ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or Galaxy SIII? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266327)

DJ's left nut 11-08-2012 10:13 AM

Okay, someone help me out here before I trade this phone back in for the EVO LTE.

I just got the SIII and the damn thing doesn't re-flow text when you zoom. If I zoom into a page, the browser leaves the text at the same size and makes me scroll left/right to get the text back on the page as I read.

Anyone that's had an HTC product knows that when you zoom, the text changes size/format to continue to stay on the screen and just lengthen the text column. It's much more user friendly for reading.

I like this SIII, it's lightening fast and does a lot of things very well. It appears to have far superior battery life to my EVO and I want to continue to stay up to speed with the latest technology. But this is a massive pain in the ass and a borderline deal breaker for me.

KevB 11-08-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9098128)
Okay, someone help me out here before I trade this phone back in for the EVO LTE.

I just got the SIII and the damn thing doesn't re-flow text when you zoom. If I zoom into a page, the browser leaves the text at the same size and makes me scroll left/right to get the text back on the page as I read.

Anyone that's had an HTC product knows that when you zoom, the text changes size/format to continue to stay on the screen and just lengthen the text column. It's much more user friendly for reading.

I like this SIII, it's lightening fast and does a lot of things very well. It appears to have far superior battery life to my EVO and I want to continue to stay up to speed with the latest technology. But this is a massive pain in the ass and a borderline deal breaker for me.

Just use Dolphin browser

DMAC 11-08-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9098236)
Just use Dolphin browser

Yeah, anything is better than the Samsung browser. It is pretty shitty. I use Chrome.

Don't use Touchwiz either.

loochy 11-08-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Just use Dolphin browser

If you use the Jetpack plugin, it's even better. It makes it really fast. :D

DJ's left nut 11-08-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Just use Dolphin browser

I tried Opera Mini and it didn't do it, nor did Chrome. I'll give the Dolphin a shot (though I thought I read that it didn't do it for the SIII, just the SII and the Note)

DaFace 11-08-2012 11:46 AM

Just because I don't wanna start a thread about it, the S3 outsold the iPhone last quarter.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A70GG20121108

DJ's left nut 11-08-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Just use Dolphin browser

Okay, didn't work. What else ya got?

the Evo would actually move text around to fit into a single page as you pinch/zoom.

This does not do that.

DJ's left nut 11-08-2012 01:44 PM

FOUND ONE!! Opera Mobile appears to work correctly.

Regular Opera didn't, is it possible I downloaded the wrong Dolphin Browser? This crap's pretty foreign to me at this point as I was fine with my HTC browser.

-King- 11-08-2012 07:01 PM

Yeah. Im uninstalling dolphin too.

Downloading opera mobile. Hope it works on my S3 also.
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie 11-08-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9098279)
I tried Opera Mini and it didn't do it, nor did Chrome. I'll give the Dolphin a shot (though I thought I read that it didn't do it for the SIII, just the SII and the Note)

Or Boat Browser. I really like it. Not a big fan of Samsungs stock browser

-King- 11-08-2012 08:46 PM

yeah. It works in opera, but man the font on this browser ****ing sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow 11-08-2012 09:57 PM

Love my SIII. My mom got the Note because she needs a little larger viewing screen. Had the SII and loved it so it was an easy choice for me. SIII is fast as hell.

SLAG 11-09-2012 06:56 AM

Note 2 has Quad core CPU and larger screen + the S-Pen

The Note 2 is very tempting but I too am waiting to see the Optimus G drop

Mr. Flopnuts 11-09-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9096216)
The size of Fisty McTatt's head.

LMAO Don't know much about the Note. But I have the S3 and love it. I haven't even unlocked everything this phone does. It's ****ing incredible.

The Franchise 12-26-2012 10:21 AM

Well.....I've got 6 days before I can upgrade. Anyone picked up the Note 2 yet?