ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

DFB 10-30-2007 12:07 AM

Harry Smith is over with me. I liked the fact that he was the greenest, yet biggest guy in the tag team match. He's got it, for sure.

Mecca 10-30-2007 12:09 AM

I don't even consider him green, he's been wrestling for quite awhile and grew up with it.

And he was in a match with shitty ass Kennedy and lazy Carlito.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-30-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I don't even consider him green, he's been wrestling for quite awhile and grew up with it.

Kennedy is fucking horrendous.

Mecca 10-30-2007 12:39 AM

Hamas......did you hear that f4w audio when they ripped on him, it's ****in great.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 03:31 AM

I guess we're looking at another month of this. They ****ing blew any potential Jerispike in the ratings, though, with that boring show.

WE'VE KIND OF ALREADY BROKEN THE CODE GUYS

At least the crowd booed the shit out of the **** Search. Thank you, Philly.

Quote:

Yeah, he wasn't exactly going against the best guys to showcase your abilities, but he still looked fantastic.

The only problem I have is that they're pushing him as "D.H." That's a horribly clunky name, and they don't even have another Harry on the roster. "Harry Smith" is so butch you can taste it. Either way, I eagerly await seeing him become a superstar/get ****ed over by horrific booking.

Because Santino says it to be so! (Was that a Boris Alexiev voice he was using for Stone Cold?)

GoChiefsWannabe 10-30-2007 03:37 AM

Actually watching that awful RAW was almost made up for by the Santino segment.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 04:00 AM

Wow... browsing the internets, people are PISSED OFF. Not in a "Grrrrrrr, Cena overcomes the odds for a thousandth time" way, or a "TRIPLE H JUST BURIED PUNK DID YOU SEE THAT" way, but in an enraged sort of way. And judging by the crowd's reaction last night, no matter how smarky a town Philly may be, I'm guessing a lot of that anger carries over to the general fanbase.

It's just such a WCW move to whip the fans into a frenzy and then pull the rug out from under them at the last second to "build heat" when it's already at a fever pitch. It doesn't make anyone more excited, and it doesn't "show them who's boss," it just pisses them off and makes them less likely to keep watching.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Mecca 10-30-2007 04:23 AM

I think Vince enjoys giving the Philly market the finger...

and DH Smith would be a great partner for abe knuckleball schwartz.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 04:33 AM

Well, no better way to give a market the finger than spending two hours promoting next week's show.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 04:50 AM

Ahahahaha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wade Keller
At least when WCW promised Glacier, someone showed up.

Blood runs cold!

(I thought Mortis was the bee's knees. Who betta than Mortis?)

BigRock 10-30-2007 05:12 AM

I'm amazed Wade Keller is functional enough to turn on a computer.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 05:20 AM

He probably had help with that part.

beach tribe 10-30-2007 05:36 AM

heh.....rasslin still alive, and well in the day and age of MMA. A mystery to me.

BTW my girlfriend hung out with the Rock yesterday while they gave his mom 19 dental implants.

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 06:11 AM

Huh. Turkeys still alive and well, in the day and age of dolphins.

Mecca 10-30-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe
heh.....rasslin still alive, and well in the day and age of MMA. A mystery to me.

BTW my girlfriend hung out with the Rock yesterday while they gave his mom 19 dental implants.

Just so you know, wrestling and MMA don't go hand in hand. I like wrestling and find MMA kinda boring...

GoChiefsWannabe 10-30-2007 06:57 AM

Assuming Jericho does return soon, who else here would drool over a Jeff Hardy/Jericho extended program? Hardy gets a rub from a legit top star, and the in-ring alone would be worth paying for.

beach tribe 10-30-2007 06:57 AM

Quote:

Just so you know, wrestling and MMA don't go hand in hand. I like wrestling and find MMA kinda boring...

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
REAL FIGHTING vs a SOAP OPERA!!!!!

Ultra Peanut 10-30-2007 07:29 AM

MMA is to wrestling as apples are to ice cream.

You just said it yourself, actually, so I don't know why that's hard to grasp. I don't watch Scrubs to see discourse about the current state of US-Middle East relations, and I don't watch wrestling to see who can beat up whom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Assuming Jericho does return soon, who else here would drool over a Jeff Hardy/Jericho extended program? Hardy gets a rub from a legit top star, and the in-ring alone would be worth paying for.

Eh. Hardy's history is never going to let him become a main eventer. He's kind of like Kane: perpetually over upper midcarder and JTTS, though with less jobby tendencies.

If you're looking to elevate someone, better to have Jericho in a program with Kennedy, even with as much of a ****up he's been lately. Or, if brands weren't an issue... no, I'm not even going to say it.

