ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto What's Wrong With My Car? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270600)

Rasputin 03-01-2013 08:58 AM

Did you run into an Aidstree or the wife run into an Aidstree on the weekend and not tell you?

Chiefshrink 03-01-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9453866)
Good lord. When did Chevy become the laughing stock of the car industry?

When their employees decided to "thug WE THE PEOPLE"(for the past 40yrs and especially these last 4yrs) thinking they are worth $500.00 an hour( a la Unions-exaggerated $ per hr but you get my point) when robots do the majority of the work. Imagine making that kind of $$ monitoring robots and eating donuts. Gives the Homer Simpson type of employee a whole new meaning while the price of new GM cars continue rise on pieces of shit( a la your situation). You are right ! You shouldn't be having this problem:rolleyes:

Dayze 03-01-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9453848)
Probably a blown Johnson rod.
Consider yourself lucky, most guys have to pay for that sorta thing.

ROFL

Consistent1 03-01-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9453878)
When their employees decided to "thug WE THE PEOPLE"(for the past 40yrs and especially these last 4yrs) thinking they are worth $500.00 an hour( a la Unions-exaggerated $ per hr but you get my point) when robots do the majority of the work. Imagine making that kind of $$ monitoring robots and eating donuts. Gives the Homer Simpson type of employee a whole new meaning while the price of new GM cars continue rise on pieces of shit( a la your situation). You are right ! You shouldn't be having this problem:rolleyes:

You need to be high on something while monitoring the robot too, don't forget that part. My ex used to work in an auto plant, and it was just crazy.

Brock 03-01-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Take this shit to DC. Oh, that's right, you CAN'T.

ROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Flopnuts 03-01-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

ROFL Oh how I've missed this. If this were Facebook I would tag Indignayshun to this post.

BigCatDaddy 03-01-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9453883)
You need to be high on something while monitoring the robot too, don't forget that part. My ex used to work in an auto plant, and it was just crazy.

I've heard. I'm sure you are referring to the pain meds?

Rooster 03-01-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9453782)
Alternator perhaps?

This

Dayze 03-01-2013 10:01 AM

drive you car around for a while; if the battery dies, you'll know it's the alternator.

:D

BigCatDaddy 03-01-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9453956)
drive you car around for a while; if the battery dies, you'll know it's the alternator.

:D

Will do!

Mike in SW-MO 03-01-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9453796)
its actually probably an issue with the throttle body.

shut the car off and see it it will run better when you re start it.

then take it to your dealer

Wife's '03 Denali has done same thing 2xfor in last 9 years. Throttle body both times.

If it happens on way to dealer, pull over shut it down & restart. It should come back.

Mav 03-01-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9453782)
Alternator perhaps?

an alternator wouldnt cause that. Its probably a belt. But as a 2011 you should still have a warranty right? take it to chevy. Id have to hear the engine to truly tell you.

King_Chief_Fan 03-01-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9454042)
an alternator wouldnt cause that. Its probably a belt. But as a 2011 you should still have a warranty right? take it to chevy. Id have to hear the engine to truly tell you.

A failed alternator caused me the very same problem as described. Once the battery was drained and the alternator could not keep it charged, everything electronic went out. Car would crawl but that was it.

rageeumr 03-01-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9453765)
I'm only able to do about 15 MPH's per hour now.

Thet's some pretty terrible acceleration. /nerd joke

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 03-01-2013 11:11 AM

Sounds like it might be the fuel pump or a clogged catalitic converter. I had that happen to my Ford Ranger last year, wouldn't go over 5 MPH.