ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Star's top 10: The best player in draft for Chiefs needs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269250)

RunKC 01-24-2013 01:24 AM

The Star's top 10: The best player in draft for Chiefs needs

:doh!:

The Star’s Top 10: The best players in draft for Chiefs’ needs
Order Reprints

January 23

As the Chiefs prepare to make the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft for the first time in franchise history, we’ve made our own draft board. Adam Teicher, The Star’s Chiefs reporter, has ranked the top 10 available players who fit the Chiefs’ most pressing needs. Not all are worthy of the No. 1 pick — the Chiefs may decide to trade down — but all are worth keeping an eye on before the draft starts April 25.

• 1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: Chiefs have two Pro Bowlers at this position, so technically outside linebacker is not a need. But Tamba Hali will be 30 next season and it’s difficult to turn down a pass rusher.

• 2. Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M: The same holds for Moore.

• 3. Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M: The Chiefs will need a left tackle if Branden Albert becomes a free agent.

• 4. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Smith probably isn’t worthy of being the top pick, but the Chiefs have to solve their QB dilemma somehow.

• 5. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: After the fiasco with Stanford Routt, the Chiefs need a corner and Milliner is the best available.

• 6. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Again, not worth the top pick. But a fast, 6-3 receiver will be difficult for the Chiefs to pass up.

• 7. Chance Warmack, G, Alabama: Guards aren’t valuable enough to pick with the top overall choice. But Warmack has a chance to be great.

• 8. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: The Chiefs will need a lineman if they lose Glenn Dorsey to free agency.

• 9. Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State: He makes sense for the Chiefs if they believe he can eventually become a franchise quarterback.

• 10. Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia: Inside linebackers aren’t that valuable, but the Chiefs need one to go along with Derrick Johnson.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/23...#storylink=cpy

Rasputin 01-24-2013 01:28 AM

How the hell is OLB our biggest need?, it's not move on. Re-sign Albert LT solved

Draft Geno Smith QB solved. That ****ing easy.

Hammock Parties 01-24-2013 01:32 AM

teicher's editor: write me a chiefs draft article

teicher: ok

teicher visits nfldraftcountdown.com and picks names out of hat

teicher: copy paste copy paste copy paste

teicher: i'm done

KCrockaholic 01-24-2013 01:39 AM

Now we can all thank Teicher for making the average fan dumber.

Wonderful.

Sofa King 01-24-2013 01:45 AM

Jesus ****ing christ

Sofa King 01-24-2013 01:46 AM

I'd like to kill the mother ****er who started all this Geno isn't worthy bullshit. He has all the stupid fake mockers and the dumbass true fans believing it.

cdcox 01-24-2013 02:02 AM

The words were right, they just got jumbled with the wrong players:

• 1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: The Chiefs have a will need a pass rusher if Tamba Hali pulls a Javon Belcher.

• 3. Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M: Chiefs have a near Pro Bowler at this position, so technically a left tackle is not a need. But Brandon Albert is a potential free agent and it’s difficult to turn down a left tackle.

• 4. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: After the fiasco with Matt Cassel, the Chiefs need an QB and Smith is the best available.

• 5. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: Cornerbacks aren’t that valuable, but the Chiefs need one to go along with Brandon Flowers.

• 6. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Patterson probably isn’t worthy of being the top pick, but the Chiefs have to solve their WR dilemma somehow.

• 7. Chance Warmack, G, Alabama:He makes sense for the Chiefs if they believe he can eventually become a franchise quarterback.

• 8. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: Again, not worth the top pick. But another ****ing DT will be difficult for the Chiefs to pass up.

• 9. Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State: The Chiefs will need a QB, if they pass up on the consensus best QB in the draft, Geno Smith.

• 10. Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia: ILBs aren’t valuable enough to pick with the top overall choice. But Ogletree has a chance to be great.

http://youngwritersfestival.org/home...ds/magnets.jpg

GoHuge 01-24-2013 02:06 AM

This is by far the stupidest draft mock or eval I have seen. Biggest problem on our team is OLB when our two starters are in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl? Wtf doesn't even come close.

