ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Long weekend getaway ideas (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268703)

Saulbadguy 01-10-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9302335)
YOu know, we do have a relative up there. Might be worth checking into.

Let me know if that's what you end up choosing. I was there last month and had a blast.

I can't speak for Vegas, haven't been there (besides the airport).

Nzoner 01-10-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9302334)
Someone suggested Zumanity too.

I've been told the monorail is horrible but I'm sure each persons experience is different.

I'm usually catching a good buzz whilst in Vegas so I really haven't seen anything horrible about it.I've also seen those damn buses packed to the roof and thought no thanks.

Nzoner 01-10-2013 07:58 AM

Last thing I'll post,a nice little preview...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0WcP4bt13WQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 01-10-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9302343)
I'm usually catching a good buzz whilst in Vegas so I really haven't seen anything horrible about it.I've also seen those damn buses packed to the roof and thought no thanks.

Probably all depends on what makes you comfortable. Couple of my friends are steadfast against that monorail. Don't really know why though.

bevischief 01-10-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9302347)
Probably all depends on what makes you comfortable. Couple of my friends are steadfast against that monorail. Don't really know why though.

They were sober.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9302259)
Just got to thinking, might be a good opportunity to go on my first cruise. Just a 3 or 4 nighter.

Come out to Branson and do a timeshare presentation and I can get you a 4 day/3 night cruise for free, no out of pocket expenses. It will also include 2 nights accomodations before or after the cruise. Booyah!

Fire Me Boy! 01-10-2013 08:22 AM

Wine country...

Hoover 01-10-2013 08:31 AM

My brother and I do this a lot. We only pack what we need and take direct flights to large cities. We don't rent cars, stay at hotels, we basically stay up for 48 hours and do stuff.

Sleep on the plane. If you need a nap go to some stupid ass movie and get some shut eye. We only do this is the summer. Hit baseball games, shows, and historical sights.

My wife will never do it, but we basically cram a 4 day trip into 2 days.

A lot of fun, but can be stressful at time. Especially late at night in a city like New York.

Hoover 01-10-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9302369)
Wine country...

Was just there and i agree with this. Two days in Napa is awesome and the SF airport is easy to fly in and out of.

Dayze 01-10-2013 08:40 AM

I've always wanted to go to Maine/NE sometime in the fall.

or Montana.

Graystoke 01-10-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9302416)
I've always wanted to go to Maine/NE sometime in the fall.

or Montana.

Both awesome in the Fall.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9302384)
My brother and I do this a lot. We only pack what we need and take direct flights to large cities. We don't rent cars, stay at hotels, we basically stay up for 48 hours and do stuff.

Sleep on the plane. If you need a nap go to some stupid ass movie and get some shut eye. We only do this is the summer. Hit baseball games, shows, and historical sights.

My wife will never do it, but we basically cram a 4 day trip into 2 days.

A lot of fun, but can be stressful at time. Especially late at night in a city like New York.

That's ****ing awesome! That's the kind of shit I'd do in my early 20's. I may have to round up a buddy or two and do something like that this summer.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-10-2013 01:33 PM

It may be close and a cheap flight anyway, but I'd have twice the fun in Chicago as most places for a 3 day weekend. More time on the ground is better, rather than wasting 3 hours each way to go to the coast.

DaKCMan AP 01-10-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9302388)
Was just there and i agree with this. Two days in Napa is awesome and the SF airport is easy to fly in and out of.

If you're going to Napa and not the city, Oakland's airport is easier and closer.

Hoover 01-10-2013 01:43 PM

I think Charleston is also a great option. Spent two weeks done there last January.

Its currently the off season but the weather is not bad. There is plenty of stuff to do, and the local food scene is great.

Anymore I basically travel to water because I enjoy fresh seafood. I learned that I really like Shrimp and grits. Anyway, Charlestown is nice because you could make the drive north to Myrtle Beach. Its only a couple hours, but I'd probably just stay in Charleston.