ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Gonzo 07-15-2012 09:09 PM

Things will certainly be awesome.

AMC definitely knows how to make a great show. That being said, WTF IS THIS STOOPID SHIT THEY'RE SHOWING RIGHT NOW?

KcMizzou 07-15-2012 09:10 PM

I still feel like eventually Jesse will end up taking Walt out.

Gonzo 07-15-2012 09:12 PM

Preview for next week on in a minute.

Zebedee DuBois 07-15-2012 09:23 PM

Machine gun from the intro remains unexplained.
Next week preview, was that a German come to town to look into their chicken investment?
"Because I said so."
"I forgive you"

Reaper16 07-15-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8743513)
Chances Cayman accounts lead to Walt?

It will lead to Madrigal Electromotive. And who knows what that portends.

Buck 07-15-2012 09:28 PM

Maybe the beginning of every episode will have a little scene from the future. That would be cool.

notorious 07-15-2012 09:28 PM

Good to have it back on.

Walt sure is full of himself. His Ego is huge.

Reaper16 07-15-2012 09:28 PM

I see that Breaking Bad is turning into a show of increasingly-improbable capers, devices, plot points of international criminal conspiracy, etc. It's disappointing, and the past two episodes of the show lead me to think that BB will ultimately wind up in the class of a show like The Shield -- towards the back end of the top 5-8 dramas ever. Which is not exactly an insult, but still.

Buck 07-15-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8743572)
I see that Breaking Bad is turning into a show of increasingly-improbable capers, devices, plot points of international criminal conspiracy, etc. It's disappointing, and the past two episodes of the show lead me to think that BB will ultimately wind up in the class of a show like The Shield -- towards the back end of the top 5-8 dramas ever. Which is not exactly an insult, but still.

If you were a superhero, you'd be Overreaction Man.

-King- 07-15-2012 09:47 PM

Something came up and I missed the last 45 minutes. Anyone know of any streams showing the episode? Torrents?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16 07-15-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8743578)
If you were a superhero, you'd be Overreaction Man.

That's probably not true. I don't think its fair to say that I have a history of overreaction.

The show, over the past 3 or 4 episodes really, has been moving towards being in favor of awesome, entertaining moments. Towards a grander scope. The larger in scope the show gets, the further it moves away from the small, human drama that it was.

That's not a bad thing, exactly. It's going to be ****ing awesome to watch, and it will still operate as one of the supreme character studies in the history of television.

I just think this direction, if followed through, will cement Mad Men (and probably The Sopranos and Deadwood) ahead of it in terms of lasting artistic merit.

Buck 07-15-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8743615)
That's probably not true. I don't think its fair to say that I have a history of overreaction.

The show, over the past 3 or 4 episodes really, has been moving towards being in favor of awesome, entertaining moments. Towards a grander scope. The larger in scope the show gets, the further it moves away from the small, human drama that it was.

That's not a bad thing, exactly. It's going to be ****ing awesome to watch, and it will still operate as one of the supreme character studies in the history of television.

I just think this direction, if followed through, will cement Mad Men (and probably The Sopranos and Deadwood) ahead of it in terms of lasting artistic merit.

There are still 15 episodes left and you're moving it to "The Shield" as far as greatness is concerned because of the last couple episodes.

That's overreacting.

Reaper16 07-15-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8743620)
There are still 15 episodes left and you're moving it to "The Shield" as far as greatness is concerned because of the last couple episodes.

That's overreacting.

It's a prediction. And The Shield is pretty ****ing good.

Buck 07-15-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8743627)
It's a prediction. And The Shield is pretty ****ing good.

Yeah, it's one of my favorite shows of all time, but BB is way better.

Reaper16 07-15-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8743634)
Yeah, it's one of my favorite shows of all time, but BB is way better.

It certainly has been thus far.