ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Pregnant T-Mobile Employee had to Clock Out to Use Toilet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272733)

Bump 05-02-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9653876)
JFC I had know idea what some of you go through at work.
Move to Omaha & I will teach you how to become a stoned stone mason.

sounds like a dream job at this point, lol

The Bad Guy 05-02-2013 08:55 PM

Laz thinks she should stop crying.

LiveSteam 05-02-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9653965)

We take bowl breaks.

TribalElder 05-02-2013 08:59 PM

Get that gal a diaper

Bump 05-02-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9653976)
We take bowl breaks.

I want to go to there

Al Bundy 05-02-2013 09:08 PM

Too Fat/Omaha

KC native 05-02-2013 09:11 PM

My first job was a call center for a discount broker. This shit is like this for every call center out there. Financial services, IT, customer service. All of them. Fortunately, my company had a merger with another one that had outdated systems and I abused the **** out of it my last year with the company. That was the only thing that made that job bearable.

I would never go back though. **** having your day managed down to the second.

KC native 05-02-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9653833)
I've worked for big corporate. I can confirm. It's basically modern day slavery. You are not a human being. You are a money generator, nothing more, nothing less.

The thing that always drives me crazy, CRAZY. Absolutely, bat shit ****ing crazy is when they scheduled me to work 10am - 3 am and then expect me to get home from work at 3:30 am and set my alarm clock for 8 am to go back there and after a 17 hour work day I want more than 4 hours of sleep and I want some ****ing time to relax before sleep. And they did that shit all of the ****ing time. There's nothing worse coming home from work all of the time that late at night and knowing as soon as you get home from a super long day, you don't have time to eat, or do anything, you just have to try and get as much sleep as you can, hopefully 2 or 3 hours at least.

I'm getting anxiety just writing this out right now, bringing back those memories.

I've only experienced this type of slavery here in Boston. Working in Kansas was never that bad.

You aren't a money generator. You are a cost generator. Big corporate wants to extract as much value from you while paying you as little as possible.

Bearcat 05-02-2013 09:27 PM

One guy gets stoned at work, while everyone else is baffled at why corporations have strict rules to keep workers productive. LMAO

Seriously though, if not for treating workers like human beings, I'd thing a company like T-Mobile would consider the bad publicity in a situation like this... and like the person said, she loved the job until a few idiots playing by the book screwed it up.

In general though, not including the stupidity in the article, I understood why there were call center metrics/rankings only a few months after working at one... people wasted all kinds of time on calls and between calls, and it wasn't even that busy of a call center. People would bitch about the metrics without even being able to take a few calls in a row without wasting 10 minutes cackling about the weather or some crap.

Setsuna 05-02-2013 09:29 PM

Well honestly, if she chose a different field then she wouldn't have to deal with this. She can go back to school and get a degree in something that doesn't require that BS.

Cannibal 05-02-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9653965)

Except that whole; having to work with and associate with LiveSteam thing.

KC native 05-02-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9654068)
One guy gets stoned at work, while everyone else is baffled at why corporations have strict rules to keep workers productive. LMAO

Seriously though, if not for treating workers like human beings, I'd thing a company like T-Mobile would consider the bad publicity in a situation like this... and like the person said, she loved the job until a few idiots playing by the book screwed it up.

In general though, not including the stupidity in the article, I understood why there were call center metrics/rankings only a few months after working at one... people wasted all kinds of time on calls and between calls, and it wasn't even that busy of a call center. People would bitch about the metrics without even being able to take a few calls in a row without wasting 10 minutes cackling about the weather or some crap.

There's a difference between reasonable metrics and the extreme micromanagement that happens in today's call centers. The one I worked in had a variance for "after call" work that was ridiculously small IIRC it was 3 minutes for the entire day. That was for a discount broker where we had to enter notes about every phone call and possibly call other departments after a client had disconnected the call.

LiveSteam 05-02-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9654106)
Except that whole; having to work with and associate with LiveSteam thing.

Leave DC in DC Nancy

Bearcat 05-02-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9654116)
There's a difference between reasonable metrics and the extreme micromanagement that happens in today's call centers. The one I worked in had a variance for "after call" work that was ridiculously small IIRC it was 3 minutes for the entire day. That was for a discount broker where we had to enter notes about every phone call and possibly call other departments after a client had disconnected the call.

Depended on who you asked on whether they were reasonable... some people were baffled at the top performers' numbers. As far as 3 minutes/day of after call work... did anyone ever hit that? Seems pretty insane, but the top performers should set that bar... in a situation like that, if the best anyone ever does is 20 minutes in a day, then the metrics are useless and those in charge of setting them are idiots if they don't adjust.

Bump 05-02-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9654116)

I made it a week and a half at a call center a long time ago. Some place in Lawrence KS when I first moved there for college. Most boring job ever, I couldn't stand it at all. They weren't micro managing the shit out of us or anything, but it was just too ****ing boring sitting there for 8 hours on a phone. God, I couldn't stand that job at all.