ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sportscasters You Hate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268968)

Lex Luthor 01-16-2013 12:53 PM

How can Bobby Knight NOT be at the top of this list???? WTF?

He makes the ESPN telecasts unwatchable. Either he is senile, or he is the dumbest ex-coach EVER. He knows the names of less than half of the players, and his brilliant analysis is always that the shooter needs to "shot fake" more often. It was especially brutal last week during the Kentucky game when his partner had to explain the difference between the shot clock and the game clock to him. I just sat there in disbelief. I felt like I was watching the game at a relative's house on Christmas listening to a non-basketball fan asking questions about the game.

KChiefer 01-16-2013 12:54 PM

Heh. Billy Packer

Quote:

Controversy

Packer is known for his eccentric behavior off camera and sometimes controversial statements. He involved himself in high-profile legal cases, hiring a psychic to find the weapon in the O.J. Simpson murder case and starting a legal defense fund for accused 1996 Olympic bomber Richard Jewell. He purchased Picasso ceramics and displayed them in makeshift plexiglass and plywood work desk he had created. Packer once directed his interest in politics into approaching 123 random women, without identifying himself, asking them if they'd vote for Hillary Clinton
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Packer

cosmo20002 01-16-2013 12:54 PM

All sideline reporters are awesome. I can't imagine watching a game without them and the important information they provide.

Chest Rockwell 01-16-2013 12:54 PM

Football: Dierdorf, Simms, Musberger, Lundquist (used to be good wtf happened, is it just age?), Nantz

Baseball: McCarver, Morgan, Sterling, Dibble, Harrelson

gblowfish 01-16-2013 12:58 PM

National Football Guys:
Dan Dierdorf
Dan Fouts
Marv "The Nibbler" Albert
Chris Berman
Shannon "The Mouth" Sharpe
Michael "Cokewhore" Irvin
Al "Where's my top row of teeth?" Michaels
Brent "Hey Baby" Musburger
Lou "Granny Clampett" Holtz
Basketball Guys:
Bobby Knight
Billy "Fudge" Packer
Dick Vitale
Bill Walton

Baseball:
Joe Buck
Tim McCarver
Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson
Whoever that douche is in NY that goes "THEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!"

Local:
Bob Davis: Please die soon. Please. Pretty please.

blaise 01-16-2013 12:58 PM

Bob Davis is pretty terrible.

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9324726)
Bob Davis is pretty terrible.

Who the hell is Bob Davis?

Local Yokel?

blaise 01-16-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9324773)
Who the hell is Bob Davis?

Local Yokel?

Jayhawks and Royals. I'm not sure Kansas has even committed a foul during a game he's broadcast.

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 01:14 PM

When will we get a female play by play or color analyst? Why are they only sideline reporters?

Rasputin 01-16-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9324628)
Heath Evans and Sean Salusbury

God I hate Heath Evans. Everything that comes out of his mouth is DOUCHE.

ThaVirus 01-16-2013 01:17 PM

I really can't say that I dislike any of the commentators on gameday. My favorite duo has to be Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. I'm also a fan of Al Michaels..

In the studio, I always liked Chris Berman, Tom Jackson and Mike Ditka.

The one guy I say really, probably doesn't deserve a spot on the booth is Bill Cowher. He just isn't well-spoken enough, if you ask me.

Deberg_1990 01-16-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9324814)
The one guy I say really, probably doesn't deserve a spot on the booth is Bill Cowher. He just isn't well-spoken enough, if you ask me.

Thats good because he isnt in the booth. Hes in the studio.

blaise 01-16-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9324794)
When will we get a female play by play or color analyst? Why are they only sideline reporters?

There are for college games. Play by play, anyway. And the Yankees use Suzyn Waldman (if you can stand her)

Chest Rockwell 01-16-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9324794)

You talking pro? A couple have done college.

whoman69 01-16-2013 01:21 PM

Skip Bayless
Steven A. Smith