RunKC 01-24-2013 02:28 AM

But Tamba Hali is about to be 30 and we need a guy to replace him when he retires in 3-5 years! LMAO

-King- 01-24-2013 02:30 AM

Someone send this to Danny and Carrington at 610... I want to hear them crush Teicher.

007 01-24-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9346532)
Someone send this to Danny and Carrington at 610... I want to hear them crush Teicher.

You would be disappointed.

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9346512)
How the hell is OLB our biggest need?, it's not move on. Re-sign Albert LT solved

Draft Geno Smith QB solved. That ****ing easy.

The best part is that Teicher himself says in the description that OLB isn't really a need. Good, take one at 1.1 then.

BigChiefFan 01-24-2013 03:53 AM

What a shitty attempt at addressing the team's needs. This article is trash.

AussieChiefsFan 01-24-2013 05:19 AM

For the love of god.... :facepalm:

Chiefs=Champions 01-24-2013 05:39 AM

If i lived in kc i would srs think about applying for a job at the star. Seems to me it would be the easiest job in the world.

the Talking Can 01-24-2013 05:48 AM

this makes me want to pay for access to the star

Red Dawg 01-24-2013 05:50 AM

What a stupid list. KC reporters are delusional.

ILChief 01-24-2013 06:20 AM

The list should be only two:

Tyler Wilson
Geno Smith

007 01-24-2013 06:21 AM

Chiefs will trade out with somebody that wants Joekel. sp

siberian khatru 01-24-2013 07:02 AM

The funniest part of this article?

"Order reprints."

HotCarl 01-24-2013 07:06 AM

decent list but I think Lotulelei should be higher, maybe 4-5

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9346621)
decent list but I think Lotulelei should be higher, maybe 4-5

Why? He's not a pass rusher.

Rambozo 01-24-2013 07:21 AM

Not bad but, Glennon and Ogletree shouldn't be on the list. Glennon is awful and Ogletree is better suited for a 4-3 even though he played in the 3-4 at UGA. Most of it is realistic. Everyone is desperate for a QB but the reality is that we probably will not take one #1 overall.

ChiefRocka 01-24-2013 07:29 AM

At least "most" decent analysts can agree that Geno is the best QB prospect this year. Step 1. Question is would being drafted #1 boost his confidence or put that 500lb gorilla on his back?

HotCarl 01-24-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9346624)
Why? He's not a pass rusher.

In case you haven't noticed we suck at DT

Rambozo 01-24-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9346652)
At least "most" decent analysts can agree that Geno is the best QB prospect this year. Step 1. Question is would being drafted #1 boost his confidence or put that 500lb gorilla on his back?

I think it would put the gorilla on his back. If we take a QB #1, I believe we need to go hard after Alex Smith. Before people kill me for saying that, I don't think Alex is the answer at QB. I do think he would be an excellent mentor for someone like Geno because he did go #1 and he had a very hard road during his first few years in the league. He obviously did a good job mentoring Kapernick and I think he would do a good job helping Geno come along.

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9346631)
Everyone is desperate for a QB but the reality is that we probably will not take one #1 overall.

Ridiculous statement.

Still FAR too soon to say this.

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9346657)
In case you haven't noticed we suck at DT

So we should take one top-5? That went well with TJ.

Dumbass.

Rambozo 01-24-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9346660)
Ridiculous statement.

Still FAR too soon to say this.

True

I should have said imo. :thumb:

O.city 01-24-2013 08:05 AM

A non pass rushing DT at 1 overall? Have we learned nothing?

And I'm not trading for Alex Smith. Need the picks.

BossChief 01-24-2013 08:08 AM

Did Blackbob just say Glennon is awful?

O.city 01-24-2013 08:14 AM

DT is the most stacked position in this draft, IMO. The gap between the top 2 QB's and the rest is huge compared to the top DT and the next 5.

BossChief 01-24-2013 08:18 AM

CB is well stocked, too.

I actually really like our chances of getting 3, maybe 4 starters out of this upcoming draft.

