ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Herm and the Players (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145938)

ChiefaRoo 08-19-2006 10:32 PM

Herm and the Players

Do any of you guys think it's possible that Herm is too close to the players and doesn't work them in a way that pushes them and gets them to maximize their effort? If you look at past teams around the NFL who had an "old school" coach replaced with a laid back coach these teams never did much. (I remember Wade Phillips coming to Donkland after Dan Reeves and they stunk it up). I am concerned that the vets on KC's team think they know it all (the offensive guys) and this feeds over to the D which is in a huge state of attitude transition and is soft. I think KC needs tough love right now and that Herm needs to rule with an iron fist to mold this team into a bunch arsekickers. Jared Allen, Bell, Boomer etc seem to be be having too much fun playing in the NFL and writing blogs about Tony G's kickbutt parties in L.A. In my opinion Boomer should be worried about making the team. I know it's only preseason but I can see this team underperforming if they don't their attitude right. Thoughts?

Ultra Peanut 08-19-2006 10:36 PM

Jesus SHUT UP

ChiefaRoo 08-19-2006 10:37 PM

Your intelligence is exceeded only by your vocabulary.

Simplex3 08-19-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Jesus SHUT UP

I don't normally agree with Peanut, but I'm on board with this one.

ChiefaRoo 08-19-2006 10:41 PM

Hey I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. This team got rolled on national TV the other night and you can't just blame it all on pre-season. I'm willing to give herm the benefit of the doubt but its a fargin problem right now.

milkman 08-19-2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
I don't normally agree with Peanut, but I'm on board with this one.

Where the hell have you been hiding?

rad 08-19-2006 10:44 PM

I'm a little leery, but it's too early for this.

Hammock Parties 08-19-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad
I'm a little leery, but it's too early for this.

Yep. I'm not panicking until we're 0-2.

ChiefaRoo 08-19-2006 10:48 PM

I'm not panicking. I think KC has real talent on both sides of the ball but they're not meshing as a team very well right now. Yeah, it's early but the trend arrow is flat and it needs to be heading up. The next game at Arrowhead will be a good test.

rad 08-19-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo
I'm not panicking. I think KC has real talent on both sides of the ball but they're not meshing as a team very well right now. Yeah, it's early but the trend arrow is flat and it needs to be heading up. The next game at Arrowhead will be a good test.

Yes it will.

noa 08-19-2006 10:56 PM

My guess is we won't really know much about this team, its character, and its head coach until a regular season game has actually been played.

Sure-Oz 08-19-2006 10:59 PM

team has always looked diff preseason vs reg season, no worries right now!

ChiefaRoo 08-19-2006 11:00 PM

I guess what I want is to see Kendrell Bell hitting the quarterback so hard that he knocks himself unconscious after causing the fumble. I want to see the other teams QB's getting stomped, I want to see RB's blown up in the backfield. I want to see some intense fooking football!!! I love Trent and the guys but I want receivers laid out going over the middle! G&**ammit I want to see some FOOTBALL!!!

rad 08-19-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
My guess is we won't really know much about this team, its character, and its head coach until a Jets fan comes here to warn us about it.

FYP :D

jetstream23 08-20-2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo
Hey I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. This team got rolled on national TV the other night and you can't just blame it all on pre-season. I'm willing to give herm the benefit of the doubt but its a fargin problem right now.

With Herm it should be "trust but verify". Giving him the benefit of the doubt as he just starts taking the reigns is a good thing but being a players coach can be a double-edged sword. The Jets had Pete Carroll as HC a number of years ago and he was the worst kind of players coach....hence his success in college and failure as an NFL head coach. Herm is different, he does enough to get players to lay it out on the line for him, he has something that year after year didn't seem to grow tiresome for the players (although it did for our fans) because the players continued to respond for him. Last year was a little different though because many blamed the rash of injuries the Jets had on his soft training camp and when guys saw that a slight ankle sprain could help them avoid practicing there was a line forming at the trainers room by Week 5 when the season was going downhill faster than anyone thought it might. Again, just speaking from experience, keep an eye on injuries and practice schedules to figure out how soft or hard Herm is being on these guys. You don't get to the playoffs 3 different years without doing something right but the guy does have some faults that can rear their head.