ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Parental Advice- Re: Xbox 360 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269693)

Hammock Parties 02-04-2013 08:35 PM

Tell him you sold it. LMAO

Teach the little goblin a lesson.

Frazod 02-04-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9378809)
It could also be that you're just a shitty father and your son is mirroring that as a result?

This probably isn't the best place for you to showcase exactly how much of a douche you are.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9378815)
This probably isn't the best place for you to showcase exactly how much of a douche you are.

He has a very narrow head, he can't help it.

O.city 02-04-2013 08:37 PM

Start stealing shit from him. Well, not really.

I'd probably take it away for a while, my parents used to always just take the controlers when I got in trouble. So there is that.

J Diddy 02-04-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9378720)
When I was a kid around his age I did something similar. My folks made me take the item to their door and tell them what I had done and apologize. It was so humiliating I never considered doing anything like that again.

I remember when I was 10 I took a piece of 3 cent gum from the local gas station. I got caught, beat and spent the entire summer cleaning in that store for free.

I learned my lesson well.

QuikSsurfer 02-04-2013 08:39 PM

Deleting his saved progress?? You think that hurts? The kid still has his achievement points! Delete the gamertag
Sell the 360
Buy a PS3
Profit

Raiderhater58 02-04-2013 08:41 PM

you need to do a little more than sell the Xbox

EagleRob 02-04-2013 08:43 PM

This is more than theft or lying. He needs to be taught about fundamental TRUST. Right now, you shouldn't trust him to do the right thing when nobody is watching. There's something deeper going on and you need to dig into it with a good man-to-man talk about hnor and values and what it really means to be a man. Respect for yourself and others if that needs to be articulated. In the meantime, mega-restriction on some of the freedoms that he has enjoyed over the years. Lock him down for a while - grounding, no electronics, nothing but homework and reading for at least two weeks. He earns your trust back then he earns the freedoms commensurate with that trust - and not until and certainly not all at once. Not to be dramatic, but if this isn't curtailed by Dad at age 11, it will be dealt with at age 16 by the Law. Find out why he feels the need to take from others. Is he not getting something basic in his life that the stealing helps to ease emotionally or is there more to it? Might take more than one talk, but in order for him to regain your trust, you need to convince him to communicate openly about his feelings.

Pin Head 02-04-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9378815)

I think that you're the douche I also think that your own son would agree and anyone else within earshot.

wazu 02-04-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9378832)
This is more than theft or lying. He needs to be taught about fundamental TRUST. Right now, you shouldn't trust him to do the right thing when nobody is watching. There's something deeper going on and you need to dig into it with a good man-to-man talk about hnor and values and what it really means to be a man. Respect for yourself and others if that needs to be articulated. In the meantime, mega-restriction on some of the freedoms that he has enjoyed over the years. Lock him down for a while - grounding, no electronics, nothing but homework and reading for at least two weeks. He earns your trust back then he earns the freedoms commensurate with that trust - and not until and certainly not all at once. Not to be dramatic, but if this isn't curtailed by Dad at age 11, it will be dealt with at age 16 by the Law. Find out why he feels the need to take from others. Is he not getting something basic in his life that the stealing helps to ease emotionally or is there more to it? Might take more than one talk, but in order for him to regain your trust, you need to convince him to communicate openly about his feelings.

And above all, make sure you teach him to boo Santa Claus, AMIRITE?

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9378826)
Deleting his saved progress?? You think that hurts? The kid still has his achievement points! Delete the gamertag
Sell the 360
Buy a PS3
Profit

Sage advice here, esp the ps3 part.

EagleRob 02-04-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9378840)
And above all, make sure you teach him to boo Santa Claus, AMIRITE?

Santa Claus deserved it. My parents told me he was real. Then he wasn't. Then there he was.

Frazod 02-04-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9378835)
I think that you're the douche I also think that your own son would agree and anyone else within earshot.

I always love it when some dumb**** n00b puts the KICK ME sign on his ass himself. LMAO

QuikSsurfer 02-04-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9378842)
Sage advice here, esp the ps3 part.

If you really wanna teach a young gamer a lesson, buy them a Wii.

Bump 02-04-2013 08:50 PM

Your kid needs some discipline for sure