ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261513)

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11319977)
He's definitely out.

Dylan O'Brien is at the top of the list.

Yikes.

Serious downgrade from Garfield.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 11320132)
Yikes.

Serious downgrade from Garfield.

I wouldn't know, as I haven't seen O'Brien in anything.

That said, I liked Garfield in Social Network but didn't really care much for his turn as Spidey.

keg in kc 02-10-2015 11:55 AM

I've never even heard of him.

I just hope they don't mess things up by rushing him (whoever it ends up being...) to the screen by next May for Civil War.

Although I'd also assume we'll see him introduced in a post-credits scene at some point. Although there's nothing before Civil War next year. So it would have to be after either Ultron (unlikely?) or Ant Man.

Maybe even leak/publicize the appearance post Ant Man credits to boost the box office.

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11320144)

That said, I liked Garfield in Social Network but didn't really care much for his turn as Spidey.

Yeah, I liked him better than Tobey as Spidey, but I wasn't overly thrilled in general. But he's got some chops. I've loved him in everything else I've seen him in.

Javabean 02-10-2015 12:02 PM

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Marvel is pushing back the release dates of four films in light of the Spider-Man deal.

Quote:

In the wake of its deal to co-produce Sony’s next “Spider-Man” movie, Disney has delayed the release of four upcoming Marvel superhero movies to make way for it.

Sony and Disney said Monday that they will co-produce the next “Spider-Man” film, marking a new creative direction for the character, which will be released by Sony on July 28, 2017.

Marvel-produced “Thor: Ragnarok” had been scheduled to come out on that date. Disney has delayed its release to Nov. 3, 2017, a date previous reserved for Marvel’s “Black Panther.”

The cascade of delayed Marvel super-hero movies will see “Black Panther” come out July 6, 2018, a date previously set for “Captain Marvel,” which now comes out Nov. 2, 2018. “Inhumans,” which had been set for that November date, is now scheduled for July 12, 2019.

Meanwhile, Sony will no longer release its Spider-Man villain movie “The Sinister Six” in November of 2016 as previously planned, said a person involved in its production. The studio will rethink its approach to the film, which remains in development, in light of the new agreement with Marvel.

Chiefspants 02-10-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 11320174)
Yeah, I liked him better than Tobey as Spidey, but I wasn't overly thrilled in general. But he's got some chops. I've loved him in everything else I've seen him in.

If Garfield didn't have to contend with rushed and awful scripts with final products that were cut up and frankensteined (for better or worse) in post-production, I think he could have been a solid spidey for a long time.

keg in kc 02-10-2015 12:05 PM

It will be interesting seeing how the marvel movies/MCU cross-pollinates the Sony movie.

Buehler445 02-10-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11320144)

Dude looks exactly like Garfield, almost. ****ing Creepy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images.../g24eSR4S.jpeg

I haven't seen him in anything. That maze runner show looks like pure trash, but he might be good in it, who knows?

Chiefspants 02-10-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11320204)
Dude looks exactly like Garfield, almost. ****ing Creepy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images.../g24eSR4S.jpeg

I haven't seen him in anything. That maze runner show looks like pure trash, but he might be good in it, who knows?

Hmm, maybe they're going to Cheadle Garfield? Andrew pretty much burned himself to the ground at Sony.

Red Brooklyn 02-10-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11320191)
If Garfield didn't have to contend with rushed and awful scripts with final products were cut up and frankensteined (for better or worse) in post-production, he could have been Spidey for a long time.

I think you've got a point. I don't blame Andrew for his awkward turn as Spidey. He had a lot going against him. And I know he's got some chops. Unfortunate because I was thrilled with the casting when it first happened.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11320198)
It will be interesting seeing how the marvel movies/MCU cross-pollinates the Sony movie.

From my understanding, that won't happen.

It's Sony>Marvel and not Marvel>Sony.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 11320236)
I think you've got a point. I don't blame Andrew for his awkward turn as Spidey. He had a lot going against him. And I know he's got some chops. Unfortunate because I was thrilled with the casting when it first happened.

It speaks more to Sony's incompetence than Garfield.

Rausch 02-10-2015 12:30 PM

If the performance is good (Ruffalo Hulk) no one will care about the failures of previous movies (Eric Bana "Hulk.")

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11320265)
If the performance is good (Ruffalo Hulk) no one will care about the failures of previous movies (Eric Bana "Hulk.")

Exactly but getting the "right" guy is the challenge.

keg in kc 02-10-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11320241)
From my understanding, that won't happen.

It's Sony>Marvel and not Marvel>Sony.

I could have phrased that better. I meant I was curious at seeing how the whole thing would end up being done.