Geno
Cb
DL
S

notorious 01-24-2013 08:20 AM

Has Reid ever traded for a QB?

O.city 01-24-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9346776)
Has Reid ever traded for a QB?

They traded for Favre, IIRC, when he was at GB. But I don't think he was brought in to be the starter.

HC_Chief 01-24-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9346779)
They traded for Favre, IIRC, when he was at GB. But I don't think he was brought in to be the starter.

He wasn't; Favre got his chance after GB's started Majkowski got injured.

Sorter 01-24-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9346745)

The mayans were just late.

Jimmya 01-24-2013 08:37 AM

Brian Billick on Mike and Mike "no qb in this year's Draft is worthy of a top 15 pick".

kepp 01-24-2013 08:39 AM

Wow, the article is titled, "The best player in draft for Chiefs needs", and the top two players mentioned are at a position where we already have pro-bowl talent. I used to look forward to reading mock drafts.

Deberg_1990 01-24-2013 08:41 AM

The CP implosion when we select someone other than Geno or a QB at #1 is going to be epic.

Rambozo 01-24-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9346745)

I've always said that. What I said before was the Bucky Brooks article on Glennon was symbolic of how bad the QB talent is in this class. What you proceeded to do is tell me how much of an idiot Bucky Brooks was. Eventually, the "mob" and others all piled and took things out of context. I attempted to argue my points and it led to my last banning.

Two weeks after that, I see people citing Bucky Brooks like his word is gold. This is one great example of the "mobster" bullshit. Take it for what it's worth.

Bosschief, I'm done giving you chances and am putting you on ignore. Your takes generally suck, you are big headed, and you bully me because your ego can't handle being challenged. The "mob squad" was formed out of fear of embarrassment and a whole lot of butt hurt.

The best thing you can do is think about what I am saying on move on. I'll leave it at that.

Deberg_1990 01-24-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 9346807)
Brian Billick on Mike and Mike "no qb in this year's Draft is worthy of a top 15 pick".

Prognosticators get too locked into positioning. WHo cares where a guy is picked as long as you feel hes "the guy" and will produce? in hindsite, how many teams wish they would have taken Flacco top 10 now?

BossChief 01-24-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9346843)
I've always said that. What I said before was the Bucky Brooks article on Glennon was symbolic of how bad the QB talent is in this class. What you proceeded to do is tell me how much of an idiot Bucky Brooks was. Eventually, the "mob" and others all piled and took things out of context. I attempted to argue my points and it led to my last banning.

Two weeks after that, I see people citing Bucky Brooks like his word is gold. This is one great example of the "mobster" bullshit. Take it for what it's worth.

Bosschief, I'm done giving you chances and am putting you on ignore. Your takes generally suck, you are big headed, and you bully me because your ego can't handle being challenged. The "mob squad" was formed out of fear of embarrassment and a whole lot of butt hurt.

The best thing you can do is think about what I am saying on move on. I'll leave it at that.

ROFL

Sorter 01-24-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9346844)
Prognosticators get too locked into positioning. WHo cares where a guy is picked as long as you feel hes "the guy" and will produce? in hindsite, how many teams wish they would have taken Flacco top 10 now?

Glenn Dorsey was such a much better pick for us...LMAO

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9346821)
The CP implosion when we select someone other than Geno or a QB at #1 is going to be epic.

We'll know more as the draft gets closer.

If the pick is, Smith, Wilson, or Barkley, it will be fine.

We'll see.

ChiefMojo 01-24-2013 09:02 AM

I want a QB in the worst way but I'm not against Star Lotulelei at #1 if our brass somehow deem a QB not worthy at #1.

I know a combo of Star and Poe would be devastating up front. With their size, speed and strength.... there are only so many guys you can double team. They both would be great in a 1-Gap system. Just figure which one fits better at DE and the other at NT.