Okay, Morrison. Or Burke. Or Punk. Jericho and any one of those guys would be the ****ing best, from both an entertainment and wrestling standpoint. And heyyyyy, what better way to boost ratings than to bring back an ECW Original/original WWF Undisputed champion, m i rite?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-30-2007 07:34 AM

I think Beth Phoenix could beat Kennedy right now.

beach tribe 10-30-2007 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
MMA is to wrestling as apples are to ice cream.

You just said it yourself, actually, so I don't know why that's hard to grasp. I don't watch Scrubs to see discourse about the current state of US-Middle East relations, and I don't watch wrestling to see who can beat up whom.

Good point sir. I feel like I just learned something.

Ultra Peanut 10-31-2007 05:22 AM

"That which by day is abyss, by night is heaven." - John Morrison, on wrestling

ECW is like bubblegum-flavored mouthwash. It packs more awesomeness into one hour than iMPACT and Raw combined do into four.

Oh, and the Paul E. Dreamer/Little Dracula match was utterly hilarious.

Ultra Peanut 11-02-2007 04:25 AM

On one hand, I find it strange that the MCMGs are essentially faces now.

On the other, they're extremely over, and as long as they get to be E&C style lovable assholes, it'll be fine.

Until they're buried by the Dudleys at Genesis.

The Bad Guy 11-02-2007 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
I cannot believe that Creative is actually building a storyline through subtlety (the Mickey-Murdoch-Cade thing).

I wonder if Cade will make like his mentor and superkick Murdoch, then chuck him through the window of the Barber Shop...

Janetty tried to dive through a window to escape...ROFL ROFL

Bobby Heenan was the greatest wrestling announcer.

Ultra Peanut 11-04-2007 02:22 AM

Holy crap, Moolah's dead. I think I kind of expected her to live forever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
Bobby Heenan was the greatest wrestling announcer.

Yes.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-04-2007 04:00 AM

Jesse Ventura was pretty good too.

HolmeZz 11-05-2007 06:52 PM

IS TONIGHT THE NIGHT?

Prolly not.

HolmeZz 11-05-2007 09:12 PM

Austin wrecked the crowd with that beer bath.

Ultra Peanut 11-06-2007 07:51 AM

That opening segment should have been awful, with all the "oooh, we're breaking kayfabe!" stuff, but it turned out to be pretty fun. The run sheet, Boogeyman politely asking if he could join DX, Khali just wandering to the back of the pack without argument.

And Santino, holy crap. It's becoming expected by this point, but he was ****ing amazing. He completely outclassed Austin on the mic.

BigRock 11-06-2007 12:13 PM

What a lost opportunity to have the Great Khali bust out some crotch chops. Would there be anything better in the history of televised wrestling than Khali going to town on his man region? I say no.

Ultra Peanut 11-06-2007 12:20 PM

LET'S GRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAGRHRGHRGHGRHRHRRRGHHGG **** YOU

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-09-2007 01:49 AM

Bump for the 10th anniversary of the Montreal Screwjob.

Mecca 11-09-2007 01:50 AM

I enjoy how Chris Masters got fired...brilliant man there.

Ultra Peanut 11-09-2007 03:30 PM

CHRIS SCREWED CHRIS

Ultra Peanut 11-09-2007 09:12 PM

http://www.wwe.com/inside/cenaoncnn/

Hahaha, nice editing CNN. That was about as legit as a Daily Show interview.

Ultra Peanut 11-11-2007 09:42 PM

Oh, Booker. Why would you do this to yourself?

Ultra Peanut 11-11-2007 09:56 PM

WHAT THE ****

WORST COMPANY EVER

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

dirk digler 11-11-2007 10:02 PM

English please

Ultra Peanut 11-11-2007 10:11 PM

TNA is amazingly dumb. When you think it's gotten as bad as it could get, they blast through the bottom with dynamite.

The end.

dirk digler 11-11-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

TNA is amazingly dumb. When you think it's gotten as bad as it could get, they blast through the bottom with dynamite.

The end.

I hear Booker T was the mystery guest is that what you are talking about?

Ultra Peanut 11-11-2007 10:20 PM

Booker T is the mystery guest. Okay, whatever. The roster's already overloaded, but Booker's cool.

The match. Stupid, unnecessary concept, but whatever.

The finish. Tomko and Styles run out for no apparent reason and help Nash/Angle. Karen Angle comes out for no apparent reason. Sharmell comes out and gets all "no-you-di'int" on Karen's skinny ass. Then, as Nash is about to jackknife Sting, AJ slides the belt to Angle and he lays out Nash before hitting the Olympic Slam on Sting. The ref is in the middle of Karen-Sharmell, again for no apparent reason, so Angle strolls out, retrieves him, and covers Sting for the 1-2-3.

