ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games MLB The Show 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271005)

lewdog 03-11-2013 06:34 PM

MLB The Show 2013

I know a few of us have it so I thought we could have a thread for it so we don't clog up the KC Royals actual baseball thread.

I am still trying to figure out the settings to play on for some success instead of getting extremely frustrated. Feel free to post your thoughts on the gameplay or use this thread to ask questions.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22...8746-media.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22...8749-media.jpg

Captain Obvious 03-11-2013 06:39 PM

Francoeur is rated higher than Hosmer? Yikes. Hell, so is Getz...

lewdog 03-11-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 9486607)
Francoeur is rated higher than Hosmer? Yikes. Hell, so is Getz...

Yea they really took it to Hosmer and Moose when you look at some of the others!

jd1020 03-11-2013 06:44 PM

Worth the upgrade from '10?

EDIT: Might get it simply because they finally changed the damn announcers.

lewdog 03-11-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9486622)
Worth the upgrade from '10?

EDIT: Might get it simply because they finally changed the damn announcers.

OUR TIME!

Kidd Lex 03-11-2013 08:43 PM

The game is a HUGE step forward from 10, but Matty V is still in the booth. Steve Lyons is in the booth too, but he just reads the same lines soup used to.

The rankings for players are set up on a 3 year trend, with the last year weighing the most towards the overall. In Francours case, his decent year in 2011 and arm strength ratings are probably inflating his overall.

Honestly if you like baseball even a little, you will love this game.

lewdog 03-11-2013 09:18 PM

Jesus, do all of you play the entire spring training schedule!? I mean, **** word, it will be June before I get to mid-season with all those games but I don't want to decrease my player's training rating by not actually playing those games.

Kidd Lex 03-11-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9487100)
Jesus, do all of you play the entire spring training schedule!? I mean, **** word, it will be June before I get to mid-season with all those games but I don't want to decrease my player's training rating by not actually playing those games.

They will train even if you sim through. Btw, make sure to concentrate on one area when you train, you get a better all around boost that way.

mr. tegu 03-12-2013 08:13 AM

The one thing I hate about sports games is losing. I used to always just restart a game if I was going to lose. With that said, is there an option to sim the rest of a game after I have started and am getting beat but don't want to finish the game just to finish it? I can't just sit there and play knowing I am going to lose.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-12-2013 09:30 AM

I'm glad they're doing the number rating system this year. Looks pretty reasonable for the most part, other than Francouer being rated too high.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-12-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9487876)
The one thing I hate about sports games is losing. I used to always just restart a game if I was going to lose. With that said, is there an option to sim the rest of a game after I have started and am getting beat but don't want to finish the game just to finish it? I can't just sit there and play knowing I am going to lose.

Wow. What a pansy.

Kidd Lex 03-12-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Yes, you can fast sim, or even manager only sim mode, at any point of the game.

Kraus 03-12-2013 11:37 AM

I'm waiting on the first sale on this game where it is sub $45 - then it is mine.

alnorth 03-12-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

It might bother me if I was already good at the game, but right now I need so much work on hitting, that I just continue on and practice my ball/strike recognition.

That said, I did have a big near-comeback, I was losing by 6 after 6 innings, but in the 8th inning I got on a roll and in the 9th inning I had the go-ahead run at first base before their closer finally shut me down.

lewdog 03-12-2013 07:49 PM

I switched to timing hitting after getting completely owned on zone hitting. I try to use the guess pitch option to light the zone up with the timing option if I guess correctly. I pitch on veteran using the meter. The Rangers still managed to score 5-7 runs in spring training games against me though.

I am so inpatient at hitting. I doubt I will ever draw a walk.