ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:21 PM

Criswell's FTs there ... well, they had no alibi, let's just say that.

Shut up, I'm tired.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:22 PM

THAT'S what you do, Ross! Use your freakish linebacker strength to get to the hole and the line.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:24 PM

Should've listened to your boy Stanley, Ross. You don't have any depth perception, so it's no coincidence you're left wide open.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:25 PM

Jank out of position and out-muscled on D. I'm just glad it's against UGA.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:26 PM

Brown gets the green light on threes. His height and shooting motion takes the defender out of the equation, so he's going to hit a good percentage of those.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9326659)
Yet another reason for concern. It's completely on Haith to create chemistry during practice that can translate during games. He's got to be vocally supportive and constantly reinforce his philosophies, and if his in-game behavior is any indicator, he's really not pushy (or at least consistent) in that regard. I'm still impressed and satisfied with him, but I think last year set a precedent that maybe Haith doesn't deserve as of yet. I expected the transfers to be a one-off situation so Haith could rebuild from the mess Suitcase Mike left us, but he seems to be after the Juco and transfers once again. I don't know quite what to think at this point, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt... for now.

I empathize with that belief, but he lost any benefit of the doubt with me the minute the clock ticked zero on the worst loss in the history of the program.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:31 PM

I'd really like MU to win by 14 or more. I knew that was a silly proposition.

|Zach| 01-16-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9326689)
I empathize with that belief, but he lost any benefit of the doubt with me the minute the clock ticked zero on the worst loss in the history of the program.

At what point did Haith receive "the benefit of the doubt" from you.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9326689)

I understand that, and see your point, but I think all but a few teams in the country would've lost that day. We missed our opportunities late, to be sure, but NSU was out of their minds. That's only partially on our defense.

Thanks though, for bringing back to mind a game that took many gallons of alcohol to forcibly repress.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

Definitely seeing some cracks in Haith's coaching.

This year was going to be a challenge regardless, because of how many new players (freshmen and transfers) were coming in. Getting that group to play with cohesion is a challenge.

The injury issues of late have affected the rotation, and it's showing up in bad rotations and too many open perimeter looks. Communication out there MUST improve. I've seen guards get pinned by Oriakhi's man a lot on screens... and that cannot happen. He has to let those guys know his man is about to hit them.

It's not an easy task, but that's why Haith makes the big money.

Next year will be a huge test for Haith. How does he look without a premium point guard to drive the offense? They also are going to need JW3 and Keanu Post to make instant impacts in the rotation inside.

It sounds like Jordan Clarkson - the last transfer - is going to be a stud on the wing and might handle duties at the point. They're going to need it.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

Stanley lit a fire under Ross, that's who.

stonedstooge 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

Nice play there

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:37 PM

AO, stop it. Stop it.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9326723)
It sounds like Jordan Clarkson - the last transfer - is going to be a stud on the wing and might handle duties at the point. They're going to need it.

I have (apprehensive) hope that he and Clark will be able to handle those duties.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:40 PM

Ross- there was no chair underneath you.

PS- Fox, you're a shit coach. And, that was a foul.