Where was Booker? Uh... ? Why would they set up an obvious kickout spot and then not have Sting, uh... kick out? No apparent reason, of course.

The current popular theory is that Booker saw what a mess TNA was first hand and decided to get the hell out of there.

This was pretty nice, though:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Market Gravy
I wonder if Samoa Joe was sitting in the back, watching the latest guy to come in higher on the ladder than him become a non-factor in his debut match with the company.

I wonder if Joe is looking for a gun right now.

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2007 08:37 PM

"You are stupid! I hate you!"

"JERRY STUPID LAWLER!"

<3 Santino

In other news, the entire Smackdown roster has been drafted by Raw. Smackdown has received Todd Grisham and Mr. Kennedy.

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2007 09:22 PM

6_DAYS 23_HOURS 33_MINUTES
BREAK_THE_WALLS
NEXT_MONDAY

Layin' it on a little thick, aren't you WWE?

Andy Kaufman reference? Check.
Montreal Screwjob reference? Check.

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2007 09:44 PM

ANGRY LETTERS A-COMIN'

This Raw is interminable.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-12-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

ANGRY LETTERS A-COMIN'

This Raw is interminable.

You mean a pre-taped semi-main event between a little person and a broadcaster wasn't to your liking??

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2007 09:54 PM

Coach as Khali was actually amusing for a minute, but what the **** was the rest of that? An empty arena (reminded me of the Benoit tribute show at first), a hilariously offensive Indian accent for a guy with no accent, and it went on for like eight minutes. Jesus Christ.

And the Lawler vs. midgets flashback didn't exactly make the Hornswoggle bit look any better.

And I don't give a **** about this main event. Why am I even watching this shit?

MASS EFFECT COMMERCIAL JESUS WILL THE TORTURE NEVER END

Mecca 11-12-2007 09:59 PM

No one cares about the midget yet he gets on TV every week.

Ultra Peanut 11-12-2007 10:06 PM

Oooh, a cluster**** finish. Who saw that coming? WE'REOUTTATIMESEEYOUONTHUNDER

Someone needs to rub the writers' noses in this Raw.

Al Bundy 11-12-2007 10:35 PM

I watched the UCF- UAB game the other night and Coach was doing the play by play. He actually does a VERY good job at it.

Ultra Peanut 11-13-2007 01:38 AM

I watched that, too. It's bizarre hearing his voice while watching football.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-13-2007 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For UP:

Demonpenz 11-13-2007 07:06 PM

Who is coach? someone have a link and what he does and how he does play by play?

y2j forever

Reaper16 11-13-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
Who is coach? someone have a link and what he does and how he does play by play?

y2j forever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Coachman

You may remember him from his days at KMBC Channel 9 news in KC.

Ultra Peanut 11-13-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

For UP:

CLARENCE MASON IS THE BOSS
CROSSIN' T'S AND DOTTIN' I'S

Ultra Peanut 11-13-2007 08:08 PM

Way to go, Double Double E. You sure showed those stupid internet geeks!

http://i17.tinypic.com/717p0cj.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz

y2j forever

EVERYBODY OUT THEY SEATS

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXTmx1vfK1I&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXTmx1vfK1I&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-13-2007 10:11 PM

Are you fucking serious? Those dumbasses.

Mecca 11-15-2007 01:33 AM

FULL DETAILS ON THE BACKSTAGE INCIDENT THAT TURNED PHYSICAL INVOLVING JBL AND JOHN MORRISON AT LAST NIGHT'S SMACKDOWN TAPINGS
by Mike Johnson

As I broke exclusively this morning on the PWInsider.com Elite Hotline, there was an incident last night at the Smackdown/ECW taping in Wichita, Kansas stemming from the performances of The Miz and John Morrison on ECW on Sci Fi last night and this Friday's Smackdown.

According to numerous sources, JBL gathered several wrestlers together after the taping ended including Morrison, The Miz, MVP, CM Punk, and Matt Hardy. JBL berated Miz and Morrison for their commentary work on ECW, feeling that their back and forth on the show overshadowed the Punk vs. Jamie Noble match and made Punk look bad going into the Survivor Series PPV. He also ran down the pair for their work during a match against Hardy and MVP that will air this Friday on the CW Network.

As it was explained to me, JBL was basically standing up for the performers he felt had gone out of their way to make Miz and Morrison look good, only for the duo to not hold up their end by doing the same and making everyone involved look poor going into the PPV.