Again not advocating taking a position not a QB at #1 but myself personally wouldn't be against Star.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/star-lotulelei

Micjones 01-24-2013 09:09 AM

This team does need additional pass rushers, but that's not a pressing need.
Hopefully they can add some help at OLB in Free Agency.

tyton75 01-24-2013 09:13 AM

I really don't think he meant this as a "mock draft" but more like the top 10 players to keep an eye on because they Chiefs just might pick one of them with their #1 pick.

Don't think it was meant for the diehard draftnick who "KNOWS" that Geno is the obvious and only player in the draft worth having on an NFL team.

tyton75 01-24-2013 09:14 AM

I will say, if we had the QB position handled, I would LOVE to see Jarvis Jones on this team.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9346593)
Chiefs will trade out with somebody that wants Joekel. sp

Nobody wants Joeckel.

Fisher is showing everybody he's the better OT right now in Mobile.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 9346931)
I will say, if we had the QB position handled, I would LOVE to see Jarvis Jones on this team.

NO.

Spinal stenosis.

Not rolling those dice, no way, no thanks.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9346876)
I want a QB in the worst way but I'm not against Star Lotulelei at #1 if our brass somehow deem a QB not worthy at #1.

I know a combo of Star and Poe would be devastating up front. With their size, speed and strength.... there are only so many guys you can double team. They both would be great in a 1-Gap system. Just figure which one fits better at DE and the other at NT.

Again not advocating taking a position not a QB at #1 but myself personally wouldn't be against Star.

Yeah, let's spend the #1 overall pick on a guy that can't really rush the passer. The #1 pick is SO worth a wide body to eat up double teams. :rolleyes:

BossChief 01-24-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Starlite is NOT a good pass rushing linemen and is inconsistent otherwise.

Total waste of the top pick as we can get 90% of what he brings by re-signing Dorsey and putting him at the 1 gap nose.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Dude, the "mobster" crowd has been 100% CONSISTENT on Bucky Brooks.

The inconsistency is BUCKY BROOKS.

You quoted him over and over and over because he said Geno wasn't worth the #1 pick.

And then he mocks Geno to the Chiefs #1 overall. THAT is why the "mobster" crowd was quoting him - because he CAN'T KEEP HIS OWN OPINIONS STRAIGHT.

ROFL

Once again, you're wrong.

notorious 01-24-2013 09:22 AM

The ****ing combine can't come soon enough.

tyton75 01-24-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9346950)
NO.

Spinal stenosis.

Not rolling those dice, no way, no thanks.

Forgot all about that. I think its just a "I miss DT" kinda pick cause he appears to have the same type of skill set.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 9346990)
Forgot all about that. I think its just a "I miss DT" kinda pick cause he appears to have the same type of skill set.

I hear that.

Deberg_1990 01-24-2013 09:35 AM

just my opinion, but the only positions that a team should select top 10 are:

QB
Pass Rusher
LT
Freak WRs
CB

Possibly a freak RB like AD, but even thats highly questionable in todays game...

WhiteWhale 01-24-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9347006)
just my opinion, but the only positions that a team should select top 10 are:

QB
Pass Rusher
LT
Freak WRs
CB

Possibly a freak RB like AD, but even thats highly questionable in todays game...

... and from what I've seen I'm not convinced LT belongs on that list anymore.

Shotgun/spread is marginalizing that position big-time.

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9347138)
... and from what I've seen I'm not convinced LT belongs on that list anymore.

Shotgun/spread is marginalizing that position big-time.

Yup.

QB
Pass-rusher (DE/OLB/DT)
CB/Safety
WR
and then LT

I firmly believe that you have to protect your QB but also think that top tier QBs make their OL look a lot better than they really are.

ChiefMojo 01-24-2013 10:20 AM

People keep talking pass rushers (OLB) but we are not going to take one with Hali and Houston here. If Dorsey walks, we will need a DE like it or not. Star is a better pass rusher than either Dorsey or T-Jax anyways but that isn't the main job of a 3-4 DE. Sure it would improve with a 1-Gap system.

