ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   So ... how is your fantasy team doing? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105352)

Mile High Mania 11-29-2004 01:16 PM

So ... how is your fantasy team doing?

Aside from AFCW talk... how is everyone doing in their fantasy leagues?

I'm 8-4 in one league and 9-3 in the other and oddly enough, I am still going down to the wire to decide whether or not I win either division.

I'm assured a playoff spot in my 9-3 league, but there's no room for error in my 8-4 league. Tied with another team at 8-4 and another team trails me by 1 game, and he has a better divisional record. So, every game has been a "playoff" game essentially the last 3 weeks. And that is mentally taxing...

My 8-4 team is: (10 team league)

QB: Manning / Delhomme
RB: C Martin/ Reuben Droughns / M Faulk / S Jackson / L Jordan
WR: Mushin / Joe Horn / Derreck Mason / Nate Burleson / Dallas Clark / Todd Pinkston
K: Vinitieri / Stover
DEF: Seattle

My 9-3 team is: (12 team league)

QB: Brady / Delhomme / Rattay
RB: McAllister / Pittman / T Jones / L Jordan / W Green
WR: Javon Walker / R Wayne / J Horn / H Ward / M Clayton / E Johnson
K: Longwell / Jeff Reed
DEF: Seattle

I'm set up nicely in both, but you never know what will happen when the fantasy playoffs roll around. The wrong matchup could sink you.

How are you guys doing?

Phobia 11-29-2004 01:17 PM

My fantasy efforts reflect that of the Chiefs. I'm horrible in every regard this season.

Mile High Mania 11-29-2004 01:21 PM

My two teams are kind of interesting in that my 9-3 team is almost all from my draft - except for Pittman (FA), Horn (trade), Clayton (FA) and EJ (FA). I drafted most everyone else.

My 8-4 team... it's almost all trade and FA pickups. I did about 6 trades this year... picked up guys like Manning, Delhomme, Martin, Mushin, Horn... it was really crazy.

I've had a TON of guys float through that team and the trades were kinda wild. There were 2 weeks when I did 2 multiple trades. Thankfully, it's all paid off.

My draft didn't suck, but I was able to trade guys like Brady, Pennington, A Brooks, S Moss, T Henry, Holt, Fred Taylor, M Clayton, K Colbert and a few others for players that simply just rocked. I was able to pull the trigger early on guys that at the time didn't suck.

My trade for Manning was crazy b/c it was week 4 and that guy had 80% of his team on the injury list. I did a 3 for 1 deal and got Manning. Crazy.

KCTitus 11-29-2004 01:21 PM

After a 2-0 start I lost 8 games in a row in true Chiefs fashion.

The losses Ive had have been the result of one player on the other team going berzerk for that one week I had to play against them. Some examples include:

Jamal Lewis 175 yd performance did it to me a few weeks back. I dont think he's had a week like that since.

Reche Caldwell's career day the week I played him...scored 13-15 points and I lost by 3 points. The following week he gets hurt and subsequently goes on IR.

Basically stories like this. What's not helped is having Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James not getting any production at this point. James cant get TD's because Peyton has to throw all the time now--I think he's had one TD in the last 3 weeks.

Mile High Mania 11-29-2004 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
After a 2-0 start I lost 8 games in a row in true Chiefs fashion.

The losses Ive had have been the result of one player on the other team going berzerk for that one week I had to play against them. Some examples include:

Jamal Lewis 175 yd performance did it to me a few weeks back. I dont think he's had a week like that since.

Reche Caldwell's career day the week I played him...scored 13-15 points and I lost by 3 points. The following week he gets hurt and subsequently goes on IR.

Basically stories like this. What's not helped is having Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James not getting any production at this point. James cant get TD's because Peyton has to throw all the time now--I think he's had one TD in the last 3 weeks.

There's a guy in my league that hates Manning now ... b/c he has Edge. Manning has at least 5 or 6 TDs the last 3 weeks from 5 yards out or less.

BIG_DADDY 11-29-2004 01:25 PM

I have the most points of anyone in my league but for some reason people seem to have their best game ever against me. I should make the playoffs which is all that really counts. I need Faulk and Bruce to not show up tonight. I should have about a 30 point cusion.

KCTitus 11-29-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
There's a guy in my league that hates Manning now ... b/c he has Edge. Manning has at least 5 or 6 TDs the last 3 weeks from 5 yards out or less.

Yep...Im in that boat as well. Last week Edge had 200+ yards rushing but when they got inside the 5, Peyton was throwing the damned ball. I mean WTF?!

I neglected to mention that I have as many points as a couple of teams in the top 3 of the league.

Mile High Mania 11-29-2004 01:30 PM

There's a guy in our league that has only 4 wins, yet in the "breakdown" he's #2 overall and is #3 in scoring... he just has bad timing.

Last week, he scored second highest overall and lost to me. It's been a very crazy year for him and he's numb to it all now.

Rausch 11-29-2004 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Aside from AFCW talk... how is everyone doing in their fantasy leagues?

Mile High Mania 11-29-2004 01:35 PM

Rausch, I'm glad to know that my league isn't the only one with weird looking high scores...

I put up 238 a few weeks ago and crushed the guy, all time new high for point total. That was in my "Manning" league. I haven't dropped below 124 points since week 6.

I actually went back and did some math on Manning vs Delhomme just b/c everyone in my league has been whining about my record and saying it's only due to my trade for Manning.

I am 6-2 since week 5 when I first started Manning - had I started Delhomme each of those weeks, I'd still be 6-2...

I wouldn't be the points leader obviously, but it was nice to throw that nugget of info back at the league.

Hoover 11-29-2004 01:39 PM

Well my team of P. Manning, Dillon, R. Johnson, Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Shocky, Brown and the Jets got me 171 points this week.

Hitting my stride before the playoffs!

KCJake 11-29-2004 01:40 PM

Trent Green is killing me. He had 3 points yesterday. He probably wasn't a good QB to draft. This is what his games look like, 300+ yards, 1 INT, 2 sacks, and zero TD's. The Chiefs always run the football in the red zone. :banghead:

Rausch 11-29-2004 01:46 PM

Quote:

Rausch, I'm glad to know that my league isn't the only one with weird looking high scores...

I put up 238 a few weeks ago and crushed the guy, all time new high for point total. That was in my "Manning" league. I haven't dropped below 124 points since week 6.

I actually went back and did some math on Manning vs Delhomme just b/c everyone in my league has been whining about my record and saying it's only due to my trade for Manning.

I am 6-2 since week 5 when I first started Manning - had I started Delhomme each of those weeks, I'd still be 6-2...

I wouldn't be the points leader obviously, but it was nice to throw that nugget of info back at the league.

One of the reasons some pt totals are high is because we give 1 pt for every 5 return yards. That applies to offensive and defensive players. If you have a good return guy on defense it really helps (thanks Bailey, you douche) but on offense it's a gamble.

Do you sit your 2nd RB or WR for a guy who might not play a single snap on offense? It's risky, but like this week, when it pays off it pays off big (Dante.)

KCJake 11-29-2004 01:46 PM

Dante Hall scores 53 points??? What kind of league are you in?

Nevermind. Just read your last post :thumb:

Rausch 11-29-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJake
Dante Hall scores 53 points??? What kind of league are you in?

A return TD or defensive TD is worth 12 pts (because they almost never happen) and 5 return yards gives you a pt.