, Wood
FB: DiMarco

WR: Bowe, Williams, Baldwin, McCluster, Gray
TE: Moeaki, Maneri, O'Connell

LT: Joeckel, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Tretter
C: Hudson, Patterson
RG: Asamoah, Tretter
RT: Winston, Stephenson

DE: Canty, Long
NT: Poe, Powe
DE: Jackson, Smith

OLB: Hali, Jones
ILB: Reddick, Klein
ILB: Johnson, Greenwood
OLB: Houston, Jenkins

CB: Flowers, Slay, Arenas, Daniels, Brown
S: Berry, Abdullah, Lewis, Williams

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

htismaqe 02-20-2013 01:09 PM

Voyager?

Direckshun 02-20-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9419164)
Voyager?

LMAO

It's going to go over like a lead balloon, but it's what the Chiefs might consider if they believed they had their QB in Foles, and that Albert wasn't worth the cost.

The Franchise 02-20-2013 01:16 PM

**** Cierre Wood. Get Theo Riddick.

bsp4444 02-20-2013 01:32 PM

Didn't you trade the 3rd? How can you pick Darius Slay?

Direckshun 02-20-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9419234)
Didn't you trade the 3rd? How can you pick Darius Slay?

Oh, shit. Well piss on balls.

Um... the Eagles just gave us Nick Foles, yes, that's it.

Just as a valentine to Andy Reid.

They are the city of brotherly love, after all.

:D

Hoover 02-20-2013 01:54 PM

My problem with this scenario is that having the 1st pick in the draft wasn't a transformational occurrence. Sure we got younger and upgraded the LT position, but is that what prevented the Chiefs from winning in the past five years? Nope.

Having the first pick allows us to dramatically improve the talent level on this time. I oppose any move that doesn't make a major impact on the roaster. Going from Albert to Joeckel isn't that big of a change.

Now does that mean we have to draft a QB with the 1st pick? No, but I do think there are only two viable options, quarterback or corner. In both cases, one could argue that we can get a great talent in the 2nd round at one of those position. I agree, but to get the maximum impact of having the 1st pick in the draft I think we either have go QB in round 1, followed by CB in round two, or vice versa.

Selecting an OT does nothing for this franchise imo, unless you are happy being a .500 team. Could Foles be the man? Maybe, but its as big of a gamble as drafting Geno. So i'd take Geno in a heartbeat.

The Poz 02-20-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9419143)
DE: Canty, Long
NT: Poe, Powe
DE: Jackson, Smith

Jerome Long is now a Jag. Signed off our PS.

RealSNR 02-20-2013 07:42 PM

I like this mock a lot. No worries about the Foles thing. Let's just say the Eagles keep Foles, we keep our 3rd round pick, and we draft Geno instead of Joeckel.

Win.

Titty Meat 02-20-2013 08:09 PM

This mock is awful i'm sorry D but you were much more on your game last year.

Bowser 02-20-2013 08:34 PM

http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/...1092965234.jpg

rtmike 02-20-2013 09:48 PM

This isn't a Reid/Dorsey draft if they don't take at least 1 QB.

Saccopoo 02-21-2013 02:56 AM

Sorry, but they took Allen and Stephenson in the second and third round last year. Both are high level LT prospects coming out of college. Joeckel is a ****ing waste of a pick with three tackles on this roster (Allen, Stephenson, Winston) even if they don't carry Albert, and they'd be stupid as shit not to at this point.

And you take an DE/OLB high, with Hali and Houston on the roster, and TWO ILB's? Two?

Shit dude.

You picked the wrong week to start sniffing glue.

KCrockaholic 02-21-2013 03:23 AM

Pretty good mock outside of round 1.