ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Iron Maiden Coming to KC on 9-7-13 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271961)

Consistent1 09-05-2013 04:49 PM

Did you roll the 20 sided dice a bunch too....I used to have a crazy set of dice for D+D.

MTG#10 09-05-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9935520)
I liked madien when I read books about wizards and dragons.

Then I got laid.

So Maiden fans are D&D nerds who dont know what vagina is? Gotcha

Consistent1 09-05-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9941138)
Wizards and dragons?/ What songs are those? :doh!:

He has a good point that they had a lot of weird lyrics, even just Sign Of the Cross and Murders in the Rue Morgue are bad enough. They kick ass for workouts and mowing yards, but Maiden was always sorta out there.

Halfcan 09-05-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9941156)
He has a good point that they had a lot of weird lyrics, even just Sign Of the Cross and Murders in the Rue Morgue are bad enough. They kick ass for workouts and mowing yards, but Maiden was always sorta out there.

Well they are named after a torture device-lol

"Put them in the Iron Maiden"

Bill and Ted- "Rad"

"Off with their heads!"

B & T "Bogus"

Best movie line ever!

Dio- had Dragons and Wizards- btw Black Sabbath had Ferries wearing boots-lol

GloucesterChief 09-05-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9941156)

Sign of the Cross is about losing your faith and if you will still be saved. Murders in the Rue Morgue of course is based on the Edgar Allen Poe story of the same name.

Fantasy really doesn't come up in their lyrics very much. History mostly then Sci-Fi, and finally classical literature.

Halfcan 09-06-2013 09:48 AM

:rockon: Going to be a Rocking Weekend!!

KC DC at Worth Harley tonight..

Maiden tomorrow nite!!

Fairplay 09-06-2013 09:59 AM

I am not worthy, this would be a good show to see for sure.

:rockon:

Dayze 09-06-2013 10:23 AM

I watched a Megadeth concert on Netflix; man they still kill it.

I'm now swaying towards Megadeth is better than Metallica. Yeah, I said it. come at me bro'

patteeu 09-06-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9935506)
Got you beat. Saw them in '83 in Portland, OR on their "World Piece" tour.

TBH, though, wasn't really a fan then and still not.

I saw them in October '83 on that tour too. I missed a test at school to come home and see it and it wrecked my grade in that class for the semester.

Halfcan 09-06-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9944305)

I'm now swaying towards Megadeth is better than Metallica. Yeah, I said it. come at me bro'

:thumb: I agree. I always thought Dave was a D bag- but if you watch the interviews lately- he is kind of a shy dude and very thankful for music. Should be a killer show- of course they are always good.

Consistent1 09-06-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 9941565)
Sign of the Cross is about losing your faith and if you will still be saved. Murders in the Rue Morgue of course is based on the Edgar Allen Poe story of the same name.

Fantasy really doesn't come up in their lyrics very much. History mostly then Sci-Fi, and finally classical literature.

As I said I have so much Maiden shit.

I just agree with hillbilly that they come across awkward to many people.

When I was in high school I had hundreds of "metal" tapes, but would not buy Maiden stuff. I remember having metal band tournaments in 7th ****ing grade, where we had to vote on who was better. Hit Parader and Circus man. The covers were just stupid to me at the time.

But I listen to them a ton know, but all the historical and mythical stuff make his point.

Consistent1 09-06-2013 06:34 PM

Is Reaper passed out, surprised he hasn't posted yet arguing genres and shit. ha

Dayze 09-06-2013 06:36 PM

I forget what the concert is called in Netflix, nut it looked pretty recent. Sounded great.

They definitely need more run on the radio. Shocked that they don't and Metallica still is. Don't get me wrong Metallica is awesome, but megadeth is right next to them ,

GloucesterChief 09-06-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9944305)

Mustaine I feel is a much better song writer then Hetfield

Reaper16 09-07-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9945650)
Is Reaper passed out, surprised he hasn't posted yet arguing genres and shit. ha

No one has said anything wrong about genre yet.

I'm not going to get upset over someone not liking Iron Maiden. I've matured. People can like what they like, and I will sit back, content in the knowledge that I have better taste.