I know it blows ones mind thinking LT or DT but what else is at the top of the draft are we going to see outside of OLB's? Possibly a CB like Milliner? Just better pray it is QB indeed at #1!

the Talking Can 01-24-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

wrong

you showed up to shit all over the Smith thread with nonsense about Glennon, and without having a ****ing clue about Smith...and your 'source' then turned out to believe that Smith is actually the best QB

which makes that steaming load you dropped on our thread extra-double pointless, and rendering every 'argument' you made in the thread worthless

you really have a problem with the truth

htismaqe 01-24-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9347177)
wrong

you showed up to shit all over the Smith thread with nonsense about Glennon, and without having a ****ing clue about Smith...and your 'source' then turned out to believe that Smith is actually the best QB

which makes that steaming load you dropped on our thread extra-double pointless, and rendering every 'argument' you made in the thread worthless

you really have a problem with the truth

Yep.

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9347176)
People keep talking pass rushers (OLB) but we are not going to take one with Hali and Houston here. If Dorsey walks, we will need a DE like it or not. Star is a better pass rusher than either Dorsey or T-Jax anyways but that isn't the main job of a 3-4 DE. Sure it would improve with a 1-Gap system.

I know it blows ones mind thinking LT or DT but what else is at the top of the draft are we going to see outside of OLB's? Possibly a CB like Milliner? Just better pray it is QB indeed at #1!

Depends on your scheme/philosophy. I'm sure Watt and Cullen Jenkins would disagree.

WhiteWhale 01-24-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9347197)
Depends on your scheme/philosophy. I'm sure Watt and Cullen Jenkins would disagree.

I always wonder...

Do people think that 34 DE's in a 2 gap system are supposed to hold their gap on a pass play?

Granted, they have to read and react whereas in a 1 gap system they're penetrating immediately... but when they read pass their ONLY JOB is go get after the QB in any system.

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9347224)
I always wonder...

Do people think that 34 DE's in a 2 gap system are supposed to hold their gap on a pass play?

Granted, they have to read and react whereas in a 1 gap system they're penetrating immediately... but when they read pass their ONLY JOB is go get after the QB in any system.

No. However, in a 1-gap in base fronts, you enable your front to get pressure because they only have to play one gap and aren't reacting/holding position.

The primary flaw with the 2-gap for how the game is played now, is that it is simply too slow. For example, a team comes out in base 22 personnel. They run a PA pass. A 2-gap team probably has no chance of really getting presssure if the other team has adequate line play simply due to the time it takes for them to diagnose the play and then adequately react. In a 1-gap in base fronts, the DL is already moving upfield and has a much higher chance of getting penetration on PA and regular passes against base personnel from the offense. JMHO.

Rasputin 01-24-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9346658)
I think it would put the gorilla on his back. If we take a QB #1, I believe we need to go hard after Alex Smith. Before people kill me for saying that, I don't think Alex is the answer at QB. I do think he would be an excellent mentor for someone like Geno because he did go #1 and he had a very hard road during his first few years in the league. He obviously did a good job mentoring Kapernick and I think he would do a good job helping Geno come along.

Do you even know who our coach is? Coach Andy Reid looks for QBs that can pass the ball often and not rely on the run game. Alex Smith is the farthest down the list of a guy to bring in here to teach or "mentor" a passing QB to pass. I'd also argue that Alex Smith didn't do much of any "mentoring" Kaepernick to do what he does on the field. Maybe off the field, but nothing on the field.

I don't want Alex Smith on this team. He would dumb it up for a QBotf we take from the draft with his Cassel esq play.

lololololol Alex Smith is the complete opposite of what Andy Reid looks for in QB I am sure of that.

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9347244)
Do you even know who our coach is? Coach Andy Reid looks for QBs that can pass the ball often and not rely on the run game. Alex Smith is the farthest down the list of a guy to bring in here to teach or "mentor" a passing QB to pass. I'd also argue that Alex Smith didn't do much of any "mentoring" Kaepernick to do what he does on the field. Maybe off the field, but nothing on the field.

I don't want Alex Smith on this team. He would dumb it up for a QBotf we take from the draft with his Cassel esq play.

lololololol Alex Smith is the complete opposite of what Andy Reid looks for in QB I am sure of that.