JBL told the two that they needed to apologize to Punk, Hardy and MVP for making them look bad. While Miz was apologetic, Morrison was said to have been angered by JBL's actions, telling the former WWE champion that it wasn't his business to tell Morrison what he was to do. Morrison said that he would apologize but JBL's input had nothing to do with it, cursed at JBL and at one point, physically shoved him away. The shove led to the two going back and forth briefly with John Laurinaitis and other WWE staff separating the two before it could go beyond the shove physically.

Ultra Peanut 11-15-2007 06:57 AM

I don't even care if JBL pissed down Morrison's throat at this point. I'm just pissed at the spoilers for that MattVP/MM match, because WHAT THE **** ARE THEY THINKING? GOD ****ING DAMNIT YOU PIECES OF DONKEY DOG TURD SHIT THAT IS NOT WHERE YOU TAKE THIS AMAZING ANGLE!

Ultra Peanut 11-16-2007 05:11 AM

SAMOA JOE HAS JOINED THE NWO

Ultra Peanut 11-18-2007 01:48 AM

MATT YOU BROKE MVP'S HEART

YOU DESERVED THIS

YOU ASKED FOR THIS

Ultra Peanut 11-18-2007 07:17 PM

Punk retains. Too short, considering how mediocre the rest of the card looks, but a fun match. The hurricanrana to powerbomb spot was pretty cool.

Ultra Peanut 11-18-2007 07:44 PM

Texan Destroyer!

Ultra Peanut 11-18-2007 07:48 PM

CONTINUITY! KATIE VICK! Everyone thinks Triple H is a dick!

Ultra Peanut 11-18-2007 09:13 PM

Oh my ****ing God.

http://i16.tinypic.com/6xrwgaq.gif

Ultra Peanut 11-19-2007 08:14 PM

Welcome, everyone, to RAW. IS. JERICHO!!!!!!

HolmeZz 11-19-2007 08:20 PM

He didn't come out yet right? I'm trying to watch Raw and Heroes at the same time.

I need TiVo. :(

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-19-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
He didn't come out yet right? I'm trying to watch Raw and Heroes at the same time.

Or Picture in Picture and a box with two tuners.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-19-2007 08:26 PM

I'm going to beat you like a Government Dog.

Ultra Peanut 11-19-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz

You poor, pitiful soul.

HOLY SHIT JERICHO JUST SUPLEXED THE ROCK OFF THE TOP OF THE TITANTRON

You're missing Santino do an awesome Lawler impersonation after opening the can of the ass whip. Aww, Lawler's back up again. Annnnnnd he just buried Santino ag--why the **** is Orton out here?

Ultra Peanut 11-19-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

I'm going to beat you like a Government Dog.

Knobberslockers!

Ultra Peanut 11-19-2007 08:30 PM

Did Shawn rape Kennedy or something, because otherwise this promo is really weird.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-19-2007 08:34 PM

Is Kennedy gonna start crying?

Ultra Peanut 11-19-2007 08:40 PM

"When Carlito was a kid, his father used to beat the crap out of him for any little mistake. Then daddy would gave me a bunch of world title reigns to make me feel better. That's when Carlito learned that work ethic is for people who don't have good daddies."

Mecca 11-19-2007 08:41 PM

Since Carlito is leaving he's going to job to a midget on his way out......you can tell they think highly of him.

Ultra Peanut 11-19-2007 08:43 PM

From WWE.com: WWE has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Carlito. We wish Carlito the... you know what, Carlito? **** off.

Mecca 11-19-2007 08:47 PM

Carlito actually asked to be released.

Ultra Peanut 11-19-2007 08:48 PM

Yeah, but you can see how highly they think of his half-assing by the way they've decided to send him off. There's going out on your back, and going out on your back to a midget.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-19-2007 08:48 PM

So Carlito is officially leaving?

Good fucking riddance to the executor of the worst sprinboard manuevers this side of Andre the Giant.

CoMoChief 11-19-2007 08:49 PM

Wrestling has been so reeruned ever since The Rock left.

Mecca 11-19-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

So Carlito is officially leaving?

Good fucking riddance to the executor of the worst sprinboard manuevers this side of Andre the Giant.

And sadly there are probably still worse guys on the roster.....

I wish they'd fire the midget he's pointless.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-19-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

And sadly there are probably still worse guys on the roster.....

I wish they'd fire the midget he's pointless.

Kennedy is legitimately awful. I don't understand why the IWC was on his jock so hard a while back.

At first I hated You-MANGA, but he has made the most of his gimmick. He just needs to get the hell away from HHH.

Hornswoggle is like the new millenium's Gillberg.