ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Why can't Tebow play quarterback? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268126)

Hootie 12-29-2012 02:08 PM

I guess I didn't realize this was a girl writer...but I lol'd when they described Josh Duhamel as the "hot actor"...

Hootie 12-29-2012 02:09 PM

I have zero respect for any "expert analyst" who has any sort of faith in Tim Tebow being an NFL caliber QB...starter, backup OR third string.

htismaqe 12-29-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9247958)
Why? because in most cases... quarterbacks are required to throw the ball.

He beat the Chiefs, to qualify for the playoffs, and the Steelers, for a playoff win, WITH HIS ARM.

Hootie 12-29-2012 02:16 PM

yeah, you're right

1 of his 2 completions against the Chiefs last year was a game winning TD pass

Hootie 12-29-2012 02:17 PM

and that DEEP 10 yard post to Demaryius Thomas who ran 70 yards for a TD was a very impressive pass

almost made up for the 10 short hops he threw that game previously

I did own that game thread, though...when everyone wrote off Pittsburgh after they trailed by 17. That was the RIP Hamas thread as well.

Hootie 12-29-2012 02:18 PM

I have a scouting report on Tim Tebow: From me:

He's a less talented running version of Colin Kaepernick who can't throw.

Easy 6 12-29-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9248562)
He beat the Chiefs, to qualify for the playoffs, and the Steelers, for a playoff win, WITH HIS ARM.

So you're saying you want to sign him as the QBOTF :hmmm:

htismaqe 12-29-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9248580)
So you're saying you want to sign him as the QBOTF :hmmm:

Of course. The world is either black or white.

kcfanXIII 12-29-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanathol (Post 9247352)
He's better than anything on the Chiefs' roster...

this isn't proof that tebow is good, its proof the chiefs don't have a competent QB on their roster.

crazycoffey 12-29-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9248735)

Tell that to the Hispanics and Asians.

Easy 6 12-29-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9248735)

What point are you really aiming for though?

So he got lucky in a few games, that doesnt mean he has any business being a QB.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

htismaqe 12-29-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9249131)
What point are you really aiming for though?

So he got lucky in a few games, that doesnt mean he has any business being a QB.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

He wasn't lucky. He made PERFECT throws at key times that won games.

The point is that this idea that "he has no business being a QB" is hogwash. He's better than at least a 3rd of the current starting QBs in the league. Hell, he's better than BOTH of the guys starting ahead of him in New York.

Does that mean I think a team should build around him as an every-down starter? Hell no. Just don't believe in hyperbole.

Easy 6 12-29-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9249167)
He wasn't lucky. He made PERFECT throws at key times that won games.

The point is that this idea that "he has no business being a QB" is hogwash. He's better than at least a 3rd of the current starting QBs in the league. Hell, he's better than BOTH of the guys starting ahead of him in New York.

Does that mean I think a team should build around him as an every-down starter? Hell no. Just don't believe in hyperbole.

In my opinion, if no one is willing to build around him long-term, then he doesnt have any business being a QB... its asking too much of any team.

If they dont have a very similar player as his backup, then they have to totally overhaul their offense if Tebow is injured... its too much trouble for just one guy.

He won some big games, and made a few big throws, but as soon as he lined up in front of a top D he was totally exposed, indeed clowned... thats no hyperbole.

htismaqe 12-29-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9249208)
In my opinion, if no one is willing to build around him long-term, then he doesnt have any business being a QB... its asking too much of any team.

If they dont have a very similar player as his backup, then they have to totally overhaul their offense if Tebow is injured... its too much trouble for just one guy.

He won some big games, and made a few big throws, but as soon as he lined up in front of a top D he was totally exposed, indeed clowned... thats no hyperbole.

The first two paragraphs I agree with.

He beat the Steelers in the playoffs. They had a "top D".

Easy 6 12-29-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9249218)
The first two paragraphs I agree with.

He beat the Steelers in the playoffs. They had a "top D".

Yeah, the steelers are always tough on that side of the ball, but they've been slipping lately, and last years playoffs is where it really started becoming evident.

I dont hate on the guy, he's actually a helluva football player.