Additionally, there is no reason Smith, Flynn etc. would come here knowing we're taking a QB. They all want to start, not serve as mentors/ride the bench (from what I've read)

htismaqe 01-24-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9347224)
I always wonder...

By then, it's too late.

Sorter 01-24-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9347280)
By then, it's too late.

Yup. Yup. Yup. /Boxxy

keg in kc 01-24-2013 11:01 AM

• 4. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Smith probably isn’t worthy of being the top pick, but the Chiefs have to solve their QB dilemma somehow.

• 9. Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State: He makes sense for the Chiefs if they believe he can eventually become a franchise quarterback.

Wait, wut?

Sorter 01-24-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9347308)

Wait, wut?

Yeah, I don't get it. Are people really this worried about Geno because he's black or something?

Rausch 01-24-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9346508)
:doh!:

The Star’s Top 10: The best players in draft for Chiefs’ needs
Order Reprints

January 23

As the Chiefs prepare to make the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft for the first time in franchise history, we’ve made our own draft board. Adam Teicher, The Star’s Chiefs reporter, has ranked the top 10 available players who fit the Chiefs’ most pressing needs. Not all are worthy of the No. 1 pick — the Chiefs may decide to trade down — but all are worth keeping an eye on before the draft starts April 25.

• 1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: Chiefs have two Pro Bowlers at this position, so technically outside linebacker is not a need. But Tamba Hali will be 30 next season and it’s difficult to turn down a pass rusher.

I'm ****ing done.

The idea that we would, in any round, at all, bother to take an OLB is ****ing reeruned and shows you have no ****ing clue what the **** you're talking about.

OLB is the strongest aspect of our defense now and the ONLY position I'd say we should not waste a pick on...

Rausch 01-24-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9347311)
Yeah, I don't get it. Are people really this worried about Geno because he's black or something?

Good news: Phat Andy don't care...

Sorter 01-24-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9347319)
I'm ****ing done.

The idea that we would, in any round, at all, bother to take an OLB is ****ing reeruned and shows you have no ****ing clue what the **** you're talking about.

OLB is the strongest aspect of our defense now and the ONLY point I'd say we should not wasted a pick on...

I would have loved for us to get one last year and would like us to get one in the later rounds if a solid prospect is available. I think it is good to be 3 deep at OLB but you're right, it isn't a pressing need.

Sorter 01-24-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9347324)
Good news: Phat Andy don't care...

Andy loves the dark chocolate.

dallaschiefsfan 01-24-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9346592)
The list should be only two:

Tyler Wilson
Geno Smith

THIS. The fact that Glennon is in the list is stupid.

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

I'm not against Star Lotulelei at #1 if our brass somehow deem a QB not worthy at #1.

I am. No way. He's not even a pass rusher.

TEX 01-24-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9347319)
I'm ****ing done.

OLB is the strongest aspect of our defense now and the ONLY position I'd say we should not waste a pick on...

Dorsey does belive in drafting the BAP so don't be surprised by anything...:shrug:

saphojunkie 01-24-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9347834)
Dorsey does belive in drafting the BAP so don't be surprised by anything...:shrug:

I am calling 100% BULLSHIT on this whole "Derpa Derp I'm John Dorsey and I only take the best player available!" nonsense.

The Packers passed on Colin Kaepernick for Derrick Sherrod with the 32nd pick. Why not? CLEARLY kaepernick is the better "player."

So what's the problem?
  • You needed an offensive tackle? So NEED is more important, then, huh?
  • You didn't think Colin Kaepernick was good enough? So you're not a great talent evaluator after all, huh?
  • You didn't think Kaepernick fit your offensive system? So FIT is more important then, huh?

Or how about how they drafted six straight defensive players the year after they were ranked last in team defense? They passed on Russel Wilson, too.

so once again, we see John Dorsey not spending draft picks on obvious depth. Why not? Is the QB position somehow...dare we say...different than others when it comes